Dan Gore | 2023/24 Performances | Port Vale (loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like how he treasures the ball and possession in general, it will be a shame to send him out on loan somewhere where the ball will fly over his head constantly. Hope he stays within our system.

He is amongst I’d say 3 to 4 who could have an impact on games for us this season from our youngsters. Him and Mainoo were mentioned together and I think they are of similar ilk. Both good on the ball, have a bit of fight, but most importantly show composure and generally make the right decisions.

For his development though a loan might be best as I would want him getting 20 plus games this coming season at a decent level. Some kids just need experience as the tools are there.

He was very good last week against Leeds too. A dark horse from this year youngsters maybe?

He might not be as highly rated as Mainoo but he's in the next tier. Wouldn't call him a dark horse at all.

The praises remind me of Iqbal last pre-season unfortunately. He made an impact but he is nowhere near to get any playing time with the first team this season.

Good young player. Great attitude and work ethic, effectively pressing and winning the ball as well as having the ability to run with or pass the ball. Showed some good determination and balance to hold onto the ball when opposition players were trying to use their size advantage against him. Yes he should put on a bit of weight to help with that, but he mostly did a decent job holding off challenges

The praises remind me of Iqbal last pre-season unfortunately. He made an impact but he is nowhere near to get any playing time with the first team this season.
Gore's miles better than Iqbal. Iqbal really was nothing special.

Just covering myself but I’m not judging Gore from one performance. I’ve watched his progress over 2 years now and the traits he exhibited today, he has been since he came here.

As for comparisons to other youth players, we can only give them a chance and see how they respond. Be interesting to see if he goes to the US. I’d like to see him alongside first team players and against grown men. His style of play will definitely help the side if he can make the leap and progress.

Like Mainoo this kids defo got something about him, stood out from the rest today. I’d like to see him get some game time on the tour alongside more of the senior players and see how he gets on.

Every time I watch him he's effective. Never flashy or eye catching, but pretty efficient.
Yep.

I've seen him a lot in the U18's and U21's and that's a good description of him - not brilliant at anything, but a good solid all round midfielder who can make decent contributions on and off the ball.

I like him as a decent box to box #8. Contributes good defensively, but not really a #6. He's quite decent on the ball, but not really a big playmaker / creator or scorer as an attacking midfielder. However gets about midfield well and has a pretty solid all round game as a box to box midfielder.

I’d have him after Schmeichel and Van der Sar. Great servant but a tad less quality than the former two. Hope he finds a happy new home.

Honestly looks mediocre, like every other midfielder who’s naively billed the next big thing after a few decent passes in preseason.

The continuing decline of United’s academy is alarming - Levitt and Garner were on another level, as were Goss, Barlow and Rothwell before them, and none of them became anywhere near good enough either.

Poaching prospects from City late in their development like the Fletcher twins in probably the best policy now.

Would like to see more of him in the US,presumably he will be going with the academy guys to play Wrexham on 26 July

Didn't do much against Leeds to my eyes, but that 2nd half against Lyon was about as impressive a pre-season midfield performance from a young player as I can remember. His dribbling in tight spaces, fantastic cross for an assist and sprinting to create turnovers on the press were lovely to see.

I wonder how many are going to say that he needs to go on loan :boring:

Honestly looks mediocre, like every other midfielder who’s naively billed the next big thing after a few decent passes in preseason.

The continuing decline of United’s academy is alarming - Levitt and Garner were on another level, as were Goss, Barlow and Rothwell before them, and none of them became anywhere near good enough either.

Poaching prospects from City late in their development like the Fletcher twins in probably the best policy now.

Hmm we had Garnacho break into the main team last year, before that was Greenwood and then Rashford. I really don't know if any other academy had been producing first team attacking players consistently.

He actually doesn't need bulking up at all because of his low centre of gravity. He won plenty physical duels quite easily, which was surprising.

Refreshing to see one of our youngsters than can compete physically

Hes surprise impressed me the most out of the two games so far. Hope he gets more pre season chances / games / minutes

he put in the cross for the goal as well, right? That was really good.

Hes surprise impressed me the most out of the two games so far. Hope he gets more pre season chances / games / minutes

he put in the cross for the goal as well, right? That was really good.
I agree, and it’s the fact that he’s still only 18 which gives me more optimism for his future. It’s become a cliche that many of the ‘youth’ players who people pin hopes on are already 22/23 and should already have broken through if they were ever going to do it. Gore already looks like he could be better than Fred in a number of ways, better close control for example. Once he bulks up a bit he could be quite the player at 21.

I enjoyed his performance, good player. Needs to stew for a few more years.

Gore's miles better than Iqbal. Iqbal really was nothing special.
That's harsh on Iqbal, he looked head and shoulders above as the best player on the pitch against a pretty much full strength Liverpool in pre season. Lord knows why ETH kept him around and blocked him playing for Iraq etc if he had no plans to use him. Wasted a year of his development.

He is amongst I’d say 3 to 4 who could have an impact on games for us this season from our youngsters. Him and Mainoo were mentioned together and I think they are of similar ilk. Both good on the ball, have a bit of fight, but most importantly show composure and generally make the right decisions.

For his development though a loan might be best as I would want him getting 20 plus games this coming season at a decent level. Some kids just need experience as the tools are there.
He needs to go out on loan, he won't get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.