Dan Gore | 2023/24 Performances | Port Vale (loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's harsh on Iqbal, he looked head and shoulders above as the best player on the pitch against a pretty much full strength Liverpool in pre season. Lord knows why ETH kept him around and blocked him playing for Iraq etc if he had no plans to use him. Wasted a year of his development.
Iqbal is good, but his decision making was not good, and too weak. Good enough to keep around and try to develop. Erik sent him to a team he has connections with and we have a buyback clause for him. He is not off the radar.

That's harsh on Iqbal, he looked head and shoulders above as the best player on the pitch against a pretty much full strength Liverpool in pre season. Lord knows why ETH kept him around and blocked him playing for Iraq etc if he had no plans to use him. Wasted a year of his development.
I’m talking mainly about youth level, Iqbal did play well in preseason, I just didn’t rate him particularly highly in general.

I’m talking mainly about youth level, Iqbal did play well in preseason, I just didn’t rate him particularly highly in general.

I know what you mean, but weirdly Iqbal has looked more comfortable playing senior football than youth football. :lol:

It is fascinating how no one can ever predict how a player will handle the move to senior football.

I know what you mean, but weirdly Iqbal has looked more comfortable playing senior football than youth football. :lol:

It is fascinating how no one can ever predict how a player will handle the move to senior football.
Agreed, I actually said a few months ago that he surprised me by how well he did in those limited appearances :lol:

Well McTom wasn't exactly highly rated at reserve level yet has established himself as a decent PL player. Outside of Rashford, I don't think any of the players he was playing alongside established themselves at this level.

Send to Sunderland (or Boro/Ipswich with our old boy connections and a similarly (broadly) possession-centred style) for a season...

Was unlucky with the red card. Thought he was our best player up until that point.
Yeah, he was unlucky. And, yeah, I'd say either him or Hannibal were our best player at that stage - and definitely Hannibal by the end.

Watching him at youth levels, Gore has always been one to make the odd rash tackle in midfield. He's always felt similar to Hannibal to me: both good all round box to box CM's with a mix of technical attributes, energy and a fiery, competitive side to their game.

So when I saw the tackle first time, I was a little worried that he'd gone in hard and it could be a red. But, on the replay, that was a disservice to him as that really shouldn't have been a red card.

Harsh red card. From replay his feet were not off the ground and he did touched the ball too. Yellow card at best. Dont see why the referee need to bring out a red on that for a friendly game, literally spoiling half of the remaining game. There were many supporters already not happy paying the high price for a youth match and the referee spoilt that further by making it a more one-sided boredfest.

Send to Sunderland (or Boro/Ipswich with our old boy connections and a similarly (broadly) possession-centred style) for a season...

Champo feels like it might be tough for him deep in central midfield at 19 considering his size, my complete guess is that it'll be league one or abroad.

Champo feels like it might be tough for him deep in central midfield at 19 considering his size, my complete guess is that it'll be league one or abroad.
I've whinged about some of the waifs that have been produced in the United academy over the years (Levitt, Garner and Gomes for example were complete lightweights when they first emerged) but I think Gore has handled himself well and isn't afraid to get stuck in. Haven't really noticed his physicality being a barrier for him and a spell in the championship would put hairs on his chest.

Yeah, he was unlucky. And, yeah, I'd say either him or Hannibal were our best player at that stage - and definitely Hannibal by the end.

Watching him at youth levels, Gore has always been one to make the odd rash tackle in midfield. He's always felt similar to Hannibal to me: both good all round box to box CM's with a mix of technical attributes, energy and a fiery, competitive side to their game.

So when I saw the tackle first time, I was a little worried that he'd gone in hard and it could be a red. But, on the replay, that was a disservice to him as that really shouldn't have been a red card.
Scholes tackles!

Duno why people make comments on his size, you do not need to be 6ft and 90kg to play in the middle. Players that will make it need to know how to use your body weight, hold your balance and play football with your brain. I guess those that comment on size would never have Gavi in the prem?

I've not seen much of Gore at all, but this kid has a future in football. He needs a loan next season, he looks ready for the Championship.

Solid display. Calm in tight scenarios, also made some progressive passes.

Definitely can slot in if needed, doesn't seem fazed at senior level so far. Feels like he needs to show more of his ball carrying which was impressive at U18s level. His versatility in different midfield roles might be served as his advantage on breaking through our midfield pecking order.

I’m glad that he has managed to show some of his abilities this pre season. He is in a similar position to Fernandez in that he could develop this season into at least a squad player but will 30 games be more beneficial to him right now?

It’s interesting also that both him and Mainoo have been trialled in the Casimero role rather than number 8/10. Maybe an indication of a change stylistically in the future?

I’m glad that he has managed to show some of his abilities this pre season. He is in a similar position to Fernandez in that he could develop this season into at least a squad player but will 30 games be more beneficial to him right now?

It’s interesting also that both him and Mainoo have been trialled in the Casimero role rather than number 8/10. Maybe an indication of a change stylistically in the future?

Both Case and Erikssen are 31 whilst Mainoo and Gore are both 18. I think we are looking to potentially develop them to fill in the corresponding roles.

At 18 I think another season playing U23 football is fine enough. It's not like he's fully established at that leven even.

At 18 I think another season playing U23 football is fine enough. It's not like he's fully established at that leven even.

Agree, he can get the Mainoo treatment of last season

Both Case and Erikssen are 31 whilst Mainoo and Gore are both 18. I think we are looking to potentially develop them to fill in the corresponding roles.

I totally agree and think I’ve mentioned it before too. They fit the physical and technical profile and both have bite to their game. Played well together through age groups as well. Always like group promotions too, can help ease the transition.

Definitely can slot in if needed, doesn't seem fazed at senior level so far. Feels like he needs to show more of his ball carrying which was impressive at U18s level. His versatility in different midfield roles might be served as his advantage on breaking through our midfield pecking order.

He showed that a few times in his first couple of pre-season appearances and it was very promising. Not so much in the Bilbao game.

I like the look of him. Could turn out to be a young Joe Allen Swansea type of player.

He showed that a few times in his first couple of pre-season appearances and it was very promising. Not so much in the Bilbao game.

I like the look of him. Could turn out to be a young Joe Allen Swansea type of player.
Ahh the Welsh Xavi?

Status
Not open for further replies.