Daniel James | Leeds player

Dash247

He looked quite sad in his sky sports interview.
I wish nothing but well to him.

I hope he does really well in that Leeds Team except for when playing against us.
He wasn't great, but his commitment was always 100 % on the pitch.
Ole seemed to have trusted him a lot too.

It's a good business for all the parties involved.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I think he’ll do well at Leeds. Be a nice change for him to get minutes in his preferred position anyway! Will probably end up as another one to add to the list of ex players to make us wonder what went wrong at United…
Exactly this. He'll be a great player on the left in that Leeds side. I hope we get a cut of any future sale.

SAFMUTD

What a thoroughly lovely bloke. I hope he performs amazingly and makes a lot of our ‘fans’ eat their words!

Good luck James, well always remember you for that 4 game spell you had when you just arrived.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Do people think that Ole played him vs Wolves as a bye bye performance?

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
I see some posters have reacted to my earlier post. Was not meant as anything personal or nasty (didn't think it came across that way)

I just genuinly find him a very poor footballer, and in my opinion it's very rare you see someone as out of his depth has he has appeared to be get as many minutes for a top team like he has for United.

On the other hand, I'm sure Bielsa can spot a player way better than I can. Still think he will end up being used as a limited all though maybe effective full-back though

Irwin99

Best of luck to him. Never quite happened for him here but I never disliked him; always seemed decent enough.

RetroStu

I just read a few pages on a Leeds forum and like 80% are commiting suicide, while the other 20% are saying he was amazing for us, Ole was desperate to keep him, and James just wanted to leave and go to them, basically they took one of our best players and nothing we could do to stop it. :D

Anyway fair play to the lad, hopefully he's good for them, just not against us.

CG1010

Good luck to him. With this and Lingard doing really well at West Ham last season, it's clear we throw 'championship level' too easily (well people have thrown that at Rashford so obviously!).

I suspect emergence of Elanga is the real reason we are letting him go. Maybe he can play James' role with a higher ceiling. And then Ronaldo coming (still can't believe) was the final nail in the coffin of James' United career .

::sonny::

As others have already mentioned he'll fit far better in the system Bielsa plays. Hopefully he has a good career.
Hopefully Bielsa will teach him how to pass, to dribble, to cross, to shoot, to score + the movement off the ball

ray24

Supports
Arsenal
Was always going to do badly because Ole is a shit coach at improving players. A player that needed more coaching before he's ready. It's a good thing he's getting a better coach with Bielsa.

RetroStu

That's honestly shocking.
We have always been shocking when it comes to getting good fees for our players, even for Ronaldo arguably.
I think its because we make so much money we just dont want the hastle of haggling with clubs.

Highfather_24

Shit player, so glad he is gone. Need to make more of these sales, even if for far less money.

RUCK4444

Most just said he wasn't good enough, so no need for hyperbolic generalisations. I'm sure some got personal, but it's likely the same minority that do the same when it comes to Pogba etc.
Well yeah, I was referring directly to those ones that got personal. People are more than entitled to think a player isn't good enough for us, some chose to jump on his back and call him useless and a championship player etc before he barely kicked a ball.

Robbie Boy

Well yeah, I was referring directly to those ones that got personal. People are more than entitled to think a player isn't good enough for us, some chose to jump on his back and call him useless and a championship player etc before he barely kicked a ball.
I think this type of thing should be directed at the small minority though. There's far too many hyperbolic generalisations being thrown around on here lately. Your wording certainly seemed to infer it was a wider issue on the forum.

Most of the negative nonsense is from a very, very small minority, who happen ho be very, very vocal.

Personally, I don't think James ever looked anywhere near good enough. Nevertheless, getting personal with players is weird.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Was always going to do badly because Ole is a shit coach at improving players. A player that needed more coaching before he's ready. It's a good thing he's getting a better coach with Bielsa.
:lol:

Kag

Good luck to him. I said it in another thread yesterday but it’s a win-win for all parties. James gets regular games, Leeds get a player who will suit them well and we make good money by selling a player who wasn’t good enough to play regularly here.

His debut goal and the reaction that ensued is one of my favourite ever United goals.

Trequarista10

Likeable guy but £30m is an excellent piece of business from us. We have better plays ahead of him and youngsters coming through who will/could likely surpass him before too long.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hope he forges a good career for himself, was obviously nowhere near good enough for United but gave it his all and we got a tidy bit of profit from him as a bonus.

pixel

I just read a few pages on a Leeds forum and like 80% are commiting suicide, while the other 20% are saying he was amazing for us, Ole was desperate to keep him, and James just wanted to leave and go to them, basically they took one of our best players and nothing we could do to stop it. :D

Anyway fair play to the lad, hopefully he's good for them, just not against us.
:lol::lol:

pixel

I think he’ll do well at Leeds. Be a nice change for him to get minutes in his preferred position anyway! Will probably end up as another one to add to the list of ex players to make us wonder what went wrong at United
Interesting. Can't think of many who didn't do well at United and then were significantly better elsewhere. I suppose you could say Lukaku and Di Maria. But they haven't really torn it up. Depay looks to be settling in at Barca but its still too early. Who are the others you are thinking of?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I wanted him sold, but I always thought he'd be decent for a lot of PL teams.

I want him to do well, but then again it's Leeds :(

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
It was about 25 million as I recall.
It was actually £17m up front with the rest in add ons taking it to £25m in total. It was the deal that elevated Real into a different league commercially. Brand Beckham was the first of its kind and in the end that transfer ended up helping one of our biggest rivals on the world stage.

ThinkTank@Cafe

From MOTforum:

Some interesting facts about James at
censored :

1. He played 52 games in the PL, Europa and CL, and had 18 goal contributions. This, at a club who always want their signings to be shiny, expensive new toys, who hit the ground running, which he did in his first season.

2. In his 52 appearances, they never got beat (i'm not including the Europa final last year against Villareal, when they lost on penalties - at which time James was not on the pitch, and didn't take a pen.)

3. OGS has stated that he didn't want James to leave, and that he was the best defensive forward that they have on the staff. He also stated that he was a pleasure to work with, and never rocked the boat even when he wasn't playing. A model professional.

4. With two more shiny new toys arriving in Sancho and Ronaldo (plus the emergence of Greenwood), it was unlikely that he would get little, if any, game time, beyond the early stages of the Cup competitions.

5. His fee (£25M not the £30M which probably includes add-ons, like appearances and us winning stuff) is commensurate with fees for similar British PL players who have had not had the international exposure that James had at the Euros and in WC qualifiers.

6. His form dropped after the death of his father - a big LUFC fan. The fact that a deal was done within a short time, over interest from Leicester, Palace and Everton plus others abroad, shows that he is keen to come.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Interesting. Can't think of many who didn't do well at United and then were significantly better elsewhere. I suppose you could say Lukaku and Di Maria. But they haven't really torn it up. Depay looks to be settling in at Barca but its still too early. Who are the others you are thinking of?
Lukaku, Di Maria and Depay are the players I was thinking of. Ashley Young seems to have done well too, after being widely accepted as completely useless on here before he left. Ditto Chris Smalling (even though he struggled in the CL against us, on his first game back after injury)

A better question might be, who have we sold that didn’t look better at his new club?