g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Darts

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Don’t understand what happened to Heta last night. At 6-6 Cross is there for the taking and not playing brilliantly. How does someone with Heta’s proven ability under pressure just collapse like that?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Don’t understand what happened to Heta last night. At 6-6 Cross is there for the taking and not playing brilliantly. How does someone with Heta’s proven ability under pressure just collapse like that?
Mustache clearly affected his balance he'll be back on form in Ally Pally.

2cents

Scout
Humphries clearly best in the world right now.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
He has just won 2 big TV tournaments in a row he has to be in with a shout just as the form player if nothing else
Wasn't two out of three, with Wright winning the European in the middle? Agree he's easily the form player and it's most likely Humphries or Price, then MVG or maybe Cross for the worlds for me. Hope Wright or Ando can spring a surprise though.

Jippy

Staff
Was at the 2nd stage in Minehead and he did most of that one this year. He was good fun bantering in-between matches.
He was a good laugh at a corporate with Phil Taylor (who was less so).
He had plenty of yelling to do just now with MVG averaging 118.5 beating Ross Smith 6-1. Smith was 109 late on in the match.

2cents

Scout
MVG just hit a 9 to go 3-2 up in the final.

2cents

Scout
And Humphries wins five in a row to go from 9-6 down to win it 11-9.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Wow Luke, that’s some comeback. MVG misses eight in a row to tie it up at 10-10.

sallycinnamin

The big one starts this Friday
The Worlds at the Alexander Palace
Who's everyones picks?
Winner, outsiders, long shots/dark horses?
I'll post mine up later on or tomorrow.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Humphries has to be the No.1 favorite but of course the usual suspects MvG, Price, Wright, even Anderson are within a shout. Smith has been in dire form lately, will be interesting to see whether he can gain some momentum again. Bunting, Cross, Aspinall and Clayton are obvious picks as well. James Wade might be a force again given his recent performances and I would love it.

As a German Im hoping for some good runs of our guys, first time in history there are 5 participants which is nice. Pietreczko has been the best German player this year and might be a dark horse for the tournament if he can replicate his form and has a bit of luck. Hes certainly the one thats

paulscholes18

Humphries to Beat Price in the final

Dark Horse, Luke Littler wouldn't be surprised if he made the QF

sallycinnamin

Humphries/MVG because they're so obviously the front runners and that side of the draw so to speak.
Set format well we know Anderson, Aspinall, Cross will relish it. Chizzy being playing well along with Bunting. How Price will or won't handle the crowd latter stages should be interesting along with the performances of Josh Rock.
Also rank outsiders to do well Callan Rydz, Joe Cullen and Stowe Buntz.
There's a lot of players that will use this to reignite their respective years and again with set format if you can't be motivated for the World's well then...
Van den Bergh
Van Duijoivnbode
Peter Wright
Joe Cullen
Ratjaski
Probably many more that is 5 off the top of my head that need a decent Worlds defending prize money especially in Wrights case and much more importantly ranking points.

Abizzz

Humphries has been excellent every time I 've seen him all year (watched a bit more this year than previous years). MVG looks kind of human right now. If Cross is in form and motivated I can see him beating either of those in later stages though. And if the train gets rolling it will be Anderson's year. I'm just going on the one match I watched roughly a month ago, where he hit just about everything, but I'd enjoy watching him win it.

Jippy

Staff
Smith and Wright, with Jim Williams on Tuesday, have the toughest first matches and look the biggest source of potential shocks. Ando v Whitlock is a brutal match, though would expect Ando to get through.
I can only watch the arvo ones live and the weekend matches look a bit humdrum while the tournament gets going.

2023/24 Paddy Power World Darts Championship
Schedule of Play
Friday December 15 (1900 GMT)
3x First Round, 1x Second Round

Kevin Doets v Stowe Buntz (R1)
Cameron Menzies v Rusty-Jake Rodriguez (R1)
Simon Whitlock v Paolo Nebrida (R1)
Michael Smith v Doets/Buntz (R2)

Saturday December 16
Afternoon Session (1230 GMT)

Lee Evans v Sandro Eric Sosing (R1)
Connor Scutt v Krzysztof Kciuk (R1)
Jules van Dongen v Darren Penhall (R1)
Dave Chisnall v Menzies/Rodriguez (R2)

Evening Session (1900 GMT)

Jamie Hughes v David Cameron (R1)
Keane Barry v Reynaldo Rivera (R1)
Scott Williams v Haruki Muramatsu (R1)
Gary Anderson v Whitlock/Nebrida (R2)

Sunday December 17
Afternoon Session (1230 GMT)

Ricky Evans v Simon Adams (R1)
Jim Williams v Norman Madhoo (R1)
Matt Campbell v Lourence Ilagan (R1)
Joe Cullen v Van Dongen/Penhall (R2)

Evening Session (1900 GMT)

Dylan Slevin v Florian Hempel (R1)
Niels Zonneveld v Darren Webster (R1)
Jermaine Wattimena v Fallon Sherrock (R1)
Luke Humphries v L Evans/Eric Sosing (R2)

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The big one starts tonight - looking forward to it.

Humphries coming in as the big favorite, wouldn't mind seeing him win it all. Otherwise I'd prefer Smith back-to-back but he's been off the last few months so little chance imo.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
How many doctors are active here? @Pogue Mahone you're practicing correct?

I'm wondering about Michael Smith. He's lost a lot of weight but his face is still face, particularly the cheeks and chin. It reminds me of people with an overactive gland, thyroid maybe. You reckon it's just bone structure or genetics or there might be a hormonal imbalance?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
How many doctors are active here? @Pogue Mahone you're practicing correct?

I'm wondering about Michael Smith. He's lost a lot of weight but his face is still face, particularly the cheeks and chin. It reminds me of people with an overactive gland, thyroid maybe. You reckon it's just bone structure or genetics or there might be a hormonal imbalance?
I have no idea who Michael Smith is so this is a complete shot in the dark but if someone loses weight, while retaining a big round face it could be an illness which is being treated with corticosteroids. Something like inflammatory bowel disease or rheumatoid arthritis. The illness causes the weight loss but a known side effect of the steroids is a “moon face”.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I have no idea who Michael Smith is so this is a complete shot in the dark but if someone loses weight, while retaining a big round face it could be an illness which is being treated with corticosteroids. Something like inflammatory bowel disease or rheumatoid arthritis. The illness causes the weight loss but a known side effect of the steroids is a “moon face”.
You'll find a lot of pics if you google Michael Smith darts. There's something off about his features. I used to chalk it off to him being overweight but the face is still the same despite the weight loss. Usually weight loss is so apparant with the face.

sallycinnamin

For me two standout matches today :

Afternoon Chizzy vs Menzies

Evening. Anderson vs Whitlock.

Jippy

Staff
Hopefully the players have as much confidence of beating Liverpool as Rapid Ricky does.
:lol:He's a funny character. Cullen a United fan too.

Just watched the night's matches. Lee Evans missed so many chances against Humphries it was incredible. Fallon super-patchy in her defeat. Not the best session overall.