Dallas Cup

Brightonian

Just needs to get a bit stronger as he gets pushed to the ground too much and too easily at times like against Arsenal and Yesterday's game. His stamina seems to have improved quickly a lot and now needs to work on his strength too.
Yeah that's true. It tends to show more when as a team we're struggling to get the ball on the ground and play, like yesterday for example. With a bit of strength work, he'll be better able to protect his space and bring the ball under control when it's bouncing around a bit.

Cevno

Btw, Kashiwa thrashed Club America 5-1 in the groups other match.

Our game against them on 27th will be the group decider.

Kinda weird that it won't be streamed possibly, as the other game which is between the bottom 2 teams is in the main stadium and on KickTV.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
There is none. Only the ones who are aired on KickTv will be available on youtube.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Just read a report. Well pleased for the lad! Was refreshing watching yesterday a no nonsense game with none of the bullshit.

(Ok a tiny bit of bullshit) Pearson looks a talent as well. Hope he can progress.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
:lol: please tell me they're not actually doing what it looks like they are.

Drainy

Anyone who thinks running off the ball isn't important should watch Wilson...he is excellent at it...not only pulling defenders out of position and creating space...but change of movement to allow pass....excellent!
Yeah, he is brilliant at stretching defences and creating space for others with his movement. The timing of his runs in behind the defence is probably up there with anyone I've seen at this level.

Brightonian

Yeah, he is brilliant at stretching defences and creating space for others with his movement. The timing of his runs in behind the defence is probably up there with anyone I've seen at this level.
I still think there's something quite Owen*-like about him. Fast, clever runner, ice-cold finisher...

*The younger, pre-injury Owen, obviously.

Drainy

I still think there's something quite Owen*-like about him. Fast, clever runner, ice-cold finisher...

Maybe, I still get the sense that there is more to his game than being just an out and out striker/finisher though, his passing just needs to tighten up a bit.

I'd like to see him play a few games as a second striker with Sam Bryne (an actual centre forward, rather than Barmby who doesn't have the natural movement to play the role well) up front some time, see how he does in a more creative role.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He's played plenty on the wings for both us and England. He first caught my eye playing wide left as an under age player in the Victory Shield, took the piss out of his marker that night. He's much more than a poacher.

Drainy

True. Like I said, I'd like to see him get a few games as a deeper player and I'm sure he would have done by now if strikers weren't in short supply at that level :lol:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Right so I believe we're playing Reysol today at 2pm local time.

Am I right to say that it would be around 7ish for us here?

mufcwarm92

This is certainly the comparison that sprang to mind on the few times I've seen him play. Great pace, a natural finisher and clever movement off the ball.

Cevno

Adam Marshall ‏@AdamSMarshall 3h

@dallascup hi guys - is United's game with Kashiwa Reysol being streamed tonight please?
Expand

Dr Pepper Dallas Cup Dr Pepper Dallas Cup ‏@dallascup 2h

@AdamSMarshall Unfortunately no. remaining live stream events will be through @KickTV #DC34

:(

Cevno

The group decider is being played on some random Pee in the bush ground, while the bottom 2 teams are playing in the main stadium and on KickTv.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Not surprised. He deserves a rest. Any idea where you'll be getting the updates from Mr. MUJAC?

Cevno

Those are interesting changes. Taken the lone striker off for a midfielder.

Kashiwa are a young team too like United. Have been pretty impressive so far.

Cevno

They dominated the possession first half apparently.