Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Don't see the hype yet. Commentary was going on about him at some point, but I had forgotten he was on the pitch in the second half. Diaz going down is what hurt them, and also we started pressing a lot better. Although Firmino scored a good goal, they lost their shape in the second half.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
I thought he looked quite good yesterday, needs to learn the offside rule though.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
If that was a Haaland it would've been a great performance according to you guys. Didn't see too much wrong from him today.
Behave :lol:

Dude isn't fit to lace even martials boots right now, don't even bother being Haaland into it :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Surprised more hasn't been said about this. He seems like a naive young chap.
Quite clearly has very thin skin. The Lukaku comparison was a shit one, but the one thing they both appear to have in common is that they really take criticism to heart.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Quite clearly has very thin skin. The Lukaku comparison was a shit one, but the one thing they both appear to have in common is that they really take criticism to heart.
I'm not even sure if it was a response to the criticism he's been receiving, it looked like he was doing it to the Arsenal fans, which makes him look even more of a muppet.

Chief123

I watched the whole game and couldn’t believe the excessive praise the Liverpool pundits were trying to give this guy. Jamie Redknapp and Barnes were making out that Nunez was excellent and the one huge positive from the game.

Yes he did well to score the goal, but other than that he barely did anything to influence the game in any way. There were numerous moments in the second half where Liverpool were chasing the game late on and they were trying to go more direct, but due to his poor control and technique it either bounced off him or he lost control and it ended up in a turnover. If they thought he was excellent all game, that’s even more worrying of their current standards. I don’t even remember him having another shot on goal.

Tony247

I watched the whole game and couldn’t believe the excessive praise the Liverpool pundits were trying to give this guy. Jamie Redknapp and Barnes were making out that Nunez was excellent and the one huge positive from the game.

Yes he did well to score the goal, but other than that he barely did anything to influence the game in any way. There were numerous moments in the second half where Liverpool were chasing the game late on and they were trying to go more direct, but due to his poor control and technique it either bounced off him or he lost control and it ended up in a turnover. If they thought he was excellent all game, that’s even more worrying of their current standards. I don’t even remember him having another shot on goal.
He had a shot before the goal. But that was very stupid. The angle was so tight there was no chance GK would let that in. A better striker would have crossed.

Chief123

He had a shot before the goal. But that was very stupid. The angle was so tight there was no chance GK would let that in. A better striker would have crossed.
If anything, it kind of highlights how terrible he has been the fact that the pundits were so excited by his performance yesterday. Even Klopp’s discussions about him when asked suggest Klopp feels they’ve probably paid way over the odds for someone who might not even fit in.

I said it at the beginning of the season and still believe it is impossible for Salah and Nunez to both be successful in the same team. It has to be one or the other. It’s probably one of the least complimentary partnerships in the league.

Manya.para.siempre

Crossed to who? There was only 1 more player in the box and he was tightly marked. You realise he took that shot looking for the keeper to give a rebound?

Tony247

Crossed to who? There was only 1 more player in the box and he was tightly marked. You realise he took that shot looking for the keeper to give a rebound?
Then wait till other players arrive or move yourself at a better angle. Why waste the move by shooting at the angle you cannot score? What purpose does it serve except adding useless stat of 'shots on goal'?

MegadrivePerson

I don’t see on what planet this guy is worth anywhere near the money paid.
It's a similar fee to what Newcastle paid for Isak or Spurs paid for Richarlison, we paid more for Antony, Chelsea paid similar for Sterling with one year left on his contract.

He's such an unorthodox player, drifts between looking like he will be world class to looking like he's never played football before!

I still find it weird that Liverpool paid all that money on a player that is essentially their new Divock Origi!

Last edited:

Amazing Santos

Dude isn't fit to lace even martials boots right now, don't even bother being Haaland into it :lol:
You joke, but considering Martial hurt his back he could do with someone lacing his boots. Not sure a latino Andy Carroll would be the best fit for it though.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's a similar fee to what Newcastle paid for Isak or Spurs paid for Richarlison, we paid more for Antony, Chelsea paid similar for Sterling with one year left on his contract.

He's such an orthodox player, drifts between looking like he will be world class to looking like he's never played football before!

I still find it weird that Liverpool paid all that money on a player that is essentially their new Divock Origi!
Nunez was the same as Antony (85m pounds/100 euros

Flexdegea

You took the words right out of my mouth. Nunez doesn't have a proper system around him. If Liverpool build it just around him, with players feeding him, he will feast just like Haaland. There's not much difference between them and Nunez even looks better outside of goalscoring.

You actually keeping this going too.

Are you the lad with the shaved ear brow who penned that Nunez song??

diarm

I get Lukaku vibes off this lad. Will bully small and lesser teams, but lacks real quality or technique and will go missing against the best sides.

FriedClams

His off the ball movement is pretty good to be fair to him, but his finishing leaves a lot to be desired. He’s the football equivalent of a ski jumper who looks fantastic all the way down the ramp and in the air, then wipes out on the landing.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
His off the ball movement is pretty good to be fair to him, but his finishing leaves a lot to be desired. He’s the football equivalent of a ski jumper who looks fantastic all the way down the ramp and in the air, then wipes out on the landing.
You forgot his first touch, its donkey like and will be a massive hindrance in his way to ever become a decent no9.

You either have a good first touch or you dont(or so I heard).