Darren Fletcher | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

SER19

imagine he got fit again, id say even fletcher wouldnt believe his luck seeing that we basically havent even sort of got stronger in the middle in all the time he's been out. would walk back into it.

obviously loads of work to be done to even consider it but id be delighted for him.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Hopefully he can have a good rest of his career. Whether its here or anywhere else.

Gerald G

Great news to here him back but I can't see any chance of him going to perform back to 08 level unfortunately. I would love to be proved wrong though and hope he does well when he comes back to fitness.

Name Changed

weso26
Like Hargreaves, Fletcher is finished, I said this a while back.

Its unfortunate but that's how it is.
Fletcher came back last season for a few games and did ok, and that was with his condition.

If his is now cured from his disease, who is to say he won't come back at all? If he managed to come back at the same level as last year when he had the condition, then he'll be a useful squad player.

Luckily most people don't give up as easily as you do.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Trained with the squad today, expected to be able to play soon. Great news.

The session did feature Darren Fletcher taking part with the whole group after several weeks working on his own to regain fitness.
The 29-year-old midfielder has been battling a chronic bowel condition and has made only seven starts in the past two years - his most recent was on Boxing Day last year - but there are hopes that he could return to competitive action later this month.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...ahead-of-champions-league-clash-29685972.html

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Absolute shame that his illness hit hard just when Darren was hitting his prime. He was a big reason why we were so damn good in that time from 06-09.

I really hope he makes it back. Seems like a genuinely good person. Yes I know he has been paid millions but take have something taken away from you that you love is devastating for anyone.

Aboutreika18

Absolute shame that his illness hit hard just when Darren was hitting his prime. He was a big reason why we were so damn good in that time from 06-09.

I really hope he makes it back. Seems like a genuinely good person. Yes I know he has been paid millions but take have something taken away from you that you love is devastating for anyone.
Fletcher was only a regular in 2008/09 and 2009/10.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Moyes is going to love Fletch if he can get himself back fit. Sadly I doubt he can ever return to his 2009 peak.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
That's right, he didn't really feature much in 06/07. My mistake. I do remember that when he got opportunities in this time (Chelsea at Old Trafford) we was good and shut up most of the haters at the time.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
He will be like a new signing. FlaminiEffect

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I remember one of the games against arsenal and the commentator aid he was like a man possessed.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He featured a lot in 06/07, especially when our squad was spread thin in the business end of the season. A few decent efforts against Milan at home stand out in the memory.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Brilliant news. I have nothing bit respect for him being cut down in his prime by a freak illness. (Well you know what I mean).
The midfield part of our backbone during the 08/09 - 09/10 defensive dominance where we conceded 24 and 28 goals only. (I think 24 was joint best and 28 was the best in England).

Has been the only player who can consistently close space in midfield and herd play and still for me is the one who worked best with Carrick in his prime and the other midfielders in Giggs, Scholes and Anderson because of his work rate. (Something that Carrick simply doesn't offer). Something that completely flies under the radar I feel with the new resurgence of 'Carrick is great! He's been the main man forever and can do no wrong!!
' opinion that is doing the rounds on the Caf. Fletcher's contribution over the 07ish-11ish period gets little to no respect on here. Which is a real shame.

Hope he at least gets something back and something out of the rest of his career. The guy deserves it.

Ekeke

Its great for Fletcher, I hope he gets his games he's worked for. And you never know, even Anderson and Buttner have had a go in several lineups, he must have a chance at being a starter even if he's half the player he was

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
From a selfish perspective, I don't think the team is in any condition to be bringing Fletch back in now. There is no way we can carry him on current form.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
From a selfish perspective, I don't think the team is in any condition to be bringing Fletch back in now. There is no way we can carry him on current form.

Can he be much worse than Fellaini or Anderson?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Can he be much worse than Fellaini or Anderson?
I imagine he will be worse than Anderson to be fair to our Brazilian, although I'd still expect him to perform better than Fellaini's last two outings for us.

Laphroaig

Fletcher returning and winning/earning a place in the team would be the most beautiful thing to happen to football in a good while. I'm pessimistic but hopeful.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Starting for the reserves in an hour!!!?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Brilliant news :devil: Long road ahead and all that, but damn that's good to hear.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Fletcher returning and winning/earning a place in the team would be the most beautiful thing to happen to football in a good while. I'm pessimistic but hopeful.
It'd be so amazing. But yes, I'm pessimistic on this one. At least his overall health must be good, and that's the main thing.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
A 1/4 fit Fletcher is better than Anderson, and Fellaini.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Well he's currently looking distinctly average with the U21's so I wouldn't hold my breath on him adding anything noteworthy to the side.

LR7

It's his first game since Boxing Day last year I think. Getting through 90mins is the important part. Hardly expect him to be charging round the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.