Darren Fletcher the pundit

Augustus Gloop

A Prime Fletcher and McTominay in CM. You wouldn’t beat that shit

As for pundit Fletch, he’s decent, wish he got involved in United in some big capacity

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's neither box office or exaggerated enough,unfortunately.

If he's earned it and has the required abilities for a particular role then,yes, I would like to see him involved with United in a certain capacity.

Bojan11

Terrible tonight.

Ole didn’t get it wrong in the first half apparently. He’s so scared to criticise the tactics.

izec

He is not going to say something badly about him, any United player that knows Ole personally and played with him defends him to the extreme.

M16Red

Richard's was terrible, didn't think he did too bad - he was balanced

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Terrible tonight.

Ole didn’t get it wrong in the first half apparently. He’s so scared to criticise the tactics.
Like all the ex-players. They won't say a bad word about Ole but were lining up to criticise Jose.

RedDevilRoshi

Majority of our ex players as pundits are not criticising Ole enough.
They aren’t going too. He’s their mate and they desperately want him to succeed. We all do but not much evidence that he will, I’m afraid.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Majority of our ex players as pundits are not criticising Ole enough.
Same on here isn't it?

I find him a good pundit, well spoken and sharp tactically. Should be on more.

He's actually the sort I think would make a really good manager but I thought that about Carragher and he seems very comfortable in TV now so little desire to go into the unpredictable world of football management.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's far too close to the club to be even slightly balanced in his views.
Agree and this can be said with regards to Scholes,Rio,Giggs, and the Neville brothers.

The only people who give decent analysis are players who weren't totally ingrained into the club for a long time like Hargreaves,RVP .

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
To be fair, who gives a shit if these people criticise Ole or not? People shouldn't be sheep, they need to make their own judgments.
The entire club from management, to squad to coaching to board is rotten and we don't need anyone telling us that.
Fans need to be able to organise themselves without being egged on by some members of a boys club with no sense of reality.

Sylar

He was on talksport and said the issues were more with the type of players the managers, who have been backed, have bought. Seemed to excuse the board, of course

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I like him but there's no doubt he's pulling punches out of respect for Ole and the club generally. He may see off the pitch issues as outside of his area of expertise but criticising the players after a given under-performance is only telling half the story.

Oldyella

Agree and this can be said with regards to Scholes,Rio,Giggs, and the Neville brothers.

The only people who give decent analysis are players who weren't totally ingrained into the club for a long time like Hargreaves,RVP .
Wasnt the case with Jose and LVG though. Don't think it's being close to the club that's the issue, it's being close to the manager.

El Zoido

All the pundits that are associated with United don’t criticise Ole enough because they “too close to the club”, and all the pundits who aren’t associated with United don’t criticise Ole enough because they “want United to fail.”

Or maybe, unlike so many of our fans, they can see that the issue goes way beyond the current manager.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Wasnt the case with Jose and LVG though. Don't think it's being close to the club that's the issue, it's being close to the manager.
Correct - and just like the case of Moyes, it's the managers who get mollycoddled by the media who achieve the least...

They're more concerned with their own perception than winning trophies for the club.

Mourinho and LvG both full of barely concealed contempt for the U.K footy media and both won trophies - with the manager who has the worst relationship with the footy media (Mourinho) winning the most trophies...

Food for thought.

Last edited:

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
All the pundits that are associated with United don’t criticise Ole enough because they “too close to the club”, and all the pundits who aren’t associated with United don’t criticise Ole enough because they “want United to fail.”

Or maybe, unlike so many of our fans, they can see that the issue goes way beyond the current manager.
Bingo

Judas

Open to offers

Pretty sure 99% of the fanbase know the clubs has a lot more problems beyond Ole.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Posters can't deal with different opinions.

Judas

Open to offers
Well it's quite obvious why Ole gets most of the stick, because its the only realistically changeable aspect because Woody isn't going anywhere until the Glazers do.

RedIan

Fletch came a cross very well, i didnt think Richards was too bad, he was spot on his point about our nativity In the way we played.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Before the match: "Ole is the man to rectify the gap between City & Liverpool, not this year, not next year, but give him 3-4 years."

Half-time: "Ole didn't get it wrong in the 1st half. It's up to the players to change things around on the pitch. Solve the problems themselves."

Post: "These young lads will learn a lot tonight. Credit to Ole."

No-one can be that brain dead. Happy to criticise the players yet holds back on the manager. Who's fault is it that we looked like a pub team?

He's clearly a shill so who cares what he has to say.

Only one who's not been a sell out and kept his integrity is RVP. The rest are sycophantic boot lickers.

Last edited:

el3mel

Before the match: "Ole is the man to rectify the gap between City & Liverpool, not this year, not next year, but give him 3-4 years."

Half-time: "Ole didn't get it wrong in the 1st half. It's up to the players to change things around on the pitch. Solve the problems themselves."

Post: "These young lads will learn a lot tonight. Credit to Ole."

No-one can be that brain dead. Happy to criticise the players yet holds back on the manager. Who's fault is it that we looked like a pub team?

He's clearly a shill so who cares what he has to say.

Only one who's not been a sell out and kept his integrity is RVP. The rest are sycophantic boot lickers.
That's what Ole wants to hear I guess, meanwhile RVP says his innocent opinion and got slaughtered by our manager in the presser. Maybe if he was focused on coaching the team rather not handling the slightest criticism while the rest of our ex players are spouting these delusional nonsense, we might have been better.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
That's what Ole wants to hear I guess, meanwhile RVP says his innocent opinion and got slaughtered by our manager in the presser. Maybe if he was focused on coaching the team rather not handling the slightest criticism while the rest of our ex players are spouting these delusional nonsense, we might have been better.
Coaching the team? We scoff at that here. Didn't you know that romanticism and fairy tales win football matches?

Snuffkin

Fletch was OK, good to know I was not the only one blaming lindelof for the third goal. Between him and Jones it was amazing we didn't concede more.

ifightdragons

Refreshing to hear although he's talking some bollocks regarding knowing since day 1 that Ronaldo would be the best player in the world and Rooney would end up United's all time top scorer.
He didn't say that. You should be more precise when listening to and reciting other people's comments.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You wouldn’t think it to read the caf these days.
Are posters supposed to begin every post criticising Ole by first saying “the owners are the biggest problem” ?

Quite bothersome and precious. I just take it as a given that anyone who is not an idiot knows the Glazers are scum, and totally incompetent.

Are we supposed to give Ole leeway because cnuts own and run the club? People didn’t for the last three managers.

On topic: it was embarrassing how careful Fletch was in not criticising Ole.

IrishRedDevil

I hate him. Why does he keep saying the full name of every player?

TRENT ALEXANDER-ARNOLD PASSES THE BALL TO DIOGO JOTA AND THE SHOT IS PAMMED AWAY BY KASPER SCHMEICHEL.

Please just say Alexander-Arnold, Jota and Schmeichel. We won’t confuse them with anyone else.