Danny Murphy - The Pundit

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I quite like him as a pundit tbh.

On comms he's basically the second coming of Father Stone.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I quite like him as a pundit tbh.

On comms he's basically the second coming of Father Stone.
How? He's a fecking idiot that does no research and then says something without knowing the actual truth.

Mr. Robot

His comments on depression few years ago rubbed me up the wrong way. It was live on TalkSPORT too. Something like “you’ve just got to get up brush yourself down and get on with it” or something along those lines.

Yes, Danny. Why don’t the millions of people struggling with their mental health just “brush themselves down”?

You absolute lemon.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
His comments on depression few years ago rubbed me up the wrong way. It was live on TalkSPORT too. Something like “you’ve just got to get up brush yourself down and get on with it” or something along those lines.

Yes, Danny. Why don’t the millions of people struggling with their mental health just “brush themselves down”?

You absolute lemon.
He had a similar shtick this week regarding the homophobic comments by Smith in the boxing. That it’s part of the sport etc. He is an idiot.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not a massive fan of his deadpan matter of fact scouse view on things (yes he is a scouser) Problem with Talksport is there is too many bang average ex footballers on there who are on the pedestal of a considered expert

Posh Red

He had a similar shtick this week regarding the homophobic comments by Smith in the boxing. That it’s part of the sport etc. He is an idiot.
Since he started doing shows with Simon Jordan he’s started pretending to be some kind of hard man/impenetrable fortress mentality wise to impress him. It’s cringeworthy to listen to. It doesn’t help that he’s extremely negative on all things United, of course.

I find many Liverpool affiliated pundits to be extremely insecure, to be honest.

Counterfactual

You absolute lemon.
He must be one of the lucky ones not to have been in the shadow of depression or had loved ones suffer from it. I hope people set him straight on the seriousness of it.

Mr. Robot

Yeah completely agree, I don't know how he still gets air time on MOTD and Talksport?

Plus, he's got a head like an egg.

Hughie77

He tows the line with the BBC so far and he must be cheap. I can remember him on MOTD with Phill Neville, I think UTD beat Chelsea and it was a through ball pass from Ander Herrera, for I can't remember who scored, analysing it Phill called it a great pass, and Murphy said it wasn't so phill told him you wouldn't have been able to make it. Never seen Phill Neville on Motd after that , if he has not much. Guys a top class biased person along with Jenas .

poleglass red

made to look like a wee boy in that argument. I can't stand him, not because he's ex Liverpool, because he has no personality. I don't how people like him and Agbonlahor get this pundit jobs. They were average players with no presence on screen or radio, plus they talk nonsense. I definitely think talk sport encourage that though, as it gets people talking, hence they had Souness on board for a while. He's still dining out on the Casemiro is a "steady eddie", he mentioned it again in a newspaper article he wrote recently.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rivals Dixon and old style Lawro for giving the impression they don't take any enjoyment from football and it's merely a job for them.

Sylar

Talkshit, nonsense, wait for views (which I'm kinda giving) and thats it. Complete garbage. Average footballers like him, agbonlahor, O'Hara, pennant, jeez

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
On Talksport just now, accusing Ten Hag of 'whinging' about the tackle to Erikson and the martinez elbow. "Just get on with it" - according to Mr Murphy.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
On Talksport just now, accusing Ten Hag of 'whinging' about the tackle to Erikson and the martinez elbow. "Just get on with it" - according to Mr Murphy.
Good grief, STFU Murphy.

Honestly, the amount of utter crap he talks about us we must have absolutely ruined his childhood or something. He simply cannot be rational talking about us.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Completely missing the point that neither of the tackles were actually punished. ETH said these things happen at first, it’s accepted. But there has to be punishment for those types of tackles. It’s hardly going beyond the normal for a manager to cite these things is it.

Murphy is a tool.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If nobody listened to TalkSport we wouldn't have to hear any of this :)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Completely missing the point that neither of the tackles were actually punished. ETH said these things happen at first, it’s accepted. But there has to be punishment for those types of tackles. It’s hardly going beyond the normal for a manager to cite these things is it.

Murphy is a tool.
Somebody needs to remind him about the shenanigans in the Brighton game.

SambaBoy

If there's one manager you can't accuse of whinging about decision and refs then it's ETH. He's very anti-United Murphy.

Also he's clueless when he speaks. He's giving a comment on how good Sabitzer is but yet he knows very little about players playing in the PL. he called Rico Lewis Spanish on the talksport before. Didn't even say his name, just 'young Spanish kid who's done well for them'.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I think of all the gowls in sports punditry, Danny Murphy is definitely the worst. Certainly the most biased against United anyway.

ShinjiNinja26

Murphy’s a fecking moron. He’s got a nerve to tell anyone to “get on with it” when he literally whinges about anything and everything. Not to mention he’s constantly piping off serial moaner Klopp. This is the only reason TalkSport hire these feckwits, to rile people up with their terrible takes and push them into phoning up to set them straight which results in them paying for the privilege.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I just dont see the appeal of TalkSport. Everyone on there seems to spout absolute sh*te.

Revaulx

I just dont see the appeal of TalkSport. Everyone on there seems to spout absolute sh*te.
I used to quite enjoy it a decade or more ago; their coverage of the 2010 World Cup was refreshingly not too England-centric. Listening to Stan Collymore was a bit of a guilty pleasure :eek:

In recent years it’s got absolutely terrible. The “characters” have been replaced by people who manage to be both thick and dull.

romufc

I watched a video on youtube on Ben Fosters channel of Deeney talking about Talk Sport. He mentioned how talk sport push a topic on you and one pundit is good cop and the other is bad cop.

He actually went onto say he has too much self respect to go on that channel because its nothing but clickbait.

Very interesting to hear his thoughts on it.

mav_9me

I used to quite enjoy it a decade or more ago; their coverage of the 2010 World Cup was refreshingly not too England-centric. Listening to Stan Collymore was a bit of a guilty pleasure :eek:

In recent years it’s got absolutely terrible. The “characters” have been replaced by people who manage to be both thick and dull.
Doesn't make any sense the coverage they get.

mav_9me

I watched a video on youtube on Ben Fosters channel of Deeney talking about Talk Sport. He mentioned how talk sport push a topic on you and one pundit is good cop and the other is bad cop.

He actually went onto say he has too much self respect to go on that channel because its nothing but clickbait.

Very interesting to hear his thoughts on it.
That's petty obvious. Interesting to see so many players lacking any level of self respect and decency and going on there

poleglass red

Talk sport is a guilty pleasure, Simon Jordan showing that being ginger never held him back pursuing a media career

cyberman

Talk sport is a guilty pleasure, Simon Jordan showing that being ginger never held him back pursuing a media career
The man is an absolute dickhead. When he’s clearly wrong and it’s brought up he rambles about contextually speaking I was correct for about 10 minutes until it’s time to move to a commercial break.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't always agree with him, infact I hardly ever do, but I can't lie I find it refreshing how he's the total opposite of most pundits who just roll out unoriginal cliche after cliche.

galwayfa

Murphy shows us the hardest job being a pundit is getting the gig,

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The man is an absolute dickhead. When he’s clearly wrong and it’s brought up he rambles about contextually speaking I was correct for about 10 minutes until it’s time to move to a commercial break.
I hate myself for it but I enjoy listening to him.

cyberman

I hate myself for it but I enjoy listening to him.
Yeah but if you listened to what I said, contextually speaking I was making the point that his is indeed a dickhead but you have these clowns online clipping what I said and using without full understanding , or wanting to understand, the point I was making. I cannot make myself any clearer, maybe I’ll write it with crayon next time.
you may like Jordan, that’s your prerogative. But what I always said is that he was a dickhead in this specific context and I can only judge from what I know at the time.

..and now traffic and travel with webuyanycar.com..