Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
We'll have to see how it plays out, but AI, NPC reactions and driving plus a load of fixes to the fighting mechanics which were my biggest issues.. Plus they've added apartments to buy and more character customisation. It's a huge patch though so will need a few fixes I suspect. I reckon I'll give it another play through in a couple of months.

Patch 1.5 & Next-Generation Update — list of changes - Cyberpunk 2077 — from the creators of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Yep think I might wait a little longer considering I’ve completed it once already. This is a huge month for gaming so I’ll just play it down the line.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah, the game and the machine.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent piece of kit, but really not necessary right now. This gen has nothing to show for it so far, nothing that sets it aside.

Hopefully it will come, but right now you aren't missing anything mate. You really aren't.
That’s a weird take. I mean it can play games at 4k or 60fps or in some cases both which is way more than a PS4 can do, and dual sense is nice. At £449 it is an absolute bargain upgrade considering the cost of gaming pc’s right now. Is someone a bit grumpy tonight?

and yes cyberpunk is meh and no amount of patches will change it.

AaronRedDevil

Kinda a bad idea to release this during the week of one of the biggest PS exclusives coming out right now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah, the game and the machine.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent piece of kit, but really not necessary right now. This gen has nothing to show for it so far, nothing that sets it aside.

Hopefully it will come, but right now you aren't missing anything mate. You really aren't.
The game isn't highly rated so I don't see how it can be overrated. I'm hopeful it'll be a great experience when I do play it, so let's see.

As for Playstation 5, I know I'm not missing much because the first 2 years of a console generation tend to be slow. But it will without be my preferred gaming platform, as I couldn't be bothered with PC gaming /Xbox/Nintentdo and Sony crushed it this past console generation. Their big exclusives seem to have started off well with HFW. GoW to come later this year. I'm hoping to go through this PS5 era the same way as I did the PS4 one, - late and with a backlog of gret content to go through.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
The game isn't highly rated so I don't see how it can be overrated. I'm hopeful it'll be a great experience when I do play it, so let's see.

As for Playstation 5, I know I'm not missing much because the first 2 years of a console generation tend to be slow. But it will without be my preferred gaming platform, as I couldn't be bothered with PC gaming /Xbox/Nintentdo and Sony crushed it this past console generation. Their big exclusives seem to have started off well with HFW. GoW to come later this year. I'm hoping to go through this PS5 era the same way as I did the PS4 one, - late and with a backlog of gret content to go through.
They'll have crushed it again by the end of this gen too, I have no doubts about that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Will be giving the free trial a run through later. I haven't ever touched this game before, due to the criticism that was rightly levelled at it/the company.

Bebe

Booted it up just to mess around a bit. I thought it looked incredible at medium-ish settings on PC at 1080p. It's glorious now on ps5

Nickosaur

Stoked that there seems to be more buzz around this now. Will probably jump in (still yet to play it) after the next big update/DLC as I've still got a bit of a backlog.

NoLogo

Played through it directly after release on PC and really loved it. Some bugs were annoying, but I never encountered any of the game breaking bugs, but given the reports about the state of the game, it seems I was lucky in that regard. Still loved the story and most of the characters, and I feel it's time after this patch to go for a second play through.

Shark

@NotShark
Booted it up just to mess around a bit. I thought it looked incredible at medium-ish settings on PC at 1080p. It's glorious now on ps5
Same on the Series X. For all my critisim of the game in this thread putting on my headphones and just walking through the streets with this upgrade is incredible. If and it's a big if they can add TW3 like depth to this it'd be a smashing game.

Redlambs

Same on the Series X. For all my critisim of the game in this thread putting on my headphones and just walking through the streets with this upgrade is incredible. If and it's a big if they can add TW3 like depth to this it'd be a smashing game.
There is some style there, the game isn't a complete write off with everything it does. It just makes it all the more depressing though what happened.

Though I am glad people get to see more raytracing and what it holds for the future. I've not seen it on the consoles with my own eyes after this patch, but on PC it's absolutely spectacular some of the views in this.

Smores

Sounds like it's actually worth playing now even if it'll never live up to the original hype.

I'll keep it on my backlog and benefit from future updates, which is my strategy for most games now. It was actually the Witcher that made me realise that as i played it years later after it had been perfected.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Played about 30 minutes of the Nomad option and it ran fine. Visually impressive, though I think the sound design needs more work.

Irwin99

Played about 30 minutes of the Nomad option and it ran fine. Visually impressive, though I think the sound design needs more work.
Haptic feedback any good?

tempted to load it up again at some point just to have a look even though i've done all the endings/missions, trophies etc.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Haptic feedback any good?

tempted to load it up again at some point just to have a look even though i've done all the endings/missions, trophies etc.
From the 30 minute period I played the haptic feedback was pretty good, more so when driving.

I'll dive back into CP2077 again sometime tomorrow night.

DanH

Are there any major performance differences between the ps5/series x? I'm tempted to take the plunge but want the best console experience.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Meh. Looks a little better, but not much. Car engine noise still amazingly doesn’t match the speed on screen - handling is better though.

tried ray tracing but performance is just much much smoother.

rented the apartments, collected some bits from completing the game already. Turned off now again until some form of DLC is there.

waste of time.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Dived into the free trial again last night and, though its improved a fair amount from its disastrous release both interms of certain aspects of its gameplay and some visuals, it just doesn't have enough pull to warrant my attention fulltime.

Fundamentally I think the game just lacks that certain charm.
Its all alittle wooden and ,unlike most open world games, it feels like I don't have a great deal of freedom traversing around Night City. There's too many cul-de-sacs to be found and, minor a few little cabins dotted around outside the City, the game generally feels abit dead and flat.

The interaction with most of the NPC's is lacking too, as are the numbers.
So, its also still flawed interms of depicting a City full of life, action and danger.

Regarding the look and design, from a certain distance the game appears visually impressive but it doesn't take a huge amount of time before you start to notice some of the issues that were apparent in its early release and are unfortunately still apparent now.
Too many untextured flat surfaces ,blurry advertisement boards on the buildings and not a great deal of enhancements on most of the NPC's appearances.
Generally it all makes the game look cheap and mostly dated once you look alittle deeper.

The sound design can be alittle inconsistent at times too but , all-in-all, it is one of the games stronger aspects and the voice acting ,for the most part, is captured well and really improves the texture of the games world.

Overall, its just not the game I was hoping it to be. The concept and Cyper-punk world still has alot of potential but I don't think this company have captured it well enough for me to put so much time into it.

The more I played it the more shallow and flat it came across and, bluntly, I was bored with it.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Dived into the free trial again last night and, though its improved a fair amount from its disastrous release both interms of certain aspects of its gameplay and some visuals, it just doesn't have enough pull to warrant my attention fulltime.

Fundamentally I think the game just lacks that certain charm.
Its all alittle wooden and ,unlike most open world games, it feels like I don't have a great deal of freedom traversing around Night City. There's too many cul-de-sacs to be found and, minor a few little cabins dotted around outside the City, the game generally feels abit dead and flat.

The interaction with most of the NPC's is lacking too, as are the numbers.
So, its also still flawed interms of depicting a City full of life, action and danger.

Regarding the look and design, from a certain distance the game appears visually impressive but it doesn't take a huge amount of time before you start to notice some of the issues that were apparent in its early release and are unfortunately still apparent now.
Too many untextured flat surfaces ,blurry advertisement boards on the buildings and not a great deal of enhancements on most of the NPC's appearances.
Generally it all makes the game look cheap and mostly dated once you look alittle deeper.

The sound design can be alittle inconsistent at times too but , all-in-all, it is one of the games stronger aspects and the voice acting ,for the most part, is captured well and really improves the texture of the games world.

Overall, its just not the game I was hoping it to be. The concept and Cyper-punk world still has alot of potential but I don't think this company have captured it well enough for me to put so much time into it.

The more I played it the more shallow and flat it came across and, bluntly, I was bored with it.
Pretty much spot on. I bought it last Friday and spent a big chunk of my Sunday playing this. The initial opening hour I'd say are very good, I was really enjoying the first few sequences but after a good few hours I'm still waiting for it to 'take off' but sadly, I'm suspecting it wont.

Totally agree with you regarding closer inspection. On the surface it all looks very impressive but once you start noticing little things everywhere. The gameplay does feel very shallow and the world itself is very empty and superficial.

Still going to play it for a bit, there's some aspects of it I like. I am enjoying some of the locations, they're very well realised and atmospheric.

Bebe

Pretty much spot on. I bought it last Friday and spent a big chunk of my Sunday playing this. The initial opening hour I'd say are very good, I was really enjoying the first few sequences but after a good few hours I'm still waiting for it to 'take off' but sadly, I'm suspecting it wont.

Totally agree with you regarding closer inspection. On the surface it all looks very impressive but once you start noticing little things everywhere. The gameplay does feel very shallow and the world itself is very empty and superficial.

Still going to play it for a bit, there's some aspects of it I like. I am enjoying some of the locations, they're very well realised and atmospheric.
I felt this way playing last year on PC. It took a major turn after the hilariously long intro (I didn't see the "Cyberpunk 2077" title pop up until 8 hours in or so), and then kept building from there until by 30 hours I was in love with the game. Slow burner but it did go somewhere worthwhile for me.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I felt this way playing last year on PC. It took a major turn after the hilariously long intro (I didn't see the "Cyberpunk 2077" title pop up until 8 hours in or so), and then kept building from there until by 30 hours I was in love with the game. Slow burner but it did go somewhere worthwhile for me.
Yeah I’m sure, I’m still invested enough to keep playing it, I do like it, it’s not as bad as some have made out but it’s definitely one to wonder just how good the game could have been.

Redlambs

Yeah I’m sure, I’m still invested enough to keep playing it, I do like it, it’s not as bad as some have made out but it’s definitely one to wonder just how good the game could have been.
For a start "as some have made out" isn't really applicable, since you are playing a version many patches down the line. You are bang on with the second part though, and that has always been my major gripe with the game. It's a mere shell of what they not only wanted, but promised and hyped themselves. And that doesn't make me as angry as the reddit mob, it just saddens me. And although I've been very critical and told people over and over on here that it won't ever be right, I never refunded and I have updated and tried it again this week.

As I've said before, it reminds me so much of Bioshock:Infinite. Incredibly disappointing all the innovation they had to cut, but with that game I ended up almost loving it for the atmosphere and the characters. CP will never get to that level for me, but I still have hope I can play through and complete it one day and at least enjoy it on some level.

caid

For a start "as some have made out" isn't really applicable, since you are playing a version many patches down the line. You are bang on with the second part though, and that has always been my major gripe with the game. It's a mere shell of what they not only wanted, but promised and hyped themselves. And that doesn't make me as angry as the reddit mob, it just saddens me. And although I've been very critical and told people over and over on here that it won't ever be right, I never refunded and I have updated and tried it again this week.

As I've said before, it reminds me so much of Bioshock:Infinite. Incredibly disappointing all the innovation they had to cut, but with that game I ended up almost loving it for the atmosphere and the characters. CP will never get to that level for me, but I still have hope I can play through and complete it one day and at least enjoy it on some level.
I liked the characters and writing a lot. It dragged me through a pretty weak game.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I liked the characters and writing a lot. It dragged me through a pretty weak game.
Yeah the side quests and characters were easily the best part of the game.

The main quest though, what the feck was that supposed to be? Absolute bumbling mess.

Redlambs

From the limited amount I've played (which is basically falling off roofs) I've enjoyed a lot of the side quests (the malfunctioning penis for example :lol:). The little touches of CDPR that you know and love come across well and really make me want to love this.

TrustInJanuzaj

I’m surprised a few more people don’t like the emergent gameplay elements they add. I think they do a great job with the lore in the game and making little stories that you can find when exploring. Reminds me so much of Bethesda games which is one element I think they do better than the rest. Maybe people don’t like that kind of thing as much as I do though because I love it in Skyrim and in Cyberpunk too.

b82REZ

I’m surprised a few more people don’t like the emergent gameplay elements they add. I think they do a great job with the lore in the game and making little stories that you can find when exploring. Reminds me so much of Bethesda games which is one element I think they do better than the rest. Maybe people don’t like that kind of thing as much as I do though because I love it in Skyrim and in Cyberpunk too.
That's a huge part of the problem.

CDPR insinuated to be giving us the evolution of the genre. Instead they gave us the same sort of experience as an 11 year old game with ray tracing.

TrustInJanuzaj

That's a huge part of the problem.

CDPR insinuated to be giving us the evolution of the genre. Instead they gave us the same sort of experience as an 11 year old game with ray tracing.
Personally I still don’t think a game has done that kind of world building better than Skyrim or fallout. And I’d say this is probably the next best at it. They do a great job of telling stories through their world building and there’s a real art to that. It’s something I thought was weak in The Witcher for example and they relied purely on brilliant writing and side quests. Sometimes though my most memorable moments are when I’m just exploring and come across a little scene where I have to piece it together in my head from clues left behind, I like that as it leaves me chance to use my own imagination in there too. Again maybe that’s just a personal preference.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Finally played and finished the game with the new update.

It's absolutely fantastic. Not revolutionary by any means, but it's just a really well-done RPG. Scratches an itch that's been there since Mass Effect Andromeda proved to be such a huge disappointment.

Irwin99

It's absolutely fantastic. Not revolutionary by any means, but it's just a really well-done RPG. Scratches an itch that's been there since Mass Effect Andromeda proved to be such a huge disappointment.
Which ending did you get?

There was obviously ridiculously unjustified hype and one of the worse launches in recent gaming history but I thought, at it's core, there was something good with its characters and its overall vibe. I even thought Keanu played his part pretty well and I liked Johnny even though he's a rockstar dickhead. The criticisms of the game were well justified and like you say it's hardly revolutionary but I've played a hell of a lot worse in terms of open world titles.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Downloading the latest update now on PC gonna finally give this a proper go.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Which ending did you get?

There was obviously ridiculously unjustified hype and one of the worse launches in recent gaming history but I thought, at it's core, there was something good with its characters and its overall vibe. I even thought Keanu played his part pretty well and I liked Johnny even though he's a rockstar dickhead. The criticisms of the game were well justified and like you say it's hardly revolutionary but I've played a hell of a lot worse in terms of open world titles.
Went with Panam and 6 months to live. Wonder which ending they’ll make canon at the end, because they’re so different from each other with future DLCs to come.

Irwin99

Went with Panam and 6 months to live. Wonder which ending they’ll make canon at the end, because they’re so different from each other with future DLCs to come.
Yeah that ending seems to be the most popular. I got all 4 endings as part of the plat but...

The creepiest ending was the space one which both frustrated me and really freaked me out. My first ending was New Dawn Fades which is Where Johnny lives on in V's body

Irwin99

Playing the proper PS5 upgrade at last and it is pretty decent, smooth and nice looking on 60FPS mode. Haptic feedback is cool too.

AaronRedDevil

Just Platinum Cyberpunk. What a brilliant game. Didn't have any crashes or disasters in performance. Just a few visual glitches but nothing else. Really enjoyed the story and characters again. The side Missions are the meat of the game. They actually matter in some sense. I'm hoping some of them carry over into the DLC. Like the Jefferson side story. That was messed up. Just wished they had a little bit more in it. Do something creative with the cops like you were supposed too. Better clothes because most of the time you look like a hobo. The weapons are cool, I love the smart Sniper rifle, it's like a cheat. Just non stop headshots. Wanted more variety like rocket's, granade launchers and such. Hopefully the DLC will be interesting.

I probably got most of the endings. I think the true ending is going with Rogue and Johnny sacrifices himself. Going with Hanoka ending was creepy as shit.

Bosws87

Personally thought the side missions were one of the biggest problems of the game and undid all the great progress they made with side quests in the witcher 3.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Playing the proper PS5 upgrade at last and it is pretty decent, smooth and nice looking on 60FPS mode. Haptic feedback is cool too.
I downloaded it on Series X recently just to check out the graphics, and I thought it looked as average as ever. Some things still felt 2 gens old too, like how cars sit still until you drive towards them and then they disappear in an instance when you've gone past.

I actually had good fun with it when it came out, but couldn't get past the bugs. Almost broke the game for me multiple times. Can't go back to it now which frustrates me. Games like that are impossible for me to get back into once I step away. Would have to start the whole thing again.