Dalot vs Wan-Bissaka

Well...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zumbi

Both were about equal last season.
Agreed, but the consensus seems to be that Dalot is better on the ball and AWB is better defensively. That's what I mean by one's ability with the ball is overrated and the other is underrated. In reality there's not much between them on that front.

Dominos

I was asking for Dalot to come back in but after today I've changed my mind again. I'm sure I'll change my mind yet again when I see AWB play.

Truthfully neither of them are it. Dalot's got a very generous reputation as an attacking full back as he doesn't do anything in attack, and he's just a bit better in playing out from the back than AWB. AWB will always be one of our weakest technical players. AWB far better dealing with wingers running at him, Dalot better in the air and defending the back post from crosses I'd say.

estel_manutd

If Dalot doesn't get back to his first-half of the season form from last season, we should try Lindelof at RB and have him tuck in alongside Casemiro.

Zoo

Dalot is living off 3 or 4 months pre-World Cup. Wan Bissaka is clear for me

ManRed

Both are not good enough. Its just choosing the best of the average on the day.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I have a preference for Dalot but I'd probably start the season with AWB. But really across the season it should mostly be about whoever happens to be showing more form at any given time.

It's not an argument worth being overly invested in as we'll likely have a new first choice RB this time next year anyway and look better for it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Lets face it; they are interchangeable and mistakes from X will bring Y into the fray, and then mistakes from Y will give X his turn. And so the dance will go.

Unless one shows growth over the other, they'll be locked in that eternal battle until we upgrade on both in one fell swoop.

Cantonagotmehere

Lets face it; they are interchangeable and mistakes from X will bring Y into the fray, and then mistakes from Y will give X his turn. And so the dance will go.

Unless one shows growth over the other, they'll be locked in that eternal battle until we upgrade on both in one fell swoop.
Agree, at least they push each other. I think Dalot will kick on and out perform AWB, but I have nothing to back that up!

noodlehair

"It's like..."
If one of the assets you want from your fullback is inexplicably passing the opposition through on goal then its Dalot.

If you prefer more traditional attributes, such as not passing the opposition through on goal, then probably Bissaka.

Polar

Truthfully neither of them are it. Dalot's got a very generous reputation as an attacking full back as he doesn't do anything in attack,
You forget his fantastic stepover…. NOT:lol:

My vote goes to AWB.

Faetheshire86

I'm shocked that it's looking like Dalot will start against Wolves. AWB is a limited player, but he consistently performs at the top end of his range. Dalot might have a higher ceiling, he might be able to do more of what EtH wants, but I feel like he performs below the average of what he is capable of.

If he doesn't start, I feel like he can be added to the Fred, McTominay, Maguire, list of "not fit for purpose" and should probably look to move him on while his stock is reasonably high.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm shocked that it's looking like Dalot will start against Wolves. AWB is a limited player, but he consistently performs at the top end of his range. Dalot might have a higher ceiling, he might be able to do more of what EtH wants, but I feel like he performs below the average of what he is capable of.

If he doesn't start, I feel like he can be added to the Fred, McTominay, Maguire, list of "not fit for purpose" and should probably look to move him on while his stock is reasonably high.
Where is it looking like he is starting vs Wolves?

Abraxas

Anyone's guess at this point. Very different players but both are similar in that they can't seem to ever put beyond doubt the suspicion that they're not quite good enough. They have too many poor runs of form in amongst the good.

The only positive with these two is at least we have options depending on the opposition.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
It’s a shame their dna can’t be mixed and a player grown from the results. Might just have a decent right back.

van Nistelrooy

Dalot playing the game against Lens at Old Trafford suggested he would be the starting right-back. AWB playing in Dublin the day later with the back-up players seemed to confirm it.

Personally, I'd choose AWB ahead of Dalot.... until Pavard comes in (hopefully).

George The Best

Dalot playing the game against Lens at Old Trafford suggested he would be the starting right-back. AWB playing in Dublin the day later with the back-up players seemed to confirm it.

Personally, I'd choose AWB ahead of Dalot.... until Pavard comes in (hopefully).
AWB is far better than Dalot, imo. Pavard is not coming to be RB, he is Maguire’s replacement.

van Nistelrooy

AWB is far better than Dalot, imo. Pavard is not coming to be RB, he is Maguire’s replacement.
He may not be, but he's very experienced playing at right-back and is far better than AWB or Dalot.

I'm sure he would rather start on the right, even if it's not his favoured position, than be on the bench.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I really want to know the outcome of this for my FPL team!!

Who will start against Wolves, do we think?

I found it strange how ETH gave the impression all the way through pre-season that AWB was the first choice... right up until the final pair of games.

Could it've been a move to keep him motivated, keep him on his toes?

Or has he decided maybe Dalot is better against weaker teams (ie. Wolves).

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Impressive combination for the third Copenhagen goal. Truly, we are blessed.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Blessed to have these two playing for our club. Especially Dalot. Where would we be without him? Probably top 4 in the league but who cares.

Based Adnan

Some backpass that. At least Dalot has the excuse of being overplayed in the last few months.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Look at 4th goal. Awb was closer to the ball which was going out but he decided not to run. Opposition player tried and got the ball.
Lazy fecker

Oranges038

I'll always maintain it shouldn't be either of them.

They're both useless.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Look at 4th goal. Awb was closer to the ball which was going out but he decided not to run. Opposition player tried and got the ball.
Lazy fecker
I was averting my eyes at that point, but I'll happily take anyone's word for it when they say either of these players were at fault for any given goal. Even ones in completely unrelated games.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Both aren’t at the required level. But I do think Awb has performed decently over the last 6-8 months. Dalot just keeps defending like a train wreck and should have been sold.

Fooza

Having individual threads on players is kind of useless on here. If we ever win a title in the future (whenever that'll be) no one in this team will be in that title winning team, and I'll always keep that opinion so I'll never bother discussing player performances.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Unbelievable really, you would think his awareness/sense of danger being 1 goal up and with so little time left, will be on all-time high. Nope, not for our Diogo.

Ace of Spades

In this game, think AWB was worse. He is just lazy and at times clueless positionally. He also does things instinctually, when it comes to slowing the game down and playing simple passes, he just makes the most awful mistakes.

Walters_19_MuFc

How does being out for 2 months cause you to balloon a backpass to the goalkeeper?
Similarly, how is overplaying an excuse to switch off in such an important game? It's really not and Wan-Bissaka has done more going forward and defensively since coming back than Dalot has arguably done all season.