Danny Welbeck | Manchester United: 2001-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeMono

Arsenal fans already making up acronyms for their strikers: SWAG (Sonogo, Welbeck, Alexis, Giroud)

:lol:

JSMHE

Well Welbeck is not the end of the world. The guy was pretty much useless to be honest. Whatever he did on the pitch rarely amounted in a goal. All hype because he's local. Happy he can go prove himself elsewhere.
It's not in the end, but it's the start of the disastrous our academic. Welbeck (90%) and Lawrence are gone. Who's next? Januzaj due of not getting enough starter?

Litch

All Welbeck needed was a run to work out the kinks in his game. That will happen at least until January now. He's the perfect player for them in every way.
Time will tell. Who do you think Kompany or Terry would sooner be playing against?

NinjaFletch

The most disappointing thing is that my ignore list on here has been created by blocking people based on demonstrably stupid opinions on Welbeck.

Which other player do we have that is so decisive between idiots and normal people and will now serve the same purpose?

DeMono

Welbeck is the only that penetrates defences and his pace makes the difference. Our strikers are totally the opposite. Falcao will ease my worries a bit.

I just hate too see Welbeck score goals to see them through to top 4(making us not be in CL next season).

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think one of the issues though is that Danny doesn't want to be 3rd or 4th choice. He wants to be first choice a la Sturridge. We saw it during Moyes' tenure when he apparently put in or was on the verge of putting in a transfer request, and no doubt LVG told him that he'd be 3rd choice behind RVP and Rooney. As much as we'd all like him to stay, you can't begrudge him the chance to be the number 1 striker that he's always wanted to be.

I just wish it wasn't to Arsenal though, but fair play he wanted the chance to lead the line at a top 4 side, something we couldn't offer him.
That's the only explanation I have for this. He wants to be a clear-cut starter.

Litch

Welbeck is the only that penetrates defences and his pace makes the difference. Our strikers are totally the opposite. Falcao will ease my worries a bit.

I just hate too see Welbeck score goals to see them through to top 4(making us not be in CL next season).
City and Chelsea didn't mind selling Sturridge and that's certainly not stopped them winning things despite him scoring against them.....

Dunk

Body language expert

He won't do THAT well there. It's good news we've let him go. Just Cleverley, Fletcher, Young and Fellaini left to cross off. These guys have stunk up our squad for years and it's time to CLEAR them and get somebody in on United's level. Get a set of balls people, Welbeck going to Arsenal has netted us 16 mil. The guy couldn't hit a barn door for crying out loud. Worry about progress at the academy in due time, we still have to get top four this season. Improvements in our academy will come. As of now, the only reason the academy exists is to sell the reserve players off at a profit.

RooneyLegend

Welbeck and penetrating defences shouldn't be in the same line. He couldn't penetrate MK dons ffs

rotherham_red

I've posted this a few times already but

JAMES WILSON
Wilson goes without saying. It's a squad game. You can't expect him to carry the whole goalscoring burden on his own. We are going to need at least two quality strikers being brought in by the time the big three retire, and in the age range of Wilson to Welbeck, I cannot think of one who comes close to the full package that Welbeck provided, and Wilson will possibly provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.