Daniel James / signs for Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Smalling

The right decision. Last year it made sense to have him around to make up the numbers, but with Ronaldo and Sancho coming in he has no place here. Would be better to give academy players with potential playing time in the cup games etc.

Best of luck to him, if he goes.

Devil may care

As I said yesterday he has a Peter Parker likability about him but a Permanent transfer to Leeds makes sense for all parties.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Good move, for some reason Leeds rates him very highly and tried to sign him 3 times now. We should let him go.
Can see why Bielsa would like him: very quick, high workrate, good stamina. All three attributes are highly regarded for his style. I think he can succeed there.

ShinjiNinja26

The best thing to do. Get back the money we paid for him and move on, James gets to play regular football and we shift a player from are massively bloated squad. Win win for all involved.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Can see why Bielsa would like him: very quick, high workrate, good stamina. All three attributes are highly regarded for his style. I think he can succeed there.
Yeah, will be interesting to see what he adds to their team as they have Raphinha, Harrison as their wide players and they play one game a week.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
What if we loan him instead? Cristiano/Edi are not going to play forever, maybe 2 years loan and then have him back when we reshuffle the whole front with Rashford/Greenwood/Sancho? I find James a useful winger when we need to stretch teams, break quickly, also has a good shot in him, 1 season isn't enough to put him off imho

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Camavinga needs no registering, is he since he's 18 years of age? Not that i think he's coming
Needs registering for UEFA, not for PL. UEFA use the same age cutoff, but you have to have been with club for two years to count as a U21 (List B).

dove

What if we loan him instead? Cristiano/Edi are not going to play forever, maybe 2 years loan and then have him back when we reshuffle the whole front with Rashford/Greenwood/Sancho? I find James a useful winger when we need to stretch teams, break quickly, also has a good shot in him, 1 season isn't enough to put him off imho
No he doesn't :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

He's been here 2 years, it's clear he's not good enough and he never will be.

talking robot

The big question is whether this is being used to pay for one more incoming transfer. If this helps bring in a DM better than what we've got, I'm all for it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He will be a really good signing for Leeds

peridigm

Apparently we need one more out and looks likely to be Lingard. But seem like Ole wants to keep him
Lingard or Martial would be fine. Don’t see either one leaving at this stage.

flappyjay

Never should have signed him. Not his fault.
We were right to sign him. He contributed to us finishing 3rd and was far more useful than Andreas and Lingard in that season. We had also spent 130m on AWB and Maguire, so we needed a cheap squad option for the wings.

flappyjay

There is Amad, pellestri, Elanga and Shoretire. In 2 years time they will be looking for significant minutes too.

Varane around town

Fingers crossed this move happens.

I think James could be a solid player for Leeds. He get coached by Biesla who'll teach him how to cross and how to stop running straight into the opposition. We get rid of a player who isn't good enough and we can slim down a bloated squad.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
No he doesn't :lol:
oh comon he had a few good ones didn't he? :lol:

There is Amad, pellestri, Elanga and Shoretire. In 2 years time they will be looking for significant minutes too.
I see your point, weird why we signed him in the first place, don't know what we were expecting from him tbh, did he fail to deliver/reach the potential he should have at this age? what exactly happened here...

Status
Not open for further replies.