Danny Murphy - The Pundit

JagUTD

If nobody listened to TalkSport we wouldn't have to hear any of this :)
Gets some of us through the day when out on the road and don't fancy listening to music.

The majority of sports media is bordering on comedic nonsense these days anyway, all done to cause outrage from different fanbases which in turn generate revenue for the broadcaster or media team.

Luckily due to start times I'm more likely to have Paul Ross or H&J on when I'm actually in the truck.

JagUTD

The man is an absolute dickhead. When he’s clearly wrong and it’s brought up he rambles about contextually speaking I was correct for about 10 minutes until it’s time to move to a commercial break.
Jordan is ok tbh. Unlike Jim White and which ever ex pro they have on, or the breakfast show, he doesn't always toe the line. Nobody else dares to be controversial beyond calling obviously brilliant players rubbish and even though it's often just for the sake of it, Jordan will go against the general consensus of the rest of the people on the show (and station for that matter).

Plus he's one of the few people on any of the major broadcasters who even mentions the rancid owners of the current vogue club, Newcastle who seem to have done an even better job than City of whitewashing everything.

Don't get me wrong, he's definitely a dickhead. Some might even prefer the word bellend.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Yeah but if you listened to what I said, contextually speaking I was making the point that his is indeed a dickhead but you have these clowns online clipping what I said and using without full understanding , or wanting to understand, the point I was making. I cannot make myself any clearer, maybe I’ll write it with crayon next time.
you may like Jordan, that’s your prerogative. But what I always said is that he was a dickhead in this specific context and I can only judge from what I know at the time.

..and now traffic and travel with webuyanycar.com..
Not bad haha

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
What a moron. It's why talksport is the perfect format for these idiots. Zero accountability and just fill the airwaves with new shit takes to replace the old ones everyday.When they actually write/ghostwrite something it'll come back to haunt these buffoons.

Djemba-Djemba

Basically telling everyone the stupid cnut doesn't write his own articles.

What a moron, and think of the money he gets paid anyway.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I actually dont mind him to be honest. There’s a lot worse out there. Sutton, Agbonlahor and worst of all Michael Owen!

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

He lost all credibility when he said United should've gone for Southgate instead of Ten Hag. That comment aged like milk - just like most of the opinions broadcasted on Talksport.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I actually dont mind him to be honest. There’s a lot worse out there. Sutton, Agbonlahor and worst of all Michael Owen!
There’s nobody worse than Agbonlahor

Chairman Steve

That video cements my personal theory that pundit columns are ghost written :lol:

It ain’t the highly decorated ex-player. It’s fecking Greg the journalism graduate.

AFC NimbleThumb

Apparently the refs haven’t gotten much wrong today & he felt the need to give credit ‘where it’s due’ :lol:

An idiot.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I understand why broadcasters avoid having fans commentating on fixtures, although they don’t really anymore, but having commentators that are so biased against one team just shouldn’t happen. It’s so grim to listen to his bile.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I understand why broadcasters avoid having fans commentating on fixtures, although they don’t really anymore, but having commentators that are so biased against one team just shouldn’t happen. It’s so grim to listen to his bile.
It must be intentional. No-one can seriously think, hmm, Danny Murphy, scouser and lifelong Liverpool player commentating on United at Wembley. He’ll clearly have no historical bias

NewDawnFades

I think that visceral hatred for Danny Murphy might be the last remaining genuine emotional connection I have to United. It’s like being a kid again when he commentates, I actually care that we win.

edgecutter

He's just awful and with bbc needing to make cuts he's surely up there to be first out.

cyberman

Martial free in the middle..Bruno was right to take a shot there
Identical situation with Antony..that’s just bad decision making

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Dour, miserable, hates us. What does his voice contribute to the broadcast even if he doesn't happen to openly despise your team?

It's like if Mark Lawrenson had no sense of humour and made no attempt to hide his biases.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Yeah, he can't hide it. It's awkward.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Danny Murphy and Peter Schmeichel…

The pair of them are so fecking dull that if Bella Hadid invited them both over for a spitroast you know Murphy would turn up with a meat loaf in a Tesco carrier bag and Schmeichel with a fire extinguisher
‘To make sure the roast has added safety’.

LDUred

He looks and talks like a bald, scouse die-hard zombie. Always the same agenda with him.

Thankfully, I had the Spanish ESPN coverage, so didn't have to put up with him. And they did call out the Mitoma stuff, thankfully.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
When the commentator said that United's defence have done well considering they've not played this back four before

Danny Murphy "yeah, well, they're internationals"

What does that even mean?

Then he said that Bruno has been lazy, then the stat pops up that he's covered the most ground. Just wonderful.

He also talks about Weghorst being our best aerial threat, spoken like a man who has never watched him play before.

There so many other moments that were just bizarre. He is Lawro 2.0, he talks about football like he absolutely loathes it, and likely gets paid handsomely to know feck all about it.