Darren Fletcher

Skywarden

Looks good. Really love his enthusiasm to get involved in the build-up.

Cina

He's basically just shielding the defense, nothing too taxing but he's obviously being eased back in and doing it well.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Looking good, some nice energy, obviously can't go forward too much as the defense is still pretty young. Delighted to see him come back.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Much better than the Gala game. Good to see.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Bit off the pace but his positioning has been great, used his experience well. Fingers crossed he keeps it up.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Much better than the Gala game. Good to see.
Very much so. Shows its not just sentiment on Fergie's part. The Fletcher who was central to so much of what we did in 2009-10 is looking like he might actually come back.

Our midfield just looks so right with him in it especially behind the blur of red that is Anderson and Cleverley.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Rememeber how gutted we were when he missed the CL final? Imagine having that player back again

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Rememeber how gutted we were when he missed the CL final? Imagine having that player back again

Dunno who made this but I love the title: I will be back.

Fletcher will be the man again. Believe.

Eriku

Oh man, he was imperious that season... *sigh*

He was slowly adding more strings to his bow, I thought he was destined to be a heavy-hitter for us. I hope his body doesn't give him much more hassle and we get to see where he can get to :)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's funny how often he does that twist and turn. Manages to pull it off every single time.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Even though he limited his play tonight and probably knows his fitness isn't yet at its best, think he's been pretty encouraging this evening in his role. One small step at a time.

Comsmit

He's basically just shielding the defense, nothing too taxing but he's obviously being eased back in and doing it well.
I actually think this could be the way forward for Fletcher. I honestly don't believe we will see the lung-bursting Fletcher of 2008-2010 again. His passing ability is tight and I suspect we will see more of him in front of the back four, dictating play and using his ability to read the game.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
fecking brilliant tonight. Played like a warrior!

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
He did a good job, but it wasnt the hardest challenge the role he had for todays game. A 3man midfield against a second string Newcastle, where he had no offensive role. Obviously hes getting eased back though, but this game was no real test to see if he can get back to his energetic self.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Great to see him back, his experience was very important tonight.

Ash_G

Thought he played really well all things considered and was surprised by how mobile he was was. In the short term he looks like he can definitely do a job covering the defence and as he gets more fitness I reckon he can get back to his box to box days. Really happy for him and fingers crossed he doesn't relapse like last season.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I actually think this could be the way forward for Fletcher. I honestly don't believe we will see the lung-bursting Fletcher of 2008-2010 again. His passing ability is tight and I suspect we will see more of him in front of the back four, dictating play and using his ability to read the game.
I'd be happy with that. It's great to see him back at all, and if he can build on this then all of a sudden we've got a viable alternative to Carrick again in the slightly deeper midfield role.

roseguy64

Well chuffed he's managed a start against decent opposition. Hardly put a foot wrong. Will probably take most if not all of the season for him to be fully back though.

The Neviller

apparently you're never cured, you can only find a way to cope with it.
Depends on how it's treated as far as I know. A temporary ******** measure can allow the inflammation to clear. Given the timings he's been out for it wouldn't surprise me if this option had been taken up.

Fingers crossed we get him back fully fit, he played well tonight. Even him being able to cover for and spell Carrick in certain games would give us a great option that nobody else really provides.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Looked very good on the ball, and was solid protecting the defence aswell. We might get back up for Carrick finally, or can I call it competition for Carrick, since he played as holding midfielder tonight.

Glad to see him back!

Art

Art the artist
Even though players like Fletcher or Sheasy might not have the technical skill like the likes of Nani,Rio or Rooney the former two for me are much more dear to and embody everything that is good about United. fecking delighted for Fletch. :)

Its good to have you back buddy. :)

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Thought he was the third best of our midfield, but they all played well.

Interesting if he can play that role as effectively in tougher games. We'd have something to fall back on if Carrick dies of some injury or other.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Thought he was the third best of our midfield, but they all played well.

Interesting if he can play that role as effectively in tougher games. We'd have something to fall back on if Carrick dies of some injury or other.
?? :lol:

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
Watching that video I forgot how many screamers he scored. If truth be told it's his other work and presence that we need more.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Even if he can "only" play that role in the future there'll be plenty of games for him I imagine - either when someone is rested or when cover/experience is needed like tonight.

Says a lot of about him (both as a person and as a footballer) that even with his illness and after so long time out he's still able to pull off a performance like that. Nothing but respect for him.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I loved his communication with Michael Keane in particular, seemed to really be talking him through it.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yep, always had a soft spot for Fletch, you could tell yesterday that more than his own performance, he was really concerned with helping the two young CBs out. He and Rooney were instrumental in our game yesterday, Rooney at bringing a real serenity and poise to the side by always offering a solution, and Fletcher by playing so deep and giving a hand to the young ones. It was great to see.