Danny Rose | Rose: "I will play up North before I retire"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man-United

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don't see us doing any business with Spurs either. One could argue that we'd rather buy a center back and let Blind play left back until Shaw returns than buy an emergency replacement who won't see much game time later.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Bullshit. Will be easier to get blood form stone.

prath92

Firstly, he isnt a good full back. He works hard for them but would be bang average here. One of those players who look good because of the team. Secondly, why would he come here with Shaw here?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Firstly, he isnt a good full back. He works hard for them but would be bang average here. One of those players who look good because of the team. Secondly, why would he come here with Shaw here?
He was Sunderland's best player when he was on loan there. Not that I think he's great but he's certainly decent. Not good enough for us mind and surely we should be after a rb anyway.

m1y2

he isnt better than Clyne ie not better than Darmian ie not want.. Also he seems one of Poch's favourite players of even though he hasnt featured much lately..

dogwithabone

I'd have him and Walker. Two of the best full backs around. Walker would have thrived under a manager like Fergie, not so sure how he'd be with LVG though.

TwoSheds

I'd have him and Walker. Two of the best full backs around. Walker would have thrived under a manager like Fergie, not so sure how he'd be with LVG though.
Walker's brainless. The Gabby Agbonlahor of fullbacks.

dogwithabone

Walker's brainless. The Gabby Agbonlahor of fullbacks.

Well yes that's exactly why I said he'd have thrived under SAF. In my opinion he has a lot of natural talent that needs nurturing and a temperament and rashness that perhaps need harnessing and there'd have been none better than Fergie to do that.

m1y2

after a season like this, he deserve to be called poor man's Evra, kinda surprised me that Davis didnt get ahead of him in the pecking order but fair play to Rose

Bwuk

I think he's absolute dross. Good engine but that's it. Not impressed.

Zoo

Not worthy of any comparison to Paddy Evra.

mufcwarm92

A decent player having a good season. Baines was/maybe still is a better player and Shaw has the potential to be far, far better.

He'll go down as one of those really surprising names when you skim through PFA Teams of the Year.

TwoSheds

Still fairly young. Did well for Sunderland a couple of seasons back too. I'm impressed with him, definitely at a higher level than I thought he'd ever achieve.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's an alright fullback who will have some 'decent' seasons in him - sort of like Coleman at RB.

Bwuk

Unluckily for you, his fellow professionals disagree.
I couldn't care less.

John Terry voted for Smalling as right back of the year and he hasn't played there for us this season.

My opinion is Danny Rose is bang average and is the weak link in Spurs defence.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Why is it unlucky? He is entitled to have an opinion.
Of course he is. But the gulf between "absolute dross" and being voted the best LB in the Prem this season by his fellow professionals is far too wide to make his opinion of Rose anything more than laughable.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I couldn't care less.

John Terry voted for Smalling as right back of the year and he hasn't played there for us this season.

My opinion is Danny Rose is bang average and is the weak link in Spurs defence.
First he's "absolute dross", then he's merely "bang average". Which is it?

Glanville95

Guys don't you know, you can't say a bad word about anyone in any way associated with Spurs while Glaston is in the vicinity.

I do think he's a good player though. He was always very susceptible defensively, but has improved a lot in that regard under Pochettino's tutelage. Definitely think he's excelling above his ability as a part of Poch's philosophy though. Think Shaw will prove to be the comfortably superior player too.

Zoo

Of course he is. But the gulf between "absolute dross" and being voted the best LB in the Prem this season by his fellow professionals is far too wide to make his opinion of Rose anything more than laughable.
Fair enough.

m1y2

think your comments are dross, give credit where it's due, he's been decent this season and certainly improved under Pochettino, there is a reason he is part of by far the best defense in the premier league playing currently for the second best club in the country, he used to be defensively suspicious and he surely improved in that matter while not being excellent defender he has a good engine and aggressiveness in him which make decent player for Pochettino system.. he's sort of mix between our TFM and Evra in his late years with us..

m1y2

He's a decent Premier League quality FB, looked ok v Germany to be fair......

We don't need him as (1) we'll have Shaw back (2) I'd rather play CBJ in Shaw's absence and (3) I hope we never do a deal with Levy ever again.... He's a terwat.
I dont think he was ever considered as a transfer target, people just acknowledge he had a good season for Spurs..

Mike09

We have been playing Blind, Rojo, Darmian, Young as a left back for two years which are not proper good left back. To me Danny Rose's quality will be a decent signing for Luke Shaw's backup. However Rose is proven to be an injury prone and I don't see Levy is selling his players cheap which I don't think we need to spend a big money just for backup left back.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Don't rate him.
he isnt better than Clyne ie not better than Darmian ie not want.. Also he seems one of Poch's favourite players of even though he hasnt featured much lately..
1. Levy

2. He's fecking shite.
Surprised how little he is rated on here

Mind you, the reaction was similar when I suggested Alderweirald before Spurs signed him, so I'm starting to think there are just some really bad judges on here

Bwuk

Mind you, the reaction was similar when I suggested Alderweirald before Spurs signed him, so I'm starting to think there are just some really bad judges on here
Alderweireld was always very good at Southampton and I wanted us to sign him. Rose is nowhere near as good as that.

He might be part of a very good defence, but ffs Johnny Evans and John O'Shea featured heavily in the United side which set the clean sheet record. Neither of them were anything special either.

LonelyFire

Disagree - I think Rose is very poor. Extremely rash and I don't rate him defensively. Alderweireld on the other hand looks a very good player

Revan

Assumptionman

Rose is alright. Not poor, and IMO above average, but nothing special.

Alder was a very good player and now is the best CB in the league. Not world class, but still a top player.

prath92

He isn't great and all. He is a decent full back but I think the well drilled team helps him especially with Dier playing literally as a third CB. Even the likes of van aanholt may look half decent in such a brilliant set up.

RoLo

Being linked with a move to Old Trafford in the red tops. Would be an interesting signing.

Bwuk

Still not is biggest fan. Maybe I was a tad harsh on him earlier in this thread, but I think he's another all engine no brain athletic English player.

Status
Not open for further replies.