Dallas Cup 2012

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Seems that there is currently a tornado warning holding things up, now you don't get that at Alty!

Not sure if will effect United's next game yet.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
MUTV were taking the piss out of the US commentary on these matches on The Paddy Crerand Show - Paddy and Stewart taking notes about talking about the playing the game "...inside the 18..." and other things :p

Looks a good tournament though from what they showed, a change of scene but decent venues.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We won 6-0 today and need the other game to be a draw to finish top and go through, great effort from our boys today though who knew we needed to win big to have a chance.

Scorers (not sure who got the 6th) ;

Hope x 1
Forrester x 3
Barkley x 1

Apparently though if we get a wildcard we would be likely to face you.

EDIT : Cortiba won so we need a wildcard. According to that twitter link the best player so far in the tournament has been Barkley and United the best team.

SkeppyRed

United play Tigres at 2.30am uk time.

Streams are (apparently) available for anyone who's up at that time and fancies watching.

Not sure if we need a win to go through or not.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
MUTV were taking the piss out of the US commentary on these matches on The Paddy Crerand Show - Paddy and Stewart taking notes about talking about the playing the game "...inside the 18..." and other things :p

Looks a good tournament though from what they showed, a change of scene but decent venues.
It didnt look like they were taking the piss to me, they seemed to enjoy it, I thought it was awful. Theres something unnatural about an american commentating on "sawker" for me

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
If you win or draw it's a United - Everton semi final :drool:

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Any reason I can't watch it from the US? The Livestreem feed says "The Channel Owner has prevented viewing from this location."

Drainy

30 minutes in United take the lead through Larnell Cole. Good goal too, great build up play down the left, Will Keane with clever feet a decent cross from the overlapping runner (didnt catch who) and a full volley finish from Cole.

mo0

Starting XI:

Johnstone, Veseli, Fryers, Thorpe, M. Keane, Tunnicliffe, W. Keane, Lingard, Giverin, Cole, Ekangamene

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I figured, but I don't know who might be showing it to own the US rights.

NM

Cnuts!! I thought I could watch it. Time to search the internet..

Drainy

commentators keep saying it was Tunnicliffe with the assist. Wasn't sure if it was him or Giverin (from the stream quality)

jb8521

commentators keep saying it was Tunnicliffe with the assist. Wasn't sure if it was him or Giverin (from the stream quality)
It was Giverin after nice approach play by Keane and Lingard

mo0

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-An...es-v-manchester-united-dallas-cup-report.aspx

1-0 final. Everton it is on Friday.

Larnell Cole's solitary strike was enough to book Manchester United's place in the Dallas Cup semi-finals as Tigres were unable to recover from the first-half winner.

Cole, who has been missing domestically of late due to injury, blasted home an excellent volley with half an hour gone following a cross by Luke Giverin from the left. After a cautious opening, Warren Joyce's team exploded into life with a slick move of real quality with Will Keane and Jesse Lingard heavily involved. Giverin racked up another assist when his deep cross invited Cole to show off his wonderful technique with an exquisite first-time finish.

Will Keane, who shrugged off a knock, came close to doubling the lead on a number of occasions and was unlucky not to increase his run of scoring in every game in the tournament. Indeed, one effort in the final seconds looked destined to find the net, only to curl off target.

Mexican outfit Tigres were last year's finalists and proved predictably tough rivals but the Reds' passing game ensured a degree of control over the proceedings and Sam Johnstone was able to keep a second clean sheet in the competition.

Everton, the Reserves' last opponents in the league before the flight out to the States, now stand in the way of a place in the final. The last-four clash with the Toffees takes place on Good Friday and Ross Barkley is likely to be a threat after earning some rave reviews for his work in Texas.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Cole's goal in GIF Form

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Sexy goal. Might have to stay awake for the final.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great goal, lovely build up there and the finish from larnell cole was superb!

Glad to see the lads are keeping the flag flying high even abroad

jb8521

I thought Cole and Will Keane looked a level above everyone else on the pitch last night Cole played some really clever stuff and Keane looked like a senior player playing underage some of his touches were fantastic and he took a few balls out of the air with a Berbatov like touch

SkeppyRed

Highlights of the full game are still on that link for anyone who's interested. From the bits I saw we played some nice football.

Half time interview with Dave Bushell, the academy welfare officer at United is on there also. Mentions Larnell Cole has been at the club since the age of six.

NM

Does anyone know of any streams other than the official one? I'm in the US, and can't watch it.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Wow - didn't realise it was on training pitches! Must feel like Carrington!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Does anyone know if there will be a full game video that i can watch tomorrow of tonights game?

NM

Thank you for posting the goals Drainy.

manux399

Just back from the game, pretty straightforward win for Utd our defence was rarely threatened up until the final 15 mins. The Brazilians we face in the final are in the rooms next to our boys in the Crowne Plaza so they're sure to be extra noisy tomorrow PM..!