Daniel James | Leeds player

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Horrible footballer.
Bielsa might get the best out of him as a full-back, but can't believe he played for United

United in sin

Terrible player that stunk up the place more times than not. Leeds have made a mistake and we're laughing all the way to the bank. Great bit of business for a championship level player

Last edited:

Esquire

Confident he'll do very well there. I think he'll be a very feared winger in a season or two.
If that’s the case so be it and good for him. But on evidence of his 2 seasons here and current trajectory and the likely few minutes he was going get, it’s best that he moved on and us getting about 25m for him is good business. If only we can get rid of Jones and Lingard that easily.

Ace Krampus

I feel like four years ago this would've been a free transfer. Nice piece of business, should work out for everyone.

RUCK4444

What a thoroughly lovely bloke. I hope he performs amazingly and makes a lot of our ‘fans’ eat their words!

Totally agree.

Our ‘fans’ here have spoken disgracefully of him, I hope he proves them wrong and I’m confident he will have a decent PL career.

EdinburghDevil

Good luck to him.

Good deal for United and balances the squad a little. Should mean more minutes for Elanga and Amad as the season progresses too.

Red Royal

Unfortunate for him/us that he didn't kick on from his initial promise. I wish him the best as he plays for the Leeds scum.
Hope he does well. Plenty of heart, but he always looked like he was just out of his depth.

Thanks for the good times James, pretty sure he was on the better side of results vs City 2 or 3 times!

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Kudos to whoever negotiated this for United. I think the best sale we’ve ever made, pound for pound.

hobbers

To be honest I dont think he'll do well there and will probably end up forging his career in the championship, but I hope for his sake he proves me wrong and does enough for them to stay.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Ronaldo, Lukaku, Di Maria... and Dan James :lol:

Nice lad, quick and hard-working but very limited. Good luck to him at Leeds.
Yeah I never rated him much if I'm being honest. Gives Sancho a better run at the right hand side as well for you.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best of luck to him! He'll do well there. His pace is always a threat and he'll press like mad as he always does, and there will be a lot less pressure on him there. Also they'll play a good chunk on the counter which suits him far more.

Nothing but respect for the attitude he showed while at United. Wish him well.

Renegade

Is it not a violation moving between clubs? Or is that only if the player is good?

Robbie Boy

Best of luck to him.

There's a reason Bielsa wanted him so badly, and it's because he'll fit his system like a glove. He wasn't good enough to be here, but hopefully he can excel now without the pressures of playing for United. It's best for both parties that he's moved on.

TheMitz

I hope it works out for him, seems a decent lad who always gave his best.

I think he knew he wasn't good enough and it affected his confidence. Good luck to him.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Massively lacked end product, no real dribbling ability, no strength, even his pressing wasn't all that good, Bilesa will improve him though, and if he's got gametime from the left, he could be a decent rotational midtable player, I wouldn't bet on him to start all games, even at Leeds he will have to fight for his place but at least can get proper run of games.

Amazing deal for us BTW, The punt was always on the table and right time to sell, unlike with many other players who we kept for too long. Hopefully this will give us some budget to use in January for our CDM, and we somehow survive until then with what we have..

SungSam7

Is it not a violation moving between clubs? Or is that only if the player is good?
Well considering we bought one of their young gems in Alan Smith at the time, there hasnt been much reason to buy from them. Selling our un needed players isnt bad as long as they arent at the same standard as us.

Robbie Boy

Totally agree.

Our ‘fans’ here have spoken disgracefully of him, I hope he proves them wrong and I’m confident he will have a decent PL career.
Most just said he wasn't good enough, so no need for hyperbolic generalisations. I'm sure some got personal, but it's likely the same minority that do the same when it comes to Pogba etc.

Good luck to him. Not quite good enough for us but he never gave anything less than his best. His pace will be useful for Leeds and the way their opponents will play against them.

OleGunnar20

Seems a great lad fair play, I hope and think he will do great at Leeds. Perfectly suited to Bielsa's style.

He may have been limited technically but he never gave any less than 100%.

edgecutter

Best of luck to him. Lacked the talent to play at united, but you always felt he was always trying to do his best.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really hope he does well. Always seemed like a hardworking sincere guy who'd give his all every time. Seemed quite popular with the team as well

izec

Started at the weekend for us, now gone. That's life, think he looked a bit gutted in that interview, which is understandable. He knows that it was the right move, as he wouldnt play that much, but it needs time for him to get over it. Getting kicked out of United in a matter of days is not pleasant.

I think he will be a good fit for Leeds. More space and less pressure. He needs to start regulalrly and kick on though. He is a bit limited isolated and against deep blocks, but i think he could develop nicely for a midtable side.

Dempsey19

Will only be a matter of time before we are trailing a game in the second half and everyone one will be wishing we had Dan James to come on and stretch the defence :lol:

Dudu

That first goal was special and emotional. Unfortunate it didnt work out

Good luck to him! Hope he does well (even if it is Leeds)

Pickle85

Good luck to him. Not United standard but always worked his socks off and seemed a model pro. Hope he does well with them (but that they get relegated obvs)

Bestofthebest

Good luck to the lad. Cannot understand the vitriol on here from people who will still defend the likes of Fred and Martial. At least he was a worker and tried his best. Feel he got to the stage where he tried too hard at times and things didn’t come off for him. Hope he does well at Leeds.

dove

Not good enough for us but fair play to him, he knew it himself and just wants to play more regularly. Some other players we have would have refused to leave. Good luck to him.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
All the best to him. He never was good enough for us, sadly, but he gave it all in every game and seemed like a very likeable character overall.

A great move for all parties — we get some cash, James gets to play at the level he's more suited for under the guidance of a manager that wants him and has a great pedigree of elevating mid-tier players to another level.