5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Aye, I'm not saying his crossing is bad but it doesn't currently suit our strikers, so he could do with switching it up to something that does. Agree it would be better if we had a striker with the intelligence to get on the end of those but that is probably too much to ask.
You're killing me here. I simply don't want to believe that's true. I'm going to hold on to the goal Martial scored against Chelsea and believe a cheap Chicharito impression is not beyond the current crop of United strikers.

I don't know how any striker could look at James' crosses and not think 'I gotta get on the end of one of those.' They are taps in if you get on the end of one.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I was tearing my hair out at the fact not one of our forwards latched on the fact he was putting excellent, dangerous crosses right through the 6 yard box and no one scored a tap in. Unreal, Ruud RVP Rooney Chicarito even Ole would have scored at least one on Saturday.

Very exciting start by the boy.

Raw

A player like Aubameyang would have loved his crosses. We are so desperate for a truly top striker.

youngrell

You're killing me here. I simply don't want to believe that's true. I'm going to hold on to the goal Martial scored against Chelsea and believe a cheap Chicharito impression is not beyond the current crop of United strikers.

I don't know how any striker could look at James' crosses and not think 'I gotta get on the end of one of those.' They are taps in if you get on the end of one.
:lol: sorry mate. I guess I have finally fallen over to the dark side of being negative about everything as a coping mechanism. Those crosses were begging to be tapped in, and nobody better than Ole to do that, hopefully he can drill it into Rashford and Martial.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A player like Aubameyang would have loved his crosses. We are so desperate for a truly top striker.
Don't even need that level of quality mate: Jermain Defoe at 36 would've scored a hat-trick on Saturday off of those crosses.

:lol: sorry mate. I guess I have finally fallen over to the dark side of being negative about everything as a coping mechanism. Those crosses were begging to be tapped in, and nobody better than Ole to do that, hopefully he can drill it into Rashford and Martial.
Let us pray...

starman

A complete menace. Its hard to feel sorry for footballers, but anyone that puts in that amount of work, you cant help but feel sorry for them when they dont get what they deserve. His face at the end says it all...

Last edited:

Funky Futurista

A complete menace. Its hard to feel sorry for footballers, but anyone that puts in that amount of work, you cant help but feel sorry for them when they dont get what they deserve. His face at the end says it all...

The secpnd half showing he had drove me insane. He put so many balls into the box, and a lot of them were good as well. Driven, good height and not overhit. And our entire attack just stands in the box going like "hit me right on the forehead cause I can't move". If we get more movement in the box he's gonna get plenty of assists. Love the kid. Pure determination and just fecks everyone over with his pace. If he's gonna play more on the right he should get more support from our attackers and midfielders so he can use his pace more. We're still such a leftsided team.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona

I didn't know Rashford was so bad at headers

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very impressive start, also looked so much better as LW. 3 goals in 3+1 games, can't complain about his end product. Also created few chances and played good crosses.

Canagel

We already have a potentially top top striker in Martial and are we forgetting he scored a tap in from a cross in the first match? There's no desperation unless you think Rashford will start at 9 full time this season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tbf to him, he was fouled whenever he beat the players, so chances of him completing the dribble is low.
I guess it depends what they count as a dribble, but I remember in the Southampton game alone he made at least 3 dribbles passed an opponent. meh.

Alemar

I guess it depends what they count as a dribble, but I remember in the Southampton game alone he made at least 3 dribbles passed an opponent. meh.
When Pepe needs a dribble, James simply accelerates and runs past the defender. Running very quickly past someone is not a dribble (although the outcome may be the same - beating a player).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What about when he rinsed Kante? Does that not count as a dribble?
I guess that wasn't completed as he was hacked down, which makes the stat completely useless.

Using stats in football can be very difficult without a bigger picture.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What about when he rinsed Kante? Does that not count as a dribble?
No, he was fouled. So that's not a completed dribble. He won 11 fouls, wonder how many of them are when he already beat the defenders.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
No, he was fouled. So that's not a completed dribble. He won 11 fouls, wonder how many of them are when he already beat the defenders.
Yep... as an aside, that's how VVD got his "never has been dribble past this season" statistics... (as well as being a great defender)

King_Cantona07

When Pepe needs a dribble, James simply accelerates and runs past the defender. Running very quickly past someone is not a dribble (although the outcome may be the same - beating a player).
Agree he doesnt have to dribble at all, first few yards he easily gets past the defender just with speed, why need trickery or attempt to do fancy footwork when you are faster than others in simple run?

jem

I was tearing my hair out at the fact not one of our forwards latched on the fact he was putting excellent, dangerous crosses right through the 6 yard box and no one scored a tap in. Unreal, Ruud RVP Rooney Chicarito even Ole would have scored at least one on Saturday.

Very exciting start by the boy.
What do you mean by 'Even Ole'?

Vault Dweller

What do you mean by 'Even Ole'?
I don't think I worded it correctly. I mean even Ole as in 'right now, Ole the 46 year old current United manager, would have scored.' Didn't mean it as a slight at all, I just didn't word it correctly. Ole was a fecking deadly striker.

jem

I don't think I worded it correctly. I mean even Ole as in 'right now, Ole the 46 year old current United manager, would have scored.' Didn't mean it as a slight at all, I just didn't word it correctly. Ole was a fecking deadly striker.
Fair enough - I was just confused because you'd also mentioned other retired/older players (ex. RVN.)

Vault Dweller

Fair enough - I was just confused because you'd also mentioned other retired/older players (ex. RVN.)
Yeah, reading it back I fecked it up quite badly :lol: what I should have said was:

'I was tearing my hair out at the fact not one of our forwards latched on the fact he was putting excellent, dangerous crosses right through the 6 yard box and no one scored a tap in. Unreal, Ruud RVP Rooney Chicarito all would have benefitted from his crossing, even a 46 year old current United manager Ole would have scored at least one on Saturday.'

I blame being too annoyed by the performance :lol:

jem

Yeah, reading it back I fecked it up quite badly :lol: what I should have said was:

'I was tearing my hair out at the fact not one of our forwards latched on the fact he was putting excellent, dangerous crosses right through the 6 yard box and no one scored a tap in. Unreal, Ruud RVP Rooney Chicarito all would have benefitted from his crossing, even a 46 year old current United manager Ole would have scored at least one on Saturday.'

I blame being too annoyed by the performance :lol:
That’s what this version of United has done to us!

Bondi77

From what I have seen so far he has to be the shrewdest piece of business we have done in a long time and he will only get better.
I just wish that our forward players start to realise his strengths and get to that front post before their marker and work on their finishing and there is no reason why they should not as Rashford and Martial both have pace they just need to start thinking like poachers to up their goal tally.

Inter Yer Nan

He won our player of the month. After what he's gone through with his father passing, starting a big new club and his first taste of premier league football, that's a huge shot in the arm for the lad.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I didn't know Rashford was so bad at headers
Dude, he's infamous for it. People don't talk about it enough. It's Henry levels of bad, much worse actually. Henry didn't mess up such chances, even with his head.

romufc

Pleased for him in getting the Player of the month.

He has brought a breath of fresh air, he has got fans excited. If only the rest of the team got us excited.

Inter Yer Nan

Pleased for him in getting the Player of the month.

He has brought a breath of fresh air, he has got fans excited. If only the rest of the team got us excited.
I actually like all of the new signings. Great attitudes, good qualities and likable characters. Shame they are surrounded by deadwood that I'm sick of already.

ash_86

Brilliant player and exciting signing who deserved his POTM. I can't wait for us to get 3-4 more new players in that really really want to play for us. Ole and scouts have really done well with this one.

romufc

I actually like all of the new signings. Great attitudes, good qualities and likable characters. Shame they are surrounded by deadwood that I'm sick of already.
Yeah very good. I like the leadership qualities Maguire has shown recently in that he has told the team that they need to show more confidence on the ball and be brave.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
In his first 3 games for us his crossing was awful, against Southampton though, he certainly put more dangerous crosses into the box. I hope he can continue to be a threat in that sense, as I remember reading a Swansea FC forum before he signed for us and they also stated that his crossing was one of his biggest weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.