Daniel James / signs for Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
(taken from @mazhar13)

So if he's off and Amad is going to Feyenoord, with Rashford missing until late October, it looks like Elanga will stay for depth. Pogba has that left side locked down and Sancho will rotate with Greenwood on the right (with the latter also getting games up front).

More importantly, if it's a transfer and not a loan, we may be creating space for a midfielder. Jesse and James could conceivably fetch 40m-ish for us, which is enough for Camavinga or Neves.

Again, if it's a transfer, we should definitely be looking for a sell-on clause cause he may just improve quite a bit in a setup that works for him.

MrSingh2002

Rather see big earners like Martial, Mata and Lingard go first.

James is a useful squad player. The other 3 could go tomorrow and it wouldn't affect us.

Tarrou

Good decision if true.

He could have a nice little PL career somewhere

If he stays here getting 500 minutes a season it will dwindle away like Lingard's did, as both are clearly not good enough to make it here

Teja

I hope it's not Leeds because he'll suit Bielsa's team very nicely. Don't really give a shit about the rest.

James is a useful squad player. The other 3 could go tomorrow and it wouldn't affect us.
Mata isn't on huge wages anymore + last year on deal. He's being groomed for ambassadorship after he retires, so he won't go anywhere.

Lingard we're just staring Westham down to see who budges first. Not a lot we can do beyond just using him as a rotation option this season and letting him go on a free next year.

Martial we're stuck with. We should ideally pay Bruno Martial's wages and get rid of Martial somehow but I don't see it happening.

Last edited:

Red_toad

Hope he moves for the sake of his career. Good lad with a good attitude and electric pace, seems some of our fans really hate him and it's difficult to work out why.

CM

Hopefully something in this. Nothing personal against him but we need better quality (which we have got now) and James is one of the few we've got who should have decent resale value.

Born2Lose

Unfortunately, you can't sell what no one will buy.

hobbers

We'd all rather get rid of Martial first but realistically James isn't getting a kick this season when everyone is fit. He should go and play football.

ghagua

Good news. Sell him off, loan is of no use. Get Lingard and Martial out if we can. I wonder if we can tempt Everton to take all 3.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
A little disappointing. I like James, a decent squad player to have even if he frustrates. He's only 23, I still think he can advance a level if he can just improve his decision-making.

I'd gladly get rid of Martial and Lingard before him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Preferably a one way trip, he does not need a loan.

Mata is literally just here for his expereience/presence in the dressing room and to play a few cup games, he'll probably transition into a coaching role either after this season or next. Don't love having him on big wages but he's obviously very well liked and nobody is going to buy him + we're not looking to sell him. Agreed that I'd like the other two gone though, neither of them have a future at the club.

Andrew7582

A little disappointing. I like James, a decent squad player to have even if he frustrates. He's only 23, I still think he can advance a level if he can just improve his decision-making.

I'd gladly get rid of Martial and Lingard before him.
Even if James improves his decision making he is a very one dimensional player, he's a kick and run player who is only of use against teams that give him acres of space to run into. Getting him and Lingard out the door and getting a dm in would be a fantastic end to the window.

Flytan

Need to get rid of someone but would rather Lingard or martial make way. Then again I assume that's why he can leave, other teams aren't against having him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Need to get rid of someone but would rather Lingard or martial make way. Then again I assume that's why he can leave, other teams aren't against having him.
Other teams will want him because he actually represents value. Paying 250k for Martial is just nuts or giving Lingard more than we did on his last deal. That’s why there’s no or very very few takers. Clubs can find the fees as we see with other clubs all the time. it’s just the players aren’t worth the wages they want.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
There are other players who should be sold before James. If true then good luck to him. Leeds would suit him perfectly.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Hoping he'd go to Leicester. He'd do well in that team I think.

KD6-3.7

Best move for everyone. I don’t hate Dan James but I hate Ole for playing him so much when it was clear as day he will never ever be good enough to be a squad player let alone starting as much as he did.

A move to someone like Leeds would be the best decision he could make in his career right now.

Dempsey19

Hopefully it's a straight up sale. We dont need deadwood just hanging around the club year after year.

InfiniteBoredom

My guess is Leeds. Bielsa seems to be a fan and his work rate would be appreciated there, almost went there before we hijacked the deal as well.

AneRu

Hopefully it's a straight up sale. We dont need deadwood just hanging around the club year after year.
Hopefully the Brighton links are legit and we are able to do a player plus cash deal for Bissouma.

Tarrou

My guess is Leeds. Bielsa seems to be a fan and his work rate would be appreciated there, almost went there before we hijacked the deal as well.
They have two good wingers already though?

Maybe Leeds want him for back-up, but will Dan want that at this stage in his career?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Hope he moves for the sake of his career. Good lad with a good attitude and electric pace, seems some of our fans really hate him and it's difficult to work out why.
Its embarrassing really. Not sure whether they can call themselves Manchester United supporters. Even our opposing fans are kinder to our own players than some of the United fans.

Supporters support.

Fishy

Who is Alan Nixon and why do people interpret information from the SUN as gospel?

RedDevilRoshi

Hopefully for the sake of his career, he does move on and good luck to him if he does. He’s not going to get regular game time here and he’s a good player for a mid-table/bottom of the table Premiership side or promotion chasing Championship side.

NoPace

Seems like a fine option for Everton if they're not going to buy Diaz and are going to play 4-4-2 with wingers

InfiniteBoredom

They have two good wingers already though?

Maybe Leeds want him for back-up, but will Dan want that at this stage in his career?
They were trying to sign Noa Lang from Club Brugge, a winger as well.

And for all the sticks James get here, he would be no worse than Raphinha playing week in week out with confidence. Being back up at Utd doesn’t mean he will end up the same at Leeds.

Wing Attack Plan R

James has been punching above his weight for some time now. Loved the delight on his face when he scored his first goal for us: total joy. If he leaves, I wish him the best wherever he turns up. Honest player, runs his balls off, heart on his sleeve. Good luck.

Mr Smith

I would imagine he's asked to go as he knows he won't play. Can't blame him really, he was going to struggle for games even before Ronaldo showed up. Probably a loan with option to buy.

arthurka

Don't get the hate, clearly not great but very useful. Will do nicely for many other teams in this league.

Bondi77

Its embarrassing really. Not sure whether they can call themselves Manchester United supporters. Even our opposing fans are kinder to our own players than some of the United fans.

Supporters support.
It is really sad how some of our so called fans treat our own players.
It is arguable that Jesse is worth more on the open market than Neves is anyway given what he did at West Ham and let us not forget his form was good enough to be a starter in our 2018 world Cup campaign.
These fans are like children that just want a shiny new toy and then demand another once it has lost its sparkle.

Dr. J

It frees up the 21 for Ronaldo to pull a van Persie, carrying United to their 21st title.

Sounds good to me!

sp_107

James to Leeds 20M
Jesse to WestHam 20M
Martial fot 40M or anyone who pays his wages as a loan fee (Everton/Inter/PSG)

That way we can save 20M per annum on wages itself and also we can generate 80M if we can sell all 3.
Then next year Mata/Matic/Cavani leaves which will free up another 25M per annum wage bill
Then Jones will remain, I dont know what to do with him

Status
Not open for further replies.