Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Leeds in advanced talks over permanent deal according to Di Marzio!

Bizarre that he was getting starts and even more bizarre considering we’re selling him.
Fantastic news.

Jaxa

Bizarre that he was getting starts and even more bizarre considering we’re selling him.
Happy days,

Lovely lad but absolutely nowhere near the quality required to be playing for United,

No point loaning him, if we can get 15m+ Bite there hands off

the_cliff

Happy days,

Lovely lad but absolutely nowhere near the quality required to be playing for United,

No point loaning him, if we can get 15m+ Bite there hands off
I don't think we'd sell him to Leeds for anything less than 20m to be honest. If this means we can get a Midfielder i'm happy with this, if not, I'd keep him or sell him to Leicester for 5m less.

Djemba-Djemba

He was always a bit of a necessary punt for us.

We were rebuilding with a new manager and had to spend big on defence at a time when no serious world class talents would be looking to join us over many other clubs, and still needed a wide player to play a squad role and if he kicked on it would have been great, if not he was a low price pick up.

Ultimately Ole's job was to turn us from a club that no world class talents would join and the squad hated each other into a functioning football club and then continue to improve the squad from a basis of a promising 'sporting project' (and a handful of cash obviously).

If its time to part then so be it, but we might lack for an attacker who puts a shift in and is looking to run in behind, unless Elanga is ready ready
Yeah I agree with this pretty much although I'd say that while James is good at making runs in behind, his end product was so poor it rarely ended up being much of a positive for us anyway.

We took a gamble on him and it's not paid off, but it's not a disaster or anything. I assume we'll be making our money back on him, maybe even a slight profit.

He's a nice lad that gives 100% every game and I hold no ill will towards him . He just isn't good enough for Utd.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Once he leaves, I am expecting all of those who have called everybody big, fat meanies for calling him a poor player and tactically breaking down all the great things he adds to our team to come out and express their disappointment. But they won’t. They were just talking for the sake of it.

CG1010

Hardly bizarre as we were short of fit players. Martial and Cavani who came on later weren't fit enough and Martial had stank up the place last game (atleast James runs!). Whereas Pogba had to be moved back to midfield due to short options there (if we don't count VDB).

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Good news. It's a shame if he does there though but he will do well under Bielsa at Leeds. He's clearly a big fan.

slored1

Good luck to him if/when he leaves. Unfortunately not good enough but was a worthy punt. If we get what we paid for him it would work well for both sides.

CG1010

Once he leaves, I am expecting all of those who have called everybody big, fat meanies for calling him a poor player and tactically breaking down all the great things he adds to our team to come out and express their disappointment. But they won’t. They were just talking for the sake of it.
Think he would be great for Leeds and some people here would have seller's remorse. But ultimately he is suited to them more than he is suited to us. A pacey player with limited footballing ability unfortunately.

laughtersassassin

Not really. We are about to have Rashford and Ronaldo. Amad is also staying and will be back in 6 weeks.

That's Sancho Greenwood Ronaldo Cavani Rashford Martial Amad and possibly Elanaga and Lingard for 3 spots in the team.

James is the odd one out in that equation as he doesn't have the potential of an Amad.

Hopefully this is being done to buy or loan a CM where our depth is terrible.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Two of James, Lingard and Martial have to go. I personally would keep Martial out of the three.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Two of James, Lingard and Martial have to go. I personally would keep Martial out of the three.
All three can go tbh. We’ll be tight for a month or two, but once Rashford and Amad are fit, we will be fine without any of them. Elanga is also still here to provide cover.

Djemba-Djemba

He's terrible against teams that stick 11 men behind the ball and at Leeds he won't really face that. He should have more space which should help him. His best games for utd have probably been away at City where he get space to attack.

Bit like Lingard at West Ham.

Rojofiam

I wouldn't be selling him, good to have him as an option for specific games and even though he'll never be good enough to be an important player for us, he's only 23 and always gave it his all. Will be effective for Leeds.

I expect us to make a ~5m profit on him. Good signing overall, even though people will disagree. Was always just a punt, had a very good start, and we're likely making a profit.

Cavani 21
Ronaldo 7

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
I had a soft spot for the dude, since he joined us straight after his dad passed away and he still came in like a house on fire. We've won a ton of matches with him including against City even when Bruno wasn't around. Hope he has a great Premier League career.

Mickson

"Ole knows more about football than you".

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's terrible against teams that stick 11 men behind the ball and at Leeds he won't really face that. He should have more space which should help him. His best games for utd have probably been away at City where he get space to attack.

Bit like Lingard at West Ham.
He’s terrible against both types of teams. Just in a different way. Of course, against a low block, he struggles to get past anyone with little space. But also against the likes of City, his poor ability and decision making is exposed. He has the speed to race away on the counter, but I have memories of him then fecking up these same counter attacks at the Etihad for instance. He may lead the breakaway, but the smart money is on him either not scoring, not releasing the pass at the right time, or releasing the pass but fecking it up. Or eventually just being pushed over by a stronger opponent of course.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
And so begins his second deadline day transfer to Leeds. Good luck Dan.

Djemba-Djemba

He’s terrible against both types of teams. Just in a different way. Of course, against a low block, he struggles to get past anyone with little space. But also against the likes of City, his poor ability and decision making is exposed. He has the speed to race away on the counter, but I have memories of him then fecking up these same counter attacks at the Etihad for instance. He may lead the breakaway, but the smart money is on him either not scoring, not releasing the pass at the right time, or releasing the pass but fecking it up. Or eventually just being pushed over by a stronger opponent of course.
I think he'll be more suited playing with more space but yeah I agree that his end product at Utd was absolutely woeful and I imagine he always will be a frustrating player if he's in your team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he tried his best but it’s clear he’s not a united player. Will always be thankful for the hard work he put in but this is for the best.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The Sam Curran of football. Good luck to him if he goes.

UnitedFire

Will be happy to see James go. Reminds me of Fellaini in the sense of being a player with limited function, but whose limited function seems too tempting to use despite the fact it overall makes us worse.

For a team like Leeds he will become a beast with all the extra space, much like Lingard. Man Utd managers need to get better at understanding that players who are good for other teams won't necessarily be good for us when constantly playing against a low block

Last edited:

Rossa

I kind of like him. He's hardworking and fast as feck - Rashford having him down as the fastest in the squad, but he's not really that good at using it. Although he has his uses, and I doubt he is the one I would shaft, I can understand why he is sold at this stage.

Ace of Spades

This was always going to happen eventually, the Ronaldo signing has just pushed this up by a season or two.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s been a good signing for us overall, but we’re trying to go up another notch now. I think Leeds would be a good move for him, I just hope if he and a couple of others go, the money is put toward a midfielder rather than just balancing the books.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I kind of like him. He's hardworking and fast as feck - Rashford having him down as the fastest in the squad, but he's not really that good at using it. Although he has his uses, and I doubt he is the one I would shaft, I can understand why he is sold at this stage.
He doesn't use his speed for anything other than pressing and running back after his marker.

Offensively I've never seen him skin somebody like you'd expect. He barely even got passed Marcel who isn't exactly an athletic wingback either.

His speed is seriously over rated.

The Hilton

It doesnt make sense to you, because you disagree. I thought Sancho had a bad game but he didnt look out of place. But Dan James didnt look like a PL footballer. Kinda the difference between Fred's performance last week, and Bebe's infamous performance in 2011 against Wolves.

No I said it was one of the worst performances I've ever seen. Which it was, imo. Deal with it.
Did you put your sunglasses on while writing that at the end?

You're entitled to your opinions, but they're nonsensical, as are your justifications for said opinions. It wasn't even the worst United performance on the day, what with Fred trying his best to set up a Wolves goal and Sancho completely anonymous.

keener

Glad for him. He gives 100% and has pace which can fit at certain levels however as our quality improves, James would find far less field time IMO. Greenwood's maturity and a healthy Rashford, Sancho and Ronaldo would likely squeeze him out all together. Hopefully he finds a nice spot somewhere and has a good career. I wish him well.

Cpt Negative

Will be happy to see James go. Reminds me of Fellaini in the sense of being a player with limited function, but whose limited function seems too tempting to use despite the fact it overall makes us worse.

For a team like Leeds he will become a beast with all the extra space, much like Lingard. Man Utd managers need to get better at understanding that players who are good for other teams won't necessarily be good for us when constantly playing against a low block
This is spot on. James is useful against teams that open up and that’s a handful of teams for us. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a lot more suited to Leeds.

Golden Nugget

He’ll do well and be given the chances to grow in a place where there’s less pressure.

It didn’t work well here, but I’ll always appreciate his effort and the way he continuously tried even when things weren’t working well.

Best of luck Dan

TheReligion

Abusive
Which United players would you shaft?

SAFMUTD

Nothing but respect for the lad, everytime he played he gave his all. Unfortunately it didn't worked out, he'll do better in Leeds their game suits them.

Status
Not open for further replies.