g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Darts

CallyRed

Think Price was listening to Tom Jones's "Green Green Grass of Home" on repeat in that set

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
The BDO rule was always no headwear of any kind. No caps etc.

I doubt PDC thought it was a possibility someone would wear those :lol:

I like Clemens anyway he's a heavy scorer.

Price has fecked up here by drawing more attention to it - he will get even more next time he's in front of a crowd. The only way to deal with it is not to react, or even laugh, win games and eventually it will die off to some extent.

sallycinnamin

When he was throwing Russ Bray keeping the laughter in how he managed it. Still unbelievable from Clemens didn't affect him he just got on with it.

Zen

Has it? His record behind closed doors is better than in front of a crowd if i’m not mistaken and clearly it’s bothering him if he gets out a headset.
Well yeah. At the worst, behind closed doors or not... he's 3rd best in the world give or take, and this is his schtick. There's legit nothing that makes me think he's a genuinely better player than MvG or Wright. So yeah, I think it's worked for him, regardless if the crowd can get to him, he can also get to his opponent.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Well yeah. At the worst, behind closed doors or not... he's 3rd best in the world give or take, and this is his schtick. There's legit nothing that makes me think he's a genuinely better player than MvG or Wright. So yeah, I think it's worked for him, regardless if the crowd can get to him, he can also get to his opponent.
Could be. Guess we’ll never know because he’s not going to change it.

sallycinnamin

It seems that way to go watch it live doesn't it, its a shame majority of people are there for the piss up rather than the matches
It's a double edged sword when Barry Hearn went into the Circus Tavern in that Final Taylor vs Barney he knew he could take it to a bigger venue bigger audience and get the football crowd over. The Premier League can have crowds of ten thousand and it's gone stratospheric. An absolute juggernaut. Watching a few repeats of Darts Gold and yes a lot of drink involved but real darts fans at The Circus Tavern but inevitable it was going to a far bigger venue and a far bigger tv audience.

hodgey123

Now taken to Instagram to say he may not play at the Worlds again as the crowd did not ‘let’ him play his game…

CallyRed

This match reminds of when City draws the only Championship team remaining in the quarter finals of a cup and the match goes exactly how you thought it would.

hodgey123

This match reminds of when City draws the only Championship team remaining in the quarter finals of a cup and the match goes exactly how you thought it would.
Yeah just turned off. MvG imperious but doesn’t make for great viewing

cyberman

A player who makes such a big thing about being antagonistic like Price does simply cannot complain about crowds giving it back.
That’s not how darts is supposed to work. This is only going to get worse and it’s too late to stop it. We’re already reaching the point when it’s being justified to act like this to players we don’t like. More and more events are happening over seas with all sorts of abuse being thrown at non hometown players during their throw. I think Germany was really really bad for that last year, or maybe Czech Republic?
Dickhead fans thinking it’s a football match so chant the same shit over and over because there are no such thing as darts chants (for good reason)in between coke binges

dbs235

Price brings it on himself, Clayton is Welsh and he doesn’t get abuse like that. And Price played just as bad with the headphones on. In the Cardiff PL, the crowd are well behind and Clayton and Price it’s very hostile for the other players.

phelans shorts

That’s not how darts is supposed to work. This is only going to get worse and it’s too late to stop it. We’re already reaching the point when it’s being justified to act like this to players we don’t like. More and more events are happening over seas with all sorts of abuse being thrown at non hometown players during their throw. I think Germany was really really bad for that last year, or maybe Czech Republic?
Dickhead fans thinking it’s a football match so chant the same shit over and over because there are no such thing as darts chants (for good reason)in between coke binges
Price treats it the same as the crowd! That’s why he gets stick like that, the London crowd was cheering the German over him not because he wasn’t English, but because of how he himself behaves, let’s not forget what he did in the last round either.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The Premier League isn't any better. As much as I don't like the crowds behaviour, it's something he has to manage.
Yeah and being totally honest I thought to myself he wouldn't be going back there in a hurry.

The PDC needs to try and do something but then this is a PDC creation. Price apart the crowd are still unbearable for me and I don't really watch much outside the world's.
Darts is all fur coat and no knickers

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
He can always give snooker a shot.

Gavinb33

Price treats it the same as the crowd! That’s why he gets stick like that, the London crowd was cheering the German over him not because he wasn’t English, but because of how he himself behaves, let’s not forget what he did in the last round either.
Exactly this, as another poster pointed out none of the other players got what he did tonight and then think why that is oh yeah because he himself is a twat and as antagonistic as the crowd, how does he act like he does and expects the crowd to be on his side.

Having said that all the Yaya and other shit chants can get in the bin

Abizzz

I don't watch darts all year round but doesn't Price shout quite a bit himself usually? And not only after winning a game either...

cyberman

Price cheers to get in the opponents head, plenty of other do that as well. Difference is Price fave it back to the fans while others didn’t.

Wilt

Reminds me of a boxing match crowd except everyone’s pissed.

The ref/organisers do nothing to calm the crowd. Whatever happened to “best of order” :lol: