Darts

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Just watched the semis earlier and the final is going to be tough to call. Clayton looking so consistent, but Asp back on form and a real battler. Quite happy if either wins.

Cullen disappointing after having a fantastic tournament and Humphries a little unlucky- I thought he had a bit of a bottling streak, but thought he threw in some big legs under the cosh until that last one (and against DVD in particular).

As an aside, I've always felt the matches from QF onwards are way too long in this tournament- certainly no need for QFs to be so long and SFs should be shorter too, maybe best of 25.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Just watched the semis earlier and the final is going to be tough to call. Clayton looking so consistent, but Asp back on form and a real battler. Quite happy if either wins.

Cullen disappointing after having a fantastic tournament and Humphries a little unlucky- I thought he had a bit of a bottling streak, but thought he threw in some big legs under the cosh until that last one (and against DVD in particular).

As an aside, I've always felt the matches from QF onwards are way too long in this tournament- certainly no need for QFs to be so long and SFs should be shorter too, maybe best of 25.
Agree with the last bit. A “classic” tournament like the Matchplay can be a bit longer imo but first to 17 is a long game if it’s evenly matched.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Big fish for Asp now and 11-5 ahead. He should put this to bed now.

galwayfa

Asp is now my favourite dart player, way he talks and we know its easy when you win to say nice things but I think this lad is a good one

paulscholes18

Peter Wright was struggling today all his averages were in the 80's, very fortunate to win two games today with 82 and 83 before losing with an 80 average.

Abizzz

Peter Wright was struggling today all his averages were in the 80's, very fortunate to win two games today with 82 and 83 before losing with an 80 average.
I don't watch that much but everytime I have watched in the past 18 months he looked like he's struggling (compared to his level 3-4 years ago)

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
MVG with a 9 on the way to the final:

Last edited:

sallycinnamin

MVG with a 9 on the way to the final:

Was an unbelievable semi-final vs Humphries and he did have some chances to beat MVG. Final was a let down but overall a good days darts. Tournaments hitting the business end now over the next few weeks.

2cents

Scout
Van Gerwen got another very nice 9 today:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Van Gerwen got another very nice 9 today:

Bit of a different route as well. Can you imagine throwing a nine darter and not even smiling slightly to yourself about it?

Damn, just realised there are zero afternoon sessions in the World Grand Prix, so I'll only get to see any live action if I stay up til stupid o'clock. At least I can get watch it back on iptv I guess, but never feels quite the same somehow.

Session Schedule
Monday October 2 (1800 BST)
First Round x8

Dirk van Duijvenbode v Brendan Dolan
Jose de Sousa v Gary Anderson
Krzysztof Ratajski v James Wade
Martin Schindler v Raymond van Barneveld
Nathan Aspinall v Stephen Bunting
Gerwyn Price v Danny Noppert
Michael Smith v Callan Rydz
Rob Cross v Andrew Gilding

Tuesday October 3 (1800 BST)
First Round x8

Joe Cullen v Mike De Decker
Dave Chisnall v Luke Woodhouse
Damon Heta v Ryan Searle
Dimitri Van den Bergh v Chris Dobey
Peter Wright v Gabriel Clemens
Michael van Gerwen v Josh Rock
Jonny Clayton v Ross Smith
Luke Humphries v Daryl Gurney

Wednesday October 4 (1900 BST)
Second Round x4 – Match Order TBC

M Smith/Rydz v Van Duijvenbode/Dolan
Cross/Gilding v De Sousa/Anderson
Price/Noppert v Ratajski/Wade
Aspinall/Bunting v Schindler/Van Barneveld

Thursday October 5 (1900 BST)
Second Round x4 – Match Order TBC

Van Gerwen/Rock v Van den Bergh/Dobey
Clayton/R Smith v Cullen/De Decker
Wright/Clemens v Heta/Searle
Humphries/Gurney v Chisnall/Woodhouse

Friday October 6 (1900 BST)
Quarter-Finals

Saturday October 7 (2000 BST)
Semi-Finals

Sunday October 8 (2000 BST)
Final

sallycinnamin

Watching The World Grand Prix.
Obviously living in Dublin miss the event being on at the CityWest.
Double start format can mess with a players head but sure darts is all about the doubles!
Nice look to the last four matches.

2cents

Scout
Painful stuff from Cross and Gilding, Cross should be ashamed losing that one.

2cents

Scout
Van Gerwen has missed two 9-dart attempts now on the bull.

paulscholes18

Nice come back from Luke from 2-0 down to win 3-2 Vs Snakebite with Wright missing 3 match darts to take it 3-1

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Nice come back from Luke from 2-0 down to win 3-2 Vs Snakebite with Wright missing 3 match darts to take it 3-1
:( was a hard watch, poor Peter! Genuinely think he might have gone on to the final if he finished the job.

2cents

Scout
Good start to this final, 1-1 with Humphries starting to show some form.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Haven't watched any darts in a few years. Never heard of this Humphries but I enjoyed that. He was on fire.

2cents

Scout
Really happy for him, seems a genuinely nice guy and has come so close before, it was his time.

paulscholes18

Had my favourite win at darts in years, the guy missed 3 match darts to beat me 3-1, I took out 72, S20, S12 D20 (to make it 2-2) gave it the Gerwyn Price roar, I won the bull up and he went to pot in the decider to give me the easy win.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Huge night for German Darts, Pietreczko becomes the second ever german player to win a PDC Title. Incredible performances all weekend, rounded off with a ridiculous 8/8 on the doubles in the final against Peter Wright. He has been very good all year but this surely came unexpected.

paulscholes18

Huge night for German Darts, Pietreczko becomes the second ever german player to win a PDC Title. Incredible performances all weekend, rounded off with a ridiculous 8/8 on the doubles in the final against Peter Wright. He has been very good all year but this surely came unexpected.
He’s going to be hard to beat again in the European Championship if he plays like that and with the crowd on his side.

Berbasbullet

Wright incredible, Dobey very unlucky!

Price just chucked away a huge lead.

Berbasbullet

Brilliant seeing Wright playing really well for a few weeks now, regaining form. The back to back 161 and 164 checkouts were class.
Amazing to see Wright picking up form at the right time! Would love to see him do damage in December.