View full 2014-15 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Sheldon69

Off topic but I was watching the deer hunter yesterday and Daley blind is the spits of john savage !

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
He has become an absolutely integral part of our midfield and it would seem he's one of the very first names on the sheet. There was talk of Carrick replacing him when he returned to fitness, but I don't see it myself. Not as long as Blind plays like this. He's our engine, really.

Winrar

The way I see it, Blind is basically our version of Busquets/Lahm. Not on ability, but in terms of how important he is to us in the midfield.

Before we brought him over we had so much trouble linking defense to attack with Fletcher not doing his job; as soon as we replaced him with Blind in midfield we were much more cohesive in attack and communication between defense and offense improved due to him always being on position to receive passes.

m1y2

let me guess, you are British?
I agree with him, I started to rate Blind but he is not and never will be world class unless he massively improves which I don't expect as he looks like not a player of high potential from what I've seen.. He came at the last days of transfer window for no reason.. I feel that Pearson have much higher potential and its a shame that reece james didn't get his chance in midfield as I think he wouldn't do much worse... anyway Blind turned out to be a good player for us which is good to see but someone bigger who can impose more more in the game is pretty much needed. We always look very fragile at the back with him as def. midfielder, he is a good passer and when we have ball he is brilliant player to have but when we face the counter attack he is the slowest player in the universe, he could race mertesacker and it would be a draw.. and he lacks any strenght. He reads game pretty well but thats not enough he is often late in tackles and recieves early yellow. We definitely need a better midfielder. I mean he profites from the fact that he played under van Gaal who can make some players look better imo as he gives them certain instructions.. Fellaini and Valencia are decent players even Young. I believe if we have someone like Vidal/strootman or that hogher class/quality player we will dominate even more. Blind good squad player for me, no more than that

NinjaFletch

I agree with him, I started to rate Blind but he is not and never will be world class unless he massively improves which I don't expect as he looks like not a player of high potential from what I've seen.. He came at the last days of transfer window for no reason.. I feel that Pearson have much higher potential and its a shame that reece james didn't get his chance in midfield as I think he wouldn't do much worse... anyway Blind turned out to be a good player for us which is good to see but someone bigger who can impose more more in the game is pretty much needed. We always look very fragile at the back with him as def. midfielder, he is a good passer and when we have ball he is brilliant player to have but when we face the counter attack he is the slowest player in the universe, he could race mertesacker and it would be a draw.. and he lacks any strenght. He reads game pretty well but thats not enough he is often late in tackles and recieves early yellow. We definitely need a better midfielder. I mean he profites from the fact that he played under van Gaal who can make some players look better imo as he gives them certain instructions.. Fellaini and Valencia are decent players even Young. I believe if we have someone like Vidal/strootman or that hogher class/quality player we will dominate even more. Blind good squad player for me, no more than that
If you compare us with Blind to us without Blind the difference is night and day.

m1y2

If you compare us with Blind to us without Blind the difference is night and day.
The most important player so far was Herrera imo, more important than dimaria, only had one bad game after rushed back from injury. Blind is always good when he has got good players around him same with Carras obviously if he doesn hit top top form like he did last fergie's season.. Blind is good player and hes got his place in the starting XI just because he palys good and because he hasnt got any competition - true fact.. Fletcher, Pereira, pearson and 34 old carrick comes the closest in contention for the place

NinjaFletch

The most important player so far was Herrera imo, more important than dimaria, only had one bad game after rushed back from injury. Blind is always good when he has got good players around him same with Carras obviously if he doesn hit top top form like he did last fergie's season.. Blind is good player and hes got his place in the starting XI just because he palys good and because he hasnt got any competition - true fact.. Fletcher, Pereira, pearson and 34 old carrick comes the closest in contention for the place
Except we look better defensively when Herrara doesn't play.

m1y2

Except we look better defensively when Herrara doesn't play.
he has his one or two mistakes per match when he sets opposition to counter attack apart chelsea match when he did it 3 or four times in the first half but again he was rushed back from injury and fellaini took his chance.. Blind is little more cautious but makes this odd mistake per match also. Herrera is apart that brilliant footballer who is everywhere, look at his stats. I believe he had in one match something like 90% accuracy passing 8 successful fecking tackles which is what carrick does in three matches, 3 interceptions one or two blocks and some clearance, scored one and had assist... his defensive duties are well underated he is everywhere and wins the ball a lot puts pressure on defenders but doesnt look as calm on the ball as Blind apart that debatable fact I would consider him certainly a better player

LR7

He got criticised a bit on MNF by Gary Neville for playing too many square, safe passes. I think it's a bit harsh. He can't be expected to do everything on his own. He's basically closing the opposition down, winning the ball back, making key tackles and interceptions starting attacks off and allowing the attackers to play. I can probably accept if he's not playing the risky final passes as well but I think we need Herrera next to him because he offers that and he doesn't shirk his defensive responsibility either.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Reckon that's more to do with us using only 1 striker and 2 wingers who help out defensively instead of the full backs being isolated.
Yeah and it results in the other CMs staying more central to help out blind. With the diamond, Di Maria and Ander were practically playing as LM/RMs at times leaving Blind in the middle on his own.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah and it results in the other CMs staying more central to help out blind. With the diamond, Di Maria and Ander were practically playing as LM/RMs at times leaving Blind in the middle on his own.
Yeah. The diamonds great going forwards and in possession, but the full backs get caught out at times especially against big teams so I can see the risk in playing it in big games. In a 4-3-3 with wingers we can use Di maria centrally to get the best out of him, but then we force Rooney wide or have to play Valencia or young, none of which is ideal.

izec

He got criticised a bit on MNF by Gary Neville for playing too many square, safe passes. I think it's a bit harsh. He can't be expected to do everything on his own. He's basically closing the opposition down, winning the ball back, making key tackles and interceptions starting attacks off and allowing the attackers to play. I can probably accept if he's not playing the risky final passes as well but I think we need Herrera next to him because he offers that and he doesn't shirk his defensive responsibility either.
:lol:

Water Melon

he has his one or two mistakes per match when he sets opposition to counter attack apart chelsea match when he did it 3 or four times in the first half but again he was rushed back from injury and fellaini took his chance.. Blind is little more cautious but makes this odd mistake per match also. Herrera is apart that brilliant footballer who is everywhere, look at his stats. I believe he had in one match something like 90% accuracy passing 8 successful fecking tackles which is what carrick does in three matches, 3 interceptions one or two blocks and some clearance, scored one and had assist... his defensive duties are well underated he is everywhere and wins the ball a lot puts pressure on defenders but doesnt look as calm on the ball as Blind apart that debatable fact I would consider him certainly a better player
Both Herrera and Blind have proved themselves to be very successful acquisitions, however, Ander is more important for the team than Blind is imo.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
He's got a particular skillset, if he would be playing with Modric for example, he would connect brilliantly and make him a better player. A bit like Busquets with Xavi and Iniesta. Whereas someone like Cleverly seemed to really negatively influence some basic midfield patterns.

Although not fast, Blind was a really reliable and intelligent left back for Ajax by the way, also against big teams in the Champions League, and for the Dutch team during the qualifiers. In some matches I would prefer playing him there ahead of Rojo, if Shaw is not fit.

However, he's not even close to Carrick on form. Might take a couple of years for him to reach that level too, and he might never reach it. He's still young though, plenty of time. Pretty satisfied with his performances up until now, but if he would play like this for Everton or Schalke 04, not many people would rate or notice him.

Van Gaal played with Danny Blind at Sparta and then Blind was his captain at Ajax. They've known each other very well and obviously Daley played for Holland in Brazil. Van Gaal knew exactly how good he was and was just a phone call away from signing him. Still took him up until the end of the market to sign him, says it all really. Van Gaal was looking for a better player and he was right, we still need that extra quality in midfield. However unlike Cleverly, or a post illness Fletcher, Blind is good option to have in our squad.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I quite like Blind. The fact is, he has managed to hold his own with and - to a fairly large extent - nullify two midfields involving players like Toure, Fabregas, Matic and Oscar. All whilst playing beside Marouane Fellaini, too. His resilence to deal with the league's physicality is ever growing, you can see it in his newer found confidence in attacking aerial balls. He intercepts play well, and does every that Carrick was doing at his best, albeit currently at a lower level. That said, one thing he possesses that Carrick never had is his intent to pass the ball forward and play under pressure. The major criticism Carrick will always have from me is that, despite being the cool composed man in our midfield for years, he often went crab-mode when it got real tough in big games. It does seem like it's a bit of a Dutch thing, I don't know. We barely produce players in the mould of Carrick or Blind.

It is a shame he is pretty slow. If he had a lick more pace, he could have the conventions neccessary to be one of the best holding midfielders around.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
He's a good player don't get me wrong but bloody heck, he's so overrated on here its actually hilarious, people are comparing him to Busquets, Lahm now :lol: He doesn't even get to play in his "Proper" position for Holland and that's by the last 2 national team managers.

The thing that annoys me is the fact that people were bashing Cleverley for doing the exact same things Blind does, I mean wdf? Sideways passing, tidy simple passing, keeping the play ticking these are things Cleverley was getting destroyed for doing yet Blind gets praised for it, have I missed something? Cleverley and our other midfielders got a lot of slack for not doing any hollywood passes or throughballs or even tackling, I haven't yet seen Blind do that either and from the matches I've watched he's hardly shown anything worth drooling over.

I'm not for 1 second suggesting Blind isn't good enough, I think he's a good player who can cover a variety of roles, I also think he's a fine addition to the squad, I just don't get all this premature hype.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The thing that annoys me is the fact that people were bashing Cleverley for doing the exact same things Blind does, I mean wdf? Sideways passing, tidy simple passing, keeping the play ticking these are things Cleverley was getting destroyed for doing yet Blind gets praised for it, have I missed something? Cleverley and our other midfielders got a lot of slack for not doing any hollywood passes or throughballs or even tackling, I haven't yet seen Blind do that either and from the matches I've watched he's hardly shown anything worth drooling over.
He plays with far more composure and forward passes than Cleverley has for years now. But yes, it's true, his tackling average is pretty low, but he averages 3 interceptions a game - that's almost double say, Matic and Fernandinho (both average 1.7, I believe). A select few are going overboard, but I think it's more appreciating the role he plays.

Sam

Cleverley got slack for constantly shying away from wanting the ball, taking any responsibility, and shitting his pants every time he received a pass under any vague amount of pressure.

Basically everything that Blind has shown he isn't.

m1y2

He's got a particular skillset, if he would be playing with Modric for example, he would connect brilliantly and make him a better player. A bit like Busquets with Xavi and Iniesta. Whereas someone like Cleverly seemed to really negatively influence some basic midfield patterns.

Although not fast, Blind was a really reliable and intelligent left back for Ajax by the way, also against big teams in the Champions League, and for the Dutch team during the qualifiers. In some matches I would prefer playing him there ahead of Rojo, if Shaw is not fit.

However, he's not even close to Carrick on form. Might take a couple of years for him to reach that level too, and he might never reach it. He's still young though, plenty of time. Pretty satisfied with his performances up until now, but if he would play like this for Everton or Schalke 04, not many people would rate or notice him.

Van Gaal played with Danny Blind at Sparta and then Blind was his captain at Ajax. They've known each other very well and obviously Daley played for Holland in Brazil. Van Gaal knew exactly how good he was and was just a phone call away from signing him. Still took him up until the end of the market to sign him, says it all really. Van Gaal was looking for a better player and he was right, we still need that extra quality in midfield. However unlike Cleverly, or a post illness Fletcher, Blind is good option to have in our squad.
I quite agree however I think he is not far from carrick rather very close as carrick is 34 after disaster season (not that others weren't on par with him last year) and he will get overrun if he plays that deep role against bigger teams. Blind has more stamina and mobility IMO, but still cant match him simply because his passing is not as crisp or direct. With this I just wanted to say that we really lack world class midfielder in this holding or defensive position STILL YEARS because carrick in top form one of the best in league in his years was maybe close but never reached top class. Blind is not answer either he stopped the gap for some time but he needs to work on a lot of things to be considered at least at level of carrick.

And calling Blind versatile player is the biggest shite ever stated, sorry mate but you are not alone, he is completely out of place to run down the wing even his performances at WC were extremely overrated because he had blinder in first match. Players dribbled past him dozen times and he has his pass but not quite quick feet to beat a player and get to the cross, also doesn't have any muscles to compensate these weaknesses. If anything he is on par with Janmaat who is lower table player at most. Look how awfull netherlands are with hidding playing him there. His position is CDM and he cant play there not as LB not as CM. Its like playing Rooney at RB, yes he would do his job but it would be harsh to paly him there as he is three times player at other positions and we have got players better than him there. although rooney how I don't like him I think this comparison is not exact as he is one of the players who could play anywhere on the pitch - extremely versatile, anyway he has also preferred position in which he is much better, currently looks like its the tip of the diamond.

We can only hope that Blind will live up the expectations some optimists here have about him..

but we desperately need one midfielder of world quality Blind is not that..

Tarrou

He's a good player don't get me wrong but bloody heck, he's so overrated on here its actually hilarious, people are comparing him to Busquets, Lahm and Modric now :lol: He doesn't even get to play in his "Proper" position for Holland and that's by the last 2 national team managers.

I'm not for 1 second suggesting Blind isn't good enough, I think he's a good player who can cover a variety of roles, I also think he's a fine addition to the squad, I just don't get all this premature hype.
He offers far more to our midfield and team than Cleverley ever has. He moves the ball quickly and his passing is excellent, it's not just sideways passing either is it? He's always looking to move things forward but sometimes simple passes to keep possession are required.

Surely you can see that he's far better than Cleverley, right?

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Gary Neville once again should feck off.

Edit: May be Not. And I think this is the video where he talks about Blind, but It's actually about RvP than him. Blind is a refreshing change from What we have in midfield these past years(with the exception of Carrick). Earlier in the season It was great to see him and Herrera inter changing their positions, and both of them making themselves available for a pass.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
If Blind plays the risky passes Neville would like to see, he'll give the ball away a fair bit and with a suspect defense that'll bring trouble.

jeff_goldblum

It's another showing of this archaic British attitude that midfielders should be constantly making big passes, running box-to-box and scoring goals or they're not doing their job right. It's the same thing that leads people to put Gerrard as a centre-midfielder in their Premier League XIs when his two best seasons came as a right midfielder and playing behind the striker and also the same thing that led to Carrick being left out of the England setup despite being the best midfielder in the country prior to the last Euros. In short its why the national team is a mess.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I am not sure why people are so defensive about some players, no one is suggesting that he has played badly at all but there is nothing wrong in expecting more from a player