Danny Welbeck | Manchester United: 2001-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveW

Really disappointed about this. He's been consistently good for us and we've always played better football with him in the side. Really didn't expect van gaal to let him go. Shame he couldn't have been loaned. I still feel he has goals in him given a proper run as a centre forward. He's been our best striker this season :(

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
What is wrong to not want your yougster and local lad going to rival club. I admit i will not be cheering for him and i don't want him to do well because this would probably mean that we are out of top 4.

If he would go a club who is not our rival i would still be his big fan but not now. I was really big supporter of him and because of that i am so much more disapointed.
Not wanting him to do well at a rival club is understandable. It's the hate word which I thought was way over the top. The lad has every right to do what's right for his career.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Rooney and van Persie got what? 2-3 years at best. If we had kept Welbeck, he'll be a 26 year old striker with a few games here and there. He'll never fulfill his potential like that. It's selfish dream by United fans that Welbeck would do a Solskjaer to stay as 3rd/4th choice striker. It's the best move for everyone involves.
You're assuming that Rooney and van Persie are undroppable even if they're off form and not doing well for several matches. Welbeck was given his chance in pre-season and did well. He got injured and didn't start immediately, but he had a decent impact for us against Sunderland, Burnley, and the Dons. If Welbeck took his chance and performed well in place of van Persie, who's to say that he would have been dropped for van Persie?

m1tch

Gonna echo thoughts here but it really is a shame that this couldn't of been a loan. On top of that, if Arsenal have only paid a rival £16million for a player like Welbeck then they've got a bargain and we've had our pants taken down again.
Got a bad feeling we'll regret this sooner or later. The only acceptable explanation would be that his attitude wasn't right towards van Gaal and his vision.

Loublaze

ATLien
You're assuming that Rooney and van Persie are undroppable even if they're off form and not doing well for several matches. Welbeck was given his chance in pre-season and did well. He got injured and didn't start immediately, but he had a decent impact for us against Sunderland, Burnley, and the Dons. If Welbeck took his chance and performed well in place of van Persie, who's to say that he would have been dropped for van Persie?
This is why his transfer stinks

Sam

I had such big expectations for him this season after the first few games of pre-season as well. Though Van Gaal was going to absolutely love him :(

I really hope that injury he got in the Madrid game didn't have any bearing on this.

El Zoido

Welbeck has been pushing for a move for a while now, this hasn't happened just today because of Falcao.

m1y2

FFS
I'm gutted Welbeck is going, but that's a meltdown.
yes for me it is, because one of the greatest things in this club and the things I always admired and was proud of is developping and bringing players through our academy to the first team. He was no cleverley he proved himself already and waited for the big chance he was not getting. So we will see wilson going out to our title rival when he reaches his best age of 23? I doubt it. He is in a good age to make it here because the strikers are already declining and RVP may not be nothing but sub, rooney could drop into midfield or be transfered after his third transfer request. Falcao injury prone or not making the deal permanent after this season. He will have luck because he has got time on his side so he will be patient. Welbz was patient enough but reached the age he wanted to paly and rightly so could be our starter ahead of those lazy bastards unable anything..Van Gaal will not be here neither in 3,4 years but he will be the one who will give him chance, ayway we could be well off either with him and welbeck. But he wouldnt sacrifise his fella and newly voted captain but yet why falcao came then?

No matter what I am hugely disappointed. I don't see much players in our squad which understand the word "United" Evra, Vidic, Rio now Welbeck, this is just huge blow. Van Persie is here two seasons I just see him still as Arsenal player, Young, can you like him? a lot of newcommers from south america, quite ruining our english base.. surely new leaders will emerge and it will take time but this transition is huge and seems like if Rafael doesnt play I dont have my favourite player on the pitch right now who is Red through and through, if you understand me.. Sad times coming

badkins

Exactly. The average age of our best three strikers is pretty close to 30 years old. That'll end well...
Think long term.
Robin still got another two years easily, once he's done - we bring someone in.
Falcao could do the job for 4 years without any doubt. Rooney will be finally transformed into midfielder anyway.

LVG sees Januzaj as a striker, and playing behind main striker is probably his best position. So basically he takes over Rooney's position.
Wilson looks like a proper player too, selling Hernandez/Welbeck creates some space for him to progress - he's some finisher in making.

So basically after two years, once van Persie's done, and Falcao stays - we still got Falcao (30), Rooney (31), Januzaj, Wilson, plus the one player we replace RVP with, let it be some clinical striker as a future Falcao replacement. It is hardly a bad position to be in, especially when you consider having Mata and Di Maria supporting them, plus we'll surely bring some wingers in a future once we get rid of Young, Nani and Valencia.

Can't believe we're doing a favour to Arsenal, but let's be honest - Welbeck would only be a squad player here.

talking robot

If Welbeck were off to Spain or Italy, I wouldn't be too upset. It's the fact that we're strengthening Arsenal in a position where they desperately need it that bugs me. In my opinion, it will be between l'Arse and us for 4th place this year, and this could really screw our qualification chances.

talking robot

Top. Just imagine if we sign Falcao and Arsenal fail to sign Welbeck. Sanogo all day for them :lol:
A Herrera style collapse would be the perfect scenario. Arsenal are screwed out of buying someone they need and have no time to pursue plan B.

reelworld

They will play most of United matches simply because currently they are the better players than Welbeck. Rooney is the kind of player that when he needs a run of game to get his touch back, managers will give them. And van Persie most often than not scores even if he was playing badly. Although his impact to our top 4 finish remains to be seen, this is the best move for Welbeck career.

talking robot

"Arsenal have applied for an extension to try and seal the signing of Manchester United forward Danny Welbeck."

--Sky Sports

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This one sucks.

Danny is on the verge of bring a top, top player. Shame he has to go to a rival to prove that. He's got it all really, the goals will come.

Always thought United looked a bit more fluid with him in the team.

Oh well best of luck Danny. Go make a name for yourself

Sam

:lol:

No, he is actually called Daniel, but it's not really after Welbeck.

Well maybe just a little bit... given that we call him Danny. Might have to start calling him Dan instead now!:smirk:
Start calling him Radamel ;)

SteveW

This one sucks.

Danny is on the verge of bring a top, top player. Shame he has to go to a rival to prove that. He's got it all really, the goals will come.

Always thought United looked a bit more fluid with him in the team.

Oh well best of luck Danny. Go make a name for yourself
Couldn't agree more. All of our best football over the last couple of seasons has been when he was in the team. We'll regret letting him go IMO. Its sad. Local lad, great attitude and bags of talent. He should have been a lifer here :(

Status
Not open for further replies.