Dallas Cup

Cevno

Januzaj played close to full 90 at West Brom, then was kicked about by Arsenal for a full 90 on wednesday, then travelled to USA, then played full 90 on Sunday and is playing again on Monday.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Another nice run by Januzaj, the boy just oozes class and confidence. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him get his PL debut by the end of the season with some form of cameo.

Genius Me!

Barmbys shooting has been really off today.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
The coaches are constantly telling Barmby what to do :lol: "MAKE A RUN JACK!" "JACK GET BACK!" "COME ON BARMBY GET BACK INTO POSITION"

Penalty to us. Januzaj to take.

Genius Me!

Calm and collected there, although not sure it looked the best penalty at first glance.

Genius Me!

Yeah, weird as he was very good with his shooting last season.
Yeah I was thinking that, when I first started watching academy football last year he was on a run of like 10 goals in 12 games. He just doesn't seem as good this season.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Texans defended well up until the 70 odd minute mark. Tiredness then get kicked in and we've been way way on top since.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Anyone who thinks running off the ball isn't important should watch Wilson...he is excellent at it...not only pulling defenders out of position and creating space...but change of movement to allow pass....excellent!

Genius Me!

Looked like the keeper went early, so he just put it slightly to the other side at a comfortable height
Fair enough, they didn't even bother to show us a replay.

Genius Me!

Even Tyler can't strike the ball that great from the free kick, no one seems to have their shooting boots on today. Must be tiredness.

Brightonian

I love it when Januzaj and Daehli get close to one another. It always ends up being embarrassing for the opposition.

Genius Me!

Lovely ball I think by Januzaj there, shame we couldn't end the match with a bang

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
One thing that I really like about Daehli is that he admits it when he makes an error. Personally, that's rare in someone of that age because no one really likes to show or emphasize the fact they've made an error. Daehli acknowledges that he loses the ball and apologies to the team when the ball is won back/goes out of plan.

FT. Good game. Januzaj, Daehli and James were my top 3 of that game. Rothwell looked good when coming on, as well as Grimshaw and Wilson.

Cevno

I love it when Januzaj and Daehli get close to one another. It always ends up being embarrassing for the opposition.
Yep.:lol:

Daehli. :drool:

Januzaj. :drool:

Wilson. :drool:

James and Rothwell did well too in the time i saw.

Brightonian

FT. Good game. Januzaj, Daehli and James were my top 3 of that game. Rothwell looked good when coming on, as well as Grimshaw and Wilson.
Yep, I think Rothwell made a big difference actually. Lots of good technical players on, but there was too much tunnel-vision going on - running up blind alleys or spending five minutes passing it around in the same ten yard area. He got us using the full size of the pitch, and that brought the Texans' tiredness into play much more.

Slightly frustrating to see Daehli underused. He came into it more at the end there, but still doesn't suit being trapped against the touchline, for me. Also about three times in the last ten minutes he made a great run, absolutely screaming for it, and the man on the ball just didn't see the opening.

Good signs today, anyway.

EDogen

Januzaj with the ball is really special to watch. A LOT of that in the final minutes. Also impressed by James again. Daehli good and looking mature. Good team performance!

Cevno

Januzaj with the ball is really special to watch. A LOT of that in the final minutes. Also impressed by James again. Daehli good and looking mature. Good team performance!
Just needs to get a bit stronger as he gets pushed to the ground too much and too easily at times like against Arsenal and Yesterday's game. His stamina seems to have improved quickly a lot and now needs to work on his strength too.