Daglish Predictably Gets A Three Year Contract

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool fans who think they will win the league next season are in for a big, big shock. Any sane football fan can see that, with that squad (plus one or two realistic additions) is unlikely to even challenge for the title. They'll come 5th or 6th next year.
Who apart from you said anything about winning the league next season?

mufcwarm92

So if you beat everyone below you and don't beat the top four teams, you're a bunch of bottlers. If you do the opposite, you're small time and game raising. How do you win in this world?
You win most of the games against the lesser sides and then do well enough against the top sides - I can see what you're getting at but it's not exactly rocket science.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
You win most of the games against the lesser sides and then do well enough against the top sides - I can see what you're getting at but it's not exactly rocket science.
Nope not rocket science but I didnt realise we'd performed quite well against the top four teams this year.

mufcwarm92

Who apart from you said anything about winning the league next season?
I never pointed to anyone on this forum but almost everyone over on RAWK seems to think they will and on the phone-ins, many people do too. Not exactly a great show of footballing knowledge but nonetheless, that's quite a weight of opinion.

Nope not rocket science but I didnt realise we'd performed quite well against the top four teams this year.
We beat Chelsea, City, Arsenal at home and drew away to City. That's 10 points from those fixtures. Compare that to Chelsea (9), Arsenal (10) and City (5) and we haven't done badly at all against the top 4.

alastair

ignorant
What?

If you're referring to Arsenal, you bottle it against the likes of Newcastle and Stoke too. Not just the top sides.
Has anyone ever just lost a game because they're worse than their opposition? I mean, Arsenal go a goal down to Barcelona at the Emirates and everyone's posting :lol:s and saying how we're bottling it. Then we turn it round and you look stupid.

We didn't bottle it against Stoke, we were just awful. Just like you didn't bottle it against Wolves, you were just terrible on the day. Simples.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Has anyone ever just lost a game because they're worse than their opposition? I mean, Arsenal go a goal down to Barcelona at the Emirates and everyone's posting :lol:s and saying how we're bottling it. Then we turn it round and you look stupid.

We didn't bottle it against Stoke, we were just awful. Just like you didn't bottle it against Wolves, you were just terrible on the day. Simples.
You badly bottled it against Newcastle though. That was funny.

You're obsessed by this. Just accept you're massive bottlers.

Even your own players have admitted mental weaknesses in the side.

If that doesn't rubber stamp what we're saying, I don't know what does.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
I never pointed to anyone on this forum but almost everyone over on RAWK seems to think they will and on the phone-ins, many people do too. Not exactly a great show of footballing knowledge but nonetheless, that's quite a weight of opinion.

We beat Chelsea, City, Arsenal at home and drew away to City. That's 10 points from those fixtures. Compare that to Chelsea (9), Arsenal (10) and City (5) and we haven't done badly at all against the top 4.
Yeah and your squad has allowed you beat most of the sides outside the top four. United has had strength in depth for some time now. Still amazed how you hold onto lads like Park and JOS and they come in and do a great job most of the time. RAWK much like the Cafe has a number of loud shouters who will always scream for attention. It's commonplace to big up your own but there are most who will have fairly level headed views. Kenny has done well and fair play to him but the club needs rebuilding and I dont think anyone would argue with this. To get a top 4 finish and return to the champions league would be great as the revenue is needed for us to become serious challengers.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
You finished a pathetic 5th in the league that year, which probably backs it up more than anything actually!

And it's probably more like the last 20 years.
Yeah it is more like the last twenty years but we also won the Champions League that year and you have to beat some dross to get there so you can concede us 2005.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Top five mini-league -
1 Liverpool 14pts,
2 Man Utd 13,
3 Arsenal 12,
4 Chelsea 9,
5 Man City 8.
We've actually taken more points off the top 4 than the bottom four this season which is ridiculous.

On the one hand, it's encouraging. It shows there is still quality in the team when it can be harnessed. And it is at any rate a preferable situation since it takes points away from your potential rivals.

On the other hand, there have to be questions asked about attitude. A lot of those poor results came under Hodgson but we lost to Blackpool, west ham and fulham under Kenny as well and in less than impressive fashion. Since Pressure seems to be the buzzword, I do in fact think this plays into it. The players have known they don't have top spots to play for this season and haven't approached the games with the proper mentality. Imo, it's the manager;s job to instil this for every game and hopefully Dalglish will manage to break them of this habit.

Another part of it is probably also lacking a few top notch players whose bottom level of performance is still good enough to take home the points on days where you aren't really at the races.

MG

Yeah it is more like the last twenty years but we also won the Champions League that year and you have to beat some dross to get there so you can concede us 2005.
Not really... you were still 5th in the league, well over 30 points behind the leaders that year, so yes it's still valid.