Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That space ending is haunting. Plus I heard that might be the true ending, that'll connect with the upcoming DLC. Also hope they continue that side mission storyline where the rich guy is being watched and controlled I think. That was freaky. Can't wait for that.
Which one is that? As there are a couple of those.

Arasaka space station or the Johnny ones where V heads off to thr Crystal Palace

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Side note, if you've played the game and not watched Edgerunners, you really should. It's fantastic.

(It's fantastic even if you haven't played the game)

amolbhatia50k

Side note, if you've played the game and not watched Edgerunners, you really should. It's fantastic.

(It's fantastic even if you haven't played the game)
I actually started it while playing the game. It was very interesting but I got hooked by the game so left it half way. Will definitely go back.

On a side note, here's Skippy and Delamain flirting

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
So I've finally finished Cyberpunk 2077 and to be honest, I adore this game. This is only the second time I've started replaying a game right after finishing it (playing twice even with a break is rare for me, I like moving on) and the only other time it happened was with Witcher 3. I've mentioned before about how being a huge fan of the OG Deus Ex and Witcher 3, this being related to both in mant ways, hits a certain sweet spot for me. So here are a few things reasons/ thoughts:
  • Night City. This is pretty easily the best video game world I've ever experienced. The Witcher 3 set a new benchmark and Rockstar have always made really believable worlds which they again did with RDR2. But the sheer density, detail and mastery with which Night City has been put together is really remarkable. Sometimes I forget I'm actually in a game and start feeling like a tourist ogling about at the something new spotted a-far. Which is why I spend half my time taking screenshots on the PS5.
  • Gameplay. As mentioned above, I went for a tech/smart weapons all action gunner build getting Sandivestan along the way which basically makes you a more badass version of Neo. The shooting mechanics in this game are a lot better than I expected, and I didn't really get bored along the way - finished all the gigs and side missions too.
  • Enjoyed the RPG mechanics too. Understand they may not have been optimised earlier, but they're pretty good now. For the next edition, I think they should add some more game altering cyberware. Kerenzikov, hacking, Sandevistan and the changes to jumping are good, but maybe a few more things / actions that trigger based the situation and cybermods (for example special melee moves - I think is coming soon, maybe some telekenisis type shit)
  • The story, characters and writing were the other big hook for me. I found the main story riveting - really grabs you by the balls. Of course it is at odds with the open world structure but I find that easy to suspend that being the naive gamer that I am. But it was a lot more personal and full of heart than I thought it would be. That's been my issue with the recent Deus Ex games (HR and MD) where everything feels robotic whereas despite the topics this journey with V felt human, for the lack of a better world. And just when I was racing through the story a bit too fast I decided to focus on the side quests, and fecking hell, some of the content is just incredible. When I actually decided to dive into them, I realised that how well they flesh out these characters and relationships and pretty much each of them felt believable and real. That's where Judy, Panam and the rest of V's world is fleshed out into something more meaningful. Special mention to expectedly fantastic stuff like Johnny's side quest which was lovely, the Peralez' questline, the cross BD chap and of course River Ward.
  • And I've heard he was controversial, but Johnny Silverhand has to be the best companion I've experienced in gaming. The back and forth between him and V and the little smart / bad ass comments were fecking great.
Alright I'm done creaming myself. Phew.
Fair play to you. I gave up on it pretty early on, your enthusiasm has convinced me to give it another go in its latest form ... I'll blame you if it's still sh*t :)

amolbhatia50k

Fair play to you. I gave up on it pretty early on, your enthusiasm has convinced me to give it another go in its latest form ... I'll blame you if it's still sh*t :)
Hope you have a blast!

I'd say just try and enjoy the world and characters as much as you can - there's a lot of side content that was completely optional for which they've added actual quest markers etc. And figure out a build you want to go for as you can't respec attributes.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I'm finally approaching the end of act1 after a few false starts. Playing the street version this time and am hooked now. This is on the pc and not seen any bugs yet. The driving is a bit fiddly but can look past that.

dinostar77

I'm finally approaching the end of act1 after a few false starts. Playing the street version this time and am hooked now. This is on the pc and not seen any bugs yet. The driving is a bit fiddly but can look past that.
Motorbike's in first person view is the only way to drive around nightcity.

I will jump back in when the songbird dlc is released.

dinostar77

So I've finally finished Cyberpunk 2077 and to be honest, I adore this game. This is only the second time I've started replaying a game right after finishing it (playing twice even with a break is rare for me, I like moving on) and the only other time it happened was with Witcher 3. I've mentioned before about how being a huge fan of the OG Deus Ex and Witcher 3, this being related to both in mant ways, hits a certain sweet spot for me. So here are a few things reasons/ thoughts:
  • Night City. This is pretty easily the best video game world I've ever experienced. The Witcher 3 set a new benchmark and Rockstar have always made really believable worlds which they again did with RDR2. But the sheer density, detail and mastery with which Night City has been put together is really remarkable. Sometimes I forget I'm actually in a game and start feeling like a tourist ogling about at the something new spotted a-far. Which is why I spend half my time taking screenshots on the PS5.
  • Gameplay. As mentioned above, I went for a tech/smart weapons all action gunner build getting Sandivestan along the way which basically makes you a more badass version of Neo. The shooting mechanics in this game are a lot better than I expected, and I didn't really get bored along the way - finished all the gigs and side missions too.
  • Enjoyed the RPG mechanics too. Understand they may not have been optimised earlier, but they're pretty good now. For the next edition, I think they should add some more game altering cyberware. Kerenzikov, hacking, Sandevistan and the changes to jumping are good, but maybe a few more things / actions that trigger based the situation and cybermods (for example special melee moves - I think is coming soon, maybe some telekenisis type shit)
  • The story, characters and writing were the other big hook for me. I found the main story riveting - really grabs you by the balls. Of course it is at odds with the open world structure but I find that easy to suspend that being the naive gamer that I am. But it was a lot more personal and full of heart than I thought it would be. That's been my issue with the recent Deus Ex games (HR and MD) where everything feels robotic whereas despite the topics this journey with V felt human, for the lack of a better world. And just when I was racing through the story a bit too fast I decided to focus on the side quests, and fecking hell, some of the content is just incredible. When I actually decided to dive into them, I realised that how well they flesh out these characters and relationships and pretty much each of them felt believable and real. That's where Judy, Panam and the rest of V's world is fleshed out into something more meaningful. Special mention to expectedly fantastic stuff like Johnny's side quest which was lovely, the Peralez' questline, the cross BD chap and of course River Ward.
  • And I've heard he was controversial, but Johnny Silverhand has to be the best companion I've experienced in gaming. The back and forth between him and V and the little smart / bad ass comments were fecking great.
Alright I'm done creaming myself. Phew.
Did you kill the cyberpsychos or save them? I almost saved them all, bar 2 where i miscalculated their remaining health.

amolbhatia50k

Did you kill the cyberpsychos or save them? I almost saved them all, bar 2 where i miscalculated their remaining health.
I tried but I think I killed a couple. Making sure to save them all on my second playthrough. Do you get any reward?

I'm really enjoying combat in my 2nd playthrough as well. Just so many options - I can use hacking to weaken or incapacitate, quietly pick off using a silenced revolver or go in with my mantis blades / monowire.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So I played this at launched and ran away screaming after 2 hours over all the moronic bugs.

Is it better now? And if so, should I stick to pc or is the ps5 version better?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
So I played this at launched and ran away screaming after 2 hours over all the moronic bugs.

I did the same but have downloaded it again. I’ve not played much but had a good stroll around and it looks great on PS5. So much better than before.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I did the same but have downloaded it again. I’ve not played much but had a good stroll around and it looks great on PS5. So much better than before.
I'm reinstalling it. I just got a gynormous ultra wide monitor for my PC and need something to play on it besides Total War (which looks amazeballs).

Though Final Fantasy 5 looks good on it as well :wenger:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'll wait for the police update and then give this another go.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Its looks great, especially at night. The variations in appearances in the Non playable characters has vastly improved.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What's the police update?
Apparently the police are awful in game. Will spawn out of nowhere behind you, shoot you for slightly bumping a car, etc..

Just thought I'd wait until that's sorted so I get a nicely rounded game for my first proper experience with it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Apparently the police are awful in game. Will spawn out of nowhere behind you, shoot you for slightly bumping a car, etc..

Just thought I'd wait until that's sorted so I get a nicely rounded game for my first proper experience with it.
Ah, yes the police was like that when I played it I think :lol:

dinostar77

I completed the game back in july on ps5. Didnt experience any wierd police glitches.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So far so good. It crashed at start up the first time and the benchmark ran at 7 FPS while my video card and processor are both newer than this game :lol:

Balljy

So far so good. It crashed at start up the first time and the benchmark ran at 7 FPS while my video card and processor are both newer than this game :lol:
Depending on the video card, you may want to turn Ray Tracing off. You will need around a 3070 or higher really for Ray Tracing. Also, turning on DLSS for NVidia Cards is a must for this game at higher detail settings to get a good frame rate.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Depending on the video card, you may want to turn Ray Tracing off. You will need around a 3070 or higher really for Ray Tracing. Also, turning on DLSS for NVidia Cards is a must for this game at higher detail settings to get a good frame rate.
I'll feck around with it a bit.

dinostar77

Is that out soon? Same as Solius I want to enjoy this at a very good level and will wait until they fix most of it.
There was a big patch released in sep and one in nov 1.6 and 1.6.1 respectively (links below).

I dont know when songbird dlc will come out. However seeing as the are overhauling the police and vehicle combat. That to me would suggest bundling it in, with the dlc. Thats just my opinion.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/45280/edgerunners-update-patch-1-6-list-of-changes

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/46420/patch-1-61-list-of-changes

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
There was a big patch released in sep and one in nov 1.6 and 1.6.1 respectively (links below).

I dont know when songbird dlc will come out. However seeing as the are overhauling the police and vehicle combat. That to me would suggest bundling it in, with the dlc. Thats just my opinion.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/45280/edgerunners-update-patch-1-6-list-of-changes

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/46420/patch-1-61-list-of-changes
Thanks for this Dino, hmm once im done with Ragnarok then ill consider this.

AaronRedDevil

Played it on the ps5 and had very little bugs. I just ignore the police issue. Its crap and there nothing that can be done. But the rest of the game is unbelievable. Side missions are really damn good too. A huge change from where I crashed 7 times on the weekend of release.

dinostar77

Played it on the ps5 and had very little bugs. I just ignore the police issue. Its crap and there nothing that can be done. But the rest of the game is unbelievable. Side missions are really damn good too. A huge change from where I crashed 7 times on the weekend of release.
Patch 1.6 added some more side missions btw.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It can look amazing on PC dependent on your hardware, so it's worth a play for an hour. Have you checked any guides like this?

Cyberpunk Optimized Settings [Updated 1.5] : cyberpunkgame (reddit.com)
According to all requirement sources my hardware should easily be able to run it (I even have the RTX the settings menu recommends). I don't really feel like reading a guide to get decent performance and since I dont care that much for graphics, Im fine with playing it on ps5. It runs beautifully on there :)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Remember the engine is still pretty shit, so on PC the settings aren't doing what they are supposed to. When you change things (especially the cascading shadows), it's best to restart the game to make sure they actually take before benchmarking again.

Kaos

Remember the engine is still pretty shit, so on PC the settings aren't doing what they are supposed to. When you change things (especially the cascading shadows), it's best to restart the game to make sure they actually take before benchmarking again.
They're building the next one on Unreal 5 are they not?

amolbhatia50k

It's wonderful. I'm 35 hours into my second playthrough. One thing - try and pick a specific build and go with that when it comes to perqs and attributes.

Smores

Finally bought this in the sale. Was a bit concerned with the first hour or so seeming very much like an early PS4 game but loving it now its developed.

Had 2 bugs occur with first 5 hours gameplay so not great but a reset is so quick who really cares.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's wonderful. I'm 35 hours into my second playthrough. One thing - try and pick a specific build and go with that when it comes to perqs and attributes.
I just finished the big heist in act 1. Started slow, but loving it now. Havent noticed any bugs at all so far. Maybe some weird NPC behaviour but meh.

amolbhatia50k

I just finished the big heist in act 1. Started slow, but loving it now. Havent noticed any bugs at all so far. Maybe some weird NPC behaviour but meh.
Yup. Gosh I love the Hiest. But do take it slow. I want a bit too fast with the main quests.