Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Genuinely been stuck in a basement for 20 minutes now. Cannot see a thing and it’s telling me to follow the lights.
Ahh, don't I hated that mission! Go to the locked door with the light and then turn directly around 180 and you can get under the floor. It was an absolute shambles but I did laugh when the lights came back on and the room felt way bigger than when I was scrambling around in the dark.

Kaos

The crowd/car density needs fixing. More so the car spawn rate. Im on PC so I can turn the crowd density up to high but its still super rare to see more than like 4-5 cars on the streets/roads.

Def immersion killer.
The npc car AI is also dumb af. I often park my car in the middle of the road, get off to do a gig or side mission, and when I come back I just see a line of cars patiently waiting behind mine. I mean they couldn't have driven around it? :lol:

rednotled

I'm playing on Stadia and loving it
I guess you don't get random glitches like controller buttons not working? It gets a bit frustrating when the gun won't reload/aim/fire and melee does nothing when in a shootout.
Keeps me on my toes though, not sure what will work or not until I'm neck-deep...

Did you get the free Stadia Premiere Edition with the game purchase? I hadn't realised I qualified for it so was a very nice surprise.
It also gives me a chance to play the game using a different controller/chromecast, maybe they'll be more stable.

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
I had to turn RT off on my 2060 Super. Just could not get stable FPS no matter what I did with the normal settings, so decided to run on ultra @ 1440p with it off instead. Shame as it did look great.
Maybe lower the resolution to 1080p, put dlss in balanced and see how it goes from there?

also turn of vsync as it does something strange with resolution scaling.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/12/call-transcript_en.pdf

This was a call by the board to shareholders I think.

Bit of a long read, certainly some stupid fecking questions but also some really obvious lies from the board that stuck out like a sore thumb.
Someone on Reddit did a transcription, of sorts...

I called people asking the quistions A,B,C,D,E...

Everyone from CDPR is marked as CDPR but there were few people representing them.

I've bolded more interesting questions.

tl;dr: Full focus on fixing bugs/crashes. Sony/Microsoft not part of their refund campaign. They still plan to release promised content/DLC. Multiplayer ... maybe. Reviewers didn't get last gen version because they kept working on it. They think AI and NPS behaviour is a bug(? I put question mark here because I think the dude does not understand the extent to which people want this to be improved). Sony/Mikrosoft let them release the game because they trsuted it will be fixed on launch.

I did not proof read this. It's 2AM and I'm drinking alcohol. There are typos there. English is not my native language. Also it's no 1 to 1. It's my ... retelling.

A: How where the sales vs expectations?

CDPR: Good sales, mostly on PC to early for detailed answer. Sales numbers will be released before the holiday break.

A: Could you done better job with more developers?

CDPR: No, it was too late to throw in extra people and they wouldn't help.

A: How you feel about your ability for DLCs and multiplayer by 2022?

CDPR: Too early to judge. Let us make more assesment. We are focused on improving Cyberpunk and we will tell more early next year

B: Have you seen influx of refund after twitter statment?

CDPR: We're not encouraging players to refund the game. We hope they will trust us. We already released one fix and another one is coming in 7 days. If that's not possible we provide help. We just started. Gamers waited so long for the game so we humbely hope they can wait.

B: Did you need more external testing? Maybe too much is done inhouse.

CDPR: COVID didn't help. Our inhours testers were working at home but their extenral testing were not able to do so. We saw this inpacted testing but this is not the reason for this situation.

B: On Multiplayer. You aren't rushing into that right? 2023 maybe ....

CDPR: We haven't confirmed any dates yet. We're in situation we haven't planned maybe more info in January. We focus on gamers and fixing current Cyberpunk.

B: Something about pre orders. Weather people pre downloading Cyberpunk on GOG were part of pre order numbers.

CDPR: Yes but they had to actually pre order the game to have option to pre download the game. There was no manipulation with the numbers.

C: Board ignored the warnings about last gen issues. Was game delivered anyway because you wanted to deliver this game this year? Launch is important or you underestimated how bad it really is?

CDPR: We focused too much on PC perforamance and didn't bother much with last gen consoles. There were no out of ordinary amount pressure to release the game.

C: How come game went through Sonys and Microsoft certification to get on the consoles?

CDPR: This is on our side. Sony and microsoft was hoping we will fix the game on release. It's entierly on CDPR

C: Are you confident last gen consoles will be able to perform or is the game too demanding and no amount of fixing will provide a good product?

CDPR: We are planning on making the game into much much better shape with the incoming improvements.... don't expect next gen performance. It's gonna be "good playable game without glitchs and crashes".

Dude C said he ownd PS4 and that he's happy with that last sentance and he's happy he will be able to play the game

CDPR: You will be able.

C: Ok ty

D: Will you still be doing strategic updates in Q1 or that will be posponed?

CDPR: So far we plan to release strategic updates as planned in Q1.

D: Can you explain why gameplay from old gens was hidden from people?

CDPR: We were updating this version until the very last minute and hoped we will make it in time. Becuase it was work in progress so we didn't release it until like 1 day before launch but it was late and it's entierly on CDPR.

D: How you deploy your staff now? Who works on mobile/next witcher/DLCs? Did staff allocation changed? Will this delay Witcher 4?

CDPR: Mobile team is working on mobile(I believe this is different developer all together that got rights to develop their game), Gwent team is hard locked on gwent. Cyberpunk will continue to work on patches. We are still working on future projects. At least until february people will be working on patching the game.

E: Some numbers? Wierd accent can't understand sorry. I think it was development vs marketing costs. And he asked about patches? How much will that cost?

CDPR: Can't share costs of developing the game. Costs of patching the game is irrelevant to what we can loose here. We made a promise and we will keep working on it. We will release Q4 raport when it's regular time that will show marketing numbers. This is not the time.

F: Will Microsoft and Sony financially participate in your refund campaignor it's just you?

CDPR: They have their own policies so it's up to them to handle. There's nothing special done here. It's handled like any other refund.

F: Will you give free VRC to gamers? Maybe he ment DLC.

CDPR: We already explained our plans regarding players. Nothing new to add. I imagine this means they don't plan anything "extra" for now outside of fixes and already promised stuff.

F: Something about bonus policy for empleyees?

CDPR: No comment about what somebody else said what's happening in the studio.

F: So there won't be any impact on the Q4 raport because of the refunds?

CDPR: We cannot say right now.

G: What will be the shape of the game after the optimalization? Will the game be cheaper on consoles?

CDPR: Game will have no crashes. Main bugs will be fixed. Performance improvment. Game is playable right now. It's not like the game is not launching or not playable. I understand it's far from satisfactionary but not launching is not the case. Vs PC we stated before you cannot expect PC or next gen like performance. We don't plan to change the price of the game

G: Could you made a launch without the last gen consoles if it's state was unacceptable?

CDPR: Theoretically yes but ... no because next gen and last gen release are not seperated (or something). This is because of the promise that everyone with last gen console will get next gen version aswell and we hope this will stop people from refunding.

H: Comments on PC sales? How's PC players feddback vs consoles?

CDPR: Initial sales were very good. We're collecting data but PC sales were good. Players feed from PC is better than the one from consoles. Feedback is mixed between platforms and it isn't easy to look at all of them. Revieres got PC version so you can look at early revies.

H: PC configuration and stability?

CDPR: PC configurations vary so people will get different performance. Download Nvidia driver. PC players enjoy the game. We see positive comments on streams.

H: You mentioned next patch in 7 days. What will this patch include?

CDPR: For console we already remove a lot of crashes with last patch and we aim to remove more with next patch so people can enjoy their game during holidays and again major updates will come in january and february. Please wait.

Someone was in line after H lady but they fecked up so moderator moved on. Sucks to be that person.

Next dude was very market oriented. Didn't seem to care about the game at all ...

I: Tragectory for sales? Something about updating the market?

CDPR: Sales update will be release before holiday break and more detailed raport will be part of the standard Q4 raport.

I: How active are the players? Are they sticking up to the game?

CDPR: We're getting more and more positive feedback. We started at 70(I think he talks about game score or something) and now we're at 79. Once we filter the score based on hours played more hours played higher the score so the more people play the more they enjoy it. We're focusing on last gen consoles but it's not like we're getting negative feedback from next gen consoles. We have more and more happy players ... something something.

J: Out of 8mil preorders can you tell how many of those are old consoles new consoles and PC?

CDPR: PC is 59% and consoles 41% but we do not know the split between old/new gen since keys works for both generations and we don't see how the code was redeemed.

J: What were your expectations of breakdown between those?

CDPR: We expected more on PC because PC players preorder more and console players usually buy the game after the release. We still don't have update from physical copies so we can't tell.

J: Yeah I understand that but I wanted to know from budgeting process what were you expecting? (I think he wants to know how many old gen players CDPR expected and maybe they didn't expect enough so they under budgeted it)

CDPR: PC/console split is what we expected. We were not looking at old/new gen split in estimations.

K: Are the patches just purely looking at glitches/bug/crashes or will there be gameplay improvements? What about AI and NPC behaviour?

CDPR: To be honest those are the same for us. AI and NPC behaviour for us are the bugs.

K: What do you expect in terms of purchases over the year from gamers that decide to postpone the purchuse until they get next gen console?

CDPR: We offered free update to next gen console so we hope this won't stop anyone from purchising the game before they get next game. Some more uninteresting stuff.

L: Of the digital copies. How many were sold on GOG?

CDPR: We're not revealing this number. Cyberpunk has bigger split but something something reasons becasue.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ahh, don't I hated that mission! Go to the locked door with the light and then turn directly around 180 and you can get under the floor. It was an absolute shambles but I did laugh when the lights came back on and the room felt way bigger than when I was scrambling around in the dark.
Did the exact same :lol: the room was fecking massive

Irwin99

I know some people will disagree but there is a very good game in here. The company knows how to write good characters and dialogue choices and the world is very creepy and Blade Runner-esque. As inexcusable and ridiculous as its launch was, I'd still rather play this than some of the more polished by-the-numbers games that come out year after year. That doesn't absolve the game of it's massive problems however.

Kaos

I know some people will disagree but there is a very good game in here. The company knows how to write good characters and dialogue choices and the world is very creepy and Blade Runner-esque. As inexcusable and ridiculous as its launch was, I'd still rather play this than some of the more polished by-the-numbers games that come out year after year. That doesn't absolve the game of it's massive problems however.
Completely agreed. I'm one of the lucky ones playing this on PC, so I'm having a blast. The industry needs more fresh IPs and I'd much rather take a punt on CDPR's offering (as rough as it is), than the 15th iteration of Call of Assassins Creed: 2020 ultimate team - remastered edition. I've fallen out of love with gaming the last few years, so I find it refreshing that this game and Demon Souls have brought me back to hours long binge sessions I haven't seen since I was a younger adult playing games like Mass Effect and KOTOR.

CDPR have definitely cocked up the launch and they rightfully should compensate the console players who've been fleeced, but I'm confident they'll recover from this debacle, fix the game up and go on to produce more quality games.

Irwin99

Completely agreed. I'm one of the lucky ones playing this on PC, so I'm having a blast. The industry needs more fresh IPs and I'd much rather take a punt on CDPR's offering (as rough as it is), than the 15th iteration of Call of Assassins Creed: 2020 ultimate team - remastered edition. I've fallen out of love with gaming the last few years, so I find it refreshing that this game and Demon Souls have brought me back to hours long binge sessions I haven't seen since I was a younger adult playing games like Mass Effect and KOTOR.

CDPR have definitely cocked up the launch and they rightfully should compensate the console players who've been fleeced, but I'm confident they'll recover from this debacle, fix the game up and go on to produce more quality games.
Those were exactly the games I was thinking of :D Nothing against fans of those games they're just not for me anymore (unless AC gets a serious reboot in the near future)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Yeah agreed. Don’t get me wrong, the latest AC is decent, Modern Warfare has reignited my enjoyment for cod, but when we have the possibility to do anything like with games, I often think that potential is being wasted.

I can think of so many cool ideas that haven’t been explored properly, and then sometimes when they are they aren’t done justice. At least they had the right idea with this. They aimed high. Let’s hope they get a bit closer to that.

Kaos

Yeah agreed. Don’t get me wrong, the latest AC is decent, Modern Warfare has reignited my enjoyment for cod, but when we have the possibility to do anything like with games, I often think that potential is being wasted.

I can think of so many cool ideas that haven’t been explored properly, and then sometimes when they are they aren’t done justice. At least they had the right idea with this. They aimed high. Let’s hope they get a bit closer to that.
Yeah this is a frustration I share. I hate the fact that the triple A industry plays it safe and tries to milk us with 'live services', remasters and essentially rehashed games every year. Pretty much most innovation comes from indie studios.

MMOs are the one genre I really expected to take off and push gaming boundaries. I remember playing Everquest and Star Wars galaxies in the early noughties, being excited at the potential for MMOs in the future. Then World of Warcraft released and changed everything - at that point studios simply decided to copy WoW's formula and felt less inclined to take risks and innovate. And since then we've not seen any major MMO initiatives (outside of EA-BioWare's Star Wars MMO which ended being nothing more than a shallow WoW clone).

I'm actually glad Cyberpunk sold as well as it did (and live services like that awful Marvel Avengers game bombed hard) - hopefully it compels the big studios to try and push the boundaries a bit more with new IPs and original ideas.

Lyricist

this

mitChley

Yeah this is a frustration I share. I hate the fact that the triple A industry plays it safe and tries to milk us with 'live services', remasters and essentially rehashed games every year. Pretty much most innovation comes from indie studios.

MMOs are the one genre I really expected to take off and push gaming boundaries. I remember playing Everquest and Star Wars galaxies in the early noughties, being excited at the potential for MMOs in the future. Then World of Warcraft released and changed everything - at that point studios simply decided to copy WoW's formula and felt less inclined to take risks and innovate. And since then we've not seen any major MMO initiatives (outside of EA-BioWare's Star Wars MMO which ended being nothing more than a shallow WoW clone).

I'm actually glad Cyberpunk sold as well as it did (and live services like that awful Marvel Avengers game bombed hard) - hopefully it compels the big studios to try and push the boundaries a bit more with new IPs and original ideas.
I loved the flexibility of SWG. I enjoyed my time in WoW (vanilla, catalyst, then more recently classic) but it always felt like living in a premade world. Building times and villages in SWG was incredible, we had one near the Krayt Dragon area on Tatooine which meant having a near monopoly in them (Bloodfin server). I was tempted to give it another go on private servers but I think you need the CD for install and I've no idea where mine has long gone.

Lyricist

Tbf Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition is awesome albeit being easily as bug ridden as CP2077. :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not sure how you can play an RPG game and be able to deal with the AI in this game. Surely it breaks immersion all the fecking time

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I have the glitch where Dum Dum follows me around after ‘The Pickup’ mission. He joins in my my shooting escapades but also gets me spotted, the prick.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I guess you don't get random glitches like controller buttons not working? It gets a bit frustrating when the gun won't reload/aim/fire and melee does nothing when in a shootout.
Keeps me on my toes though, not sure what will work or not until I'm neck-deep...

Did you get the free Stadia Premiere Edition with the game purchase? I hadn't realised I qualified for it so was a very nice surprise.
It also gives me a chance to play the game using a different controller/chromecast, maybe they'll be more stable.
Yes I got that! Haven't received it yet though.

I have had and seen loads of bugs.. the main one being that on the right hand side where it gives options (circle to skip etc) sometimes those queue up and never disappear. Also random stuff like guns floating in the air.

The only time I had a problem with my controller is when I tried to force it into doing 4k using stadia enhanced on edge. I'm playing on a PC that I use for emulation and low powered games and it it's obviously not man enough to even stream 4k. Doing that I had massive input lag.

It took me ages to get my controller set up on a way I am happy with. I say it all up, then someone on Reddit posted his settings which made it all much worse so I had to do it all over again

rcoobc

The npc car AI is also dumb af. I often park my car in the middle of the road, get off to do a gig or side mission, and when I come back I just see a line of cars patiently waiting behind mine. I mean they couldn't have driven around it? :lol:
Bugs completely aside, the AI could have used another 12 months of work.

They should have dropped PS4 and Xbox one

Kaos

I loved the flexibility of SWG. I enjoyed my time in WoW (vanilla, catalyst, then more recently classic) but it always felt like living in a premade world. Building times and villages in SWG was incredible, we had one near the Krayt Dragon area on Tatooine which meant having a near monopoly in them (Bloodfin server). I was tempted to give it another go on private servers but I think you need the CD for install and I've no idea where mine has long gone.
Yeah nothing has quite topped the experience I had in SWG - really felt the 'massive' in MMO. I just loved being anyone in the universe, I just opened up a rifle store in Tatooine and spent most my time harvesting metals. Even built up a reputation for having the best T21s in my server at one time :lol: . I did play it on private servers a few years ago.....the game hasn't aged well haha.

I don't mind the so-called theme park MMOs like WoW, its just that I miss the true sandbox nature of games like SWG. They don't seem to make any decent ones anymore.

Kaos

Tbf Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition is awesome albeit being easily as bug ridden as CP2077. :lol:
It's still just a remaster though, as good as it is. I'm a little tired of this trend to simply remaster existing games instead of focusing on new IPs. If I see another version of Skyrim on the new consoles ima lose it.

Granted I absolutely love the Demon Souls remake on ps5, but I've never played the original so it felt like a new, next-gen game for me.

AaronRedDevil

done the gold bar glitch in read dead 2 and it never sat right with me
Fair enough. Just I never had much money in cyberpunk. Especially when the cyberware stuff is 40k each. That'll be an insane amount of work to afford most of it.

C3Pique

You can download it for XSX but its not the full next gen version, not sure about physical copies. Still looks great on XSX though.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
done the gold bar glitch in read dead 2 and it never sat right with me
Dutch keeps talking about how they just need one big score and they can get away from all of the people who want them dead, and I'm just nodding in agreement hoping he doesn't notice the ten grand I've got stuffed in my pockets.

Jack-C20

Not really kept up with the thread and I’m sure it’s been said a few times before but... I spent about two hours walking round Night City really slowly the other night thinking I couldn’t sprint due to a bug but it turns out my rucksack was full. Cleared it out and back to normal now. It’s doesn’t help that I get serious FOMO and literally pick everything up in sight out of fear it could be important.

rcoobc

Not really kept up with the thread and I’m sure it’s been said a few times before but... I spent about two hours walking round Night City really slowly the other night thinking I couldn’t sprint due to a bug but it turns out my rucksack was full. Cleared it out and back to normal now. It’s doesn’t help that I get serious FOMO and literally pick everything up in sight out of fear it could be important.
:lol: that's good to know for me

evil_geko

Double-jump is a must to unlock asap, might be a bit steep for some at 45k though.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I managed to pressure a ripper doc into a discount so got it for £19k. I ended up going for the big jump and its epic.