Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

AaronRedDevil

Is the world still barren? I saw like 4 NPCs outside of areas the missions took you to.
It's a bit better crowd wise. But still not nearly as promised. The police are kinda pointless. But other then that, it does seem like they've improved it a lot. But no where near what they told us. Really enjoyed the story again and the music is brilliant. Side missions are really good too. There's one of them that's creepy so I hope they continue that side mission in the DLC since it didn't end in the game. I should have used those arm blades at the start. They were fun to use.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Any news on DLC? I was hoping to jump into a second playthrough with the PS5 update and DLC drops.

Hoof the ball

I thought the same, I played it on PS5 a few months after it came out and had not read all the online complaints. When I saw them after I just assumed I must have been very lucky.
Also my experience.

On PS5, at both release and post-patch, I had no problems with bugs and glitches at all, save for it crashing in the first week, but it was always smooth on PS5.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I have it on Xbox and got it at launch. Experienced zero issues from A LOT of hours put into it.

Not sure how much they have managed to fix the PS version, but for those who like a good futuristic storyline in a large open world, I would highly recommend.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Make sure its fully patched and you have the ps5 version. Sounds a stupid thing to say but disc is ps4 version. Ps5 free download in buried in one of the submenus aftwr the ps4 disc does its initia installation.
Will do. I actually start the game on base PS4 of all consoles around launch but availed the refund offered. Now got the disc version on fifty percent off. Starting tomorrow!

Hamnat

Anyone watch the Cyberpunk edgerunners anime show on Netflix yet? I watched 3 of them so far its ok. I played the game after the new patch and one of the new missions basically shows you the first scene in the game in "VR".

amolbhatia50k

Absolutely loving it so far. First Act was phenomenal. Now I'm just enjoying exploring and doing small missions here and there. So often I'm just gawking at the beauty of the beauty and intricate design of the world.

dinostar77

Absolutely loving it so far. First Act was phenomenal. Now I'm just enjoying exploring and doing small missions here and there. So often I'm just gawking at the beauty of the beauty and intricate design of the world.
Traveling via motorbike in first person pespective is the only way to travel around nightcity.

amolbhatia50k

Traveling via motorbike in first person pespective is the only way to travel around nightcity.
Just got my first motorbike. Loving cruising around in it. I keep switching between first and third person view though as you don't get to see V often.

I just lose myself in this game. The world is so well crafted and the writing is top notch (so far). I completed the first Act before exploring the Night City and doing side quests. But every time I start main story thread I have to force myself to stop as I don't want to go too fast.

Gone for a technical build as the tech weapons just seem so darn cool. 25 hours in and they've flown by.

dinostar77

Just got my first motorbike. Loving cruising around in it. I keep switching between first and third person view though as you don't get to see V often.

I just lose myself in this game. The world is so well crafted and the writing is top notch (so far). I completed the first Act before exploring the Night City and doing side quests. But every time I start main story thread I have to force myself to stop as I don't want to go too fast.

Gone for a technical build as the tech weapons just seem so darn cool. 25 hours in and they've flown by.
There are some really good side quests, i focused on them more than main story quests for awhile. The game does have its flaws. The lack of a few predefined loadouts. The fact that you get swamped with guns and melee weapons and there isnt a way to "lock" your fav weapons when trying to sell a shed load of weapons at one time.

HookedOnAPhelan

Played this on PC back when it was first released. Thought it was pretty good, but didn't live up to expectations. Not because of the bugs (of which there obviously were a few back then, but not enough to ruin the experience for me), but because of things like the shite AI and lack of variation in side missions.

The one bug I thought was amazing was almost immediately patched though. It was the Never Fade Away mission, and this riff played on continuous loop throughout the mission. Took me a while to realize it was actually a bug. I just loved playing Keanu and shooting everything with that awesome handgun with that riff playing in the background.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It's a deeper issue if you have to define "bugs". Especially playing it later (and ignoring all their promises).

But I'm glad you are loving it amol, I knew you of all people would. And that's the thing about it, it's the reason I still love my experience with the trainwreck that was Bioshock:infinite, that sometimes you can get the idea behind the mess and still have fun. CP will never do that for me as I just find the whole thing way too bland, but I do see the effort pumped in by people who gave a shit.

caid

It's a deeper issue if you have to define "bugs". Especially playing it later (and ignoring all their promises).

But I'm glad you are loving it amol, I knew you of all people would. And that's the thing about it, it's the reason I still love my experience with the trainwreck that was Bioshock:infinite, that sometimes you can get the idea behind the mess and still have fun. CP will never do that for me as I just find the whole thing way too bland, but I do see the effort pumped in by people who gave a shit.
I think if you stick to the main story quests and dont look too hard theres a good experience to be had. Its best skimmed through. The bugs were always a sidenote to how thin and weak the mechanics were. They dont hold up well once you leave the rails of the main story quests.

amolbhatia50k

This was the game I've looked forward to most ever since it was announced despite the abysmal launch state. I mean as someone who puts Deus Ex and Witcher 3 in my top 3 games of all time and has always found the cyber punk / similar Sci fi genres fascinating, I knew this would be right up my alley.

So far I'm absolutely hooked. The world is just surreal in how much detail and love they've put into it. The writing so far is quality - it has a sense of urgency and in your face feel that fits with this world too. I'm enjoying the customisation even if it may not be as deep (?) as some games but enough for me to play around with - gone for a tech build as the tech guns are really fun to use. And like Witcher 3 while the combat etc mechanics aren't elite tier or anything they just feel good / fun to me (melee animations are a bit wank im not sure why). So a bit of everything, working for me right now. Looking forward to how it proceeds.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Maybe I’ll give it another in try after 6 months or so when there’s been a few more updates.

Jerch

Just bought and downloaded it and I thought I am buying open world game like GTA and 1 hour in it seems like "stick to the path or die" type of game. Does this change or it is like that all the way.

Irwin99

This was the game I've looked forward to most ever since it was announced despite the abysmal launch state. I mean as someone who puts Deus Ex and Witcher 3 in my top 3 games of all time and has always found the cyber punk / similar Sci fi genres fascinating, I knew this would be right up my alley.

So far I'm absolutely hooked. The world is just surreal in how much detail and love they've put into it. The writing so far is quality - it has a sense of urgency and in your face feel that fits with this world too. I'm enjoying the customisation even if it may not be as deep (?) as some games but enough for me to play around with - gone for a tech build as the tech guns are really fun to use. And like Witcher 3 while the combat etc mechanics aren't elite tier or anything they just feel good / fun to me (melee animations are a bit wank im not sure why). So a bit of everything, working for me right now. Looking forward to how it proceeds.
Just as a non-spoiler some of the side quests are actually pretty good ( a lot are not). Look out for one side-quest called Sinnerman. That mission made me feel really uncomfortable when i first played the game

amolbhatia50k

The level of detail on some of these NPC's is ridiculous.

I have this habit of taking screenshots as I play games. I just love capturing cool moments / visuals / art design so I can randomly scan through it if I feel like it. In this game I'm basically spending a fourth of my playthrough doing that :lol:

Judy is :drool:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Going to go back to this after finishing Mass Effect: Legendary Edition. I gave up halfway through the PS4 version as it played absolutely terribly but loaded up the PS5 upgrade and it looks very clean. I have forgotten how to play it though so will need to restart the game to refresh myself. I'll probably enjoy that more this time around!

Jerch

After initial disappointment I got hooked until I encountered game breaking bug. Basically on a mission live during war at the end I need to call Takemura and he just doesn't answer.

I went all the way back to the start of the mission (several aoutsaves back) and did it again and other game breaking bug occured that I wasn't even able to open my phone when I needed to call Takemura.

Went even further back and the first bug occured on the same spot. I was doing that for 4-5 hours trying everything (doing mission stealth and gun blazing and trying every possible solution.

There are still a lot of bugs (pedestrians clipping into cars, ground etc) but they didn't bothered me but game breaking bug like this is to much. Probably will stop playing since idk how back I have to go to solve the problem and if the bug will occur again if I start from beginning.

amolbhatia50k

After initial disappointment I got hooked until I encountered game breaking bug. Basically on a mission live during war at the end I need to call Takemura and he just doesn't answer.

I went all the way back to the start of the mission (several aoutsaves back) and did it again and other game breaking bug occured that I wasn't even able to open my phone when I needed to call Takemura.

Went even further back and the first bug occured on the same spot. I was doing that for 4-5 hours trying everything (doing mission stealth and gun blazing and trying every possible solution.

There are still a lot of bugs (pedestrians clipping into cars, ground etc) but they didn't bothered me but game breaking bug like this is to much. Probably will stop playing since idk how back I have to go to solve the problem and if the bug will occur again if I start from beginning.
That's a really rough bug. Could you write a complaint to CDPR for them to try to fix it from the backend? (Probably not)

Jerch

That's a really rough bug. Could you write a complaint to CDPR for them to try to fix it from the backend? (Probably not)
Didn't tried it yet to be fair. Will do. Did those missions so much that all autosaves are from that mission sequence onwards so can't go back without losing a lot of play time also.

Jerch

Googled it a bit more and found out that it's a phone glitch. Basically phone glitches during gameplay quite regularly. You see if it's glitched with calling Victor, he always respond. If he doesn't the phone is glitched. The guy writing about it said that he checks his phone after every mission.
Anyway went about 3 hours of gameplay back to my manual safe file where phone was still working and managed to complete the glitched mission. Combined with about 4+ hours trying everything fhat is quite a lot of lost playtime.
Will surely check phone in the future to not lose so much playtime.

SuperiorXI

Googled it a bit more and found out that it's a phone glitch. Basically phone glitches during gameplay quite regularly. You see if it's glitched with calling Victor, he always respond. If he doesn't the phone is glitched. The guy writing about it said that he checks his phone after every mission.
Anyway went about 3 hours of gameplay back to my manual safe file where phone was still working and managed to complete the glitched mission. Combined with about 4+ hours trying everything fhat is quite a lot of lost playtime.
Will surely check phone in the future to not lose so much playtime.
Your own fault for ignoring people

Irwin99

Hopefully the sequel will live up to the world's potential. I'm dipping into it again every now and then on the PS5 and I still feel there's something that could have been amazing.

justboy68

A sequel makes great sense if they do it in the Yakuza style where each game more or less builds upon the same game world of Kamurucho. The world of Night City is a great foundation and big enough to do loads more with. Hell that's what seems to have taken the vast percentage of development time. Now for the sequel they can fully focus on improving the core mechanics, adding in some more side activities and things around the city. Have a feeling the sequel could be the great game we were all expecting the original to be.

With that said I still had a good time with the original on PC too. The problem was it was billed as too much of a GTA style game rather than a Deus Ex style action RPG. From the lens of an Action RPG with solid quests and writing it was a good game in its own right.

amolbhatia50k

Not finished 2077 (absolutely loving it) but excellent to hear about a sequel. This world is too brilliant to end with one game.