Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

padr81

Supports
Man City
One of the worst cameo's I've ever seen, no doubt theres a player in there but anyone else gets in 3 times in the last couple of minutes for Liverpool that finishes 4-0.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes but that's the obvious problem when he plays centrally when he's been hopless.

Out wide in that last part he at least showed he has skill to beat players with turn of pace so maybe that's something Klopp needs to look at for long run given how Mane and Salah worked incredibly well either side of a CF.
I think you forget he’s their 100m marquee signing. You expect a bit more than being strong and running in a straight line past defenders who have played 70+ mins of the match.

Chief123

Absolutely shocking decision making. How does he decide it’s better to take the man on in the 3 v 1 situation? :lol:

And then his chipped attempt was so bad it felt like the ref must have blown the whistle because it was so weird!

Chief123

He keeps making Chelsea's Lukaku blunder look like a decent signing.
At this point we should collectively apologise to Lukaku for the serious disrespect of bringing his name into a conversation with Nunez. There’s strikers in the bottom half of the league that are better than Nunez.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I reckon hes a decent poacher when liverpool dominate possession. has to play right up front in and around the six yard box.

terrible vision though. Salah was fuming with him for not passing in that 3 on 1.

A benefica supported basically said this, that his technique is terrible.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Will never understand what Klopp saw in him to sanction a €100m buy, looks out of his depth

He's like a war elephant in the sense that he'll always create havoc but you never know if it will be against your opponent or if he'll turn around and trample his own teammates.
:lol:

Pintu

Will never understand what Klopp saw in him to sanction a €100m buy, looks out of his depth

Klopp doesn't have the final say. They are supposed to have some highly qualified, extremely advanced and infallible scouting methods that involve some state-of-the-art data analysis.

:D:D

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
He actually affected the game more than Haaland
The goal he had no involvement in affected the game, he was at the receiving end of more space than anyone other than Salah had been afforded all game and made horrible decisions, 15 minute shitshow in my opinion

Tyrion

Liverpool had 3 good chances to finish the game and he messed all 3. I'm not going to say he's he's flop because people say that too early but he played really badly.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He's like a war elephant in the sense that he'll always create havoc but you never know if it will be against your opponent or if he'll turn around and trample his own teammates.

perfect

Last edited:

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Could not have put it any better. Brilliant description. :lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Scandalous not to pass in the counter when it 1v3 in the dippers favour.

Josh 76

The problem is, because he’s a 100m player, Klopp can’t really drop him for too long.
Their strongest front 3 does not include him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The problem is, because he’s a 100m player, Klopp can’t really drop him for too long.
Their strongest front 3 does not include him.
I don't hear much negativity in the press about a 100m signing who is not performing at all. Suddenly, they all prefer to give him time

Slevs

likes to play with penises
That was genuinely terrible. It was 3 on 1 and its not like the pass was even difficult. He literally didn't lift his head and check his options.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
That was genuinely terrible. It was 3 on 1 and its not like the pass was even difficult. He literally didn't lift his head and check his options.
I couldn't believe what was unfolding before my eyes. Then I realised it was a matter of technique (as mentioned above). He didn't release the ball with his weaker foot at the right time then he started over thinking it and taking extra touches. Which led him into a forced shot because everything had gone to shit by then.

He was worried if he messed the pass up Twitter would kill him. So he took all the wrong decisions. And now Twitter will kill him.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I like how he keeps finding himself in good situations all the time.

That was horrendous though. The 3 vs 1 was something any amateur forward should be able to execute. Then fluffed a dink before overhitting the low cross to TAA. In all cases, good actions up until he needs to release the ball at which point the Benny Hill theme might as well start playing.

He'll have opportunities to play himself into form with Jota out I suppose.

Castia

Comically bad player. Had one decent season in his career so far.

Benfica admitted themselves they couldn’t believe the bids they were receiving for him in the summer.

Will end up at Fiorentina or Valencia on loan within 18 months.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If he'd been a cheaper, under the radar, moneyball-style signing I'd think it could turn out to be a shrewd move. Given his physicality, workrate, movement, knack for getting chances and relatively young age there's definitely something to work with. Try to iron out as many weaknesses as you can with heavy coaching over the next couple of years and see if you can turn him into something.

Paying the price they did off the back of a season of inflated returns seems so insane at this point though. He just looks far, far too raw for that sort of investment. Even if he starts scoring a lot of goals, he's still clearly going to cause them issues in general play with his erratic touch and decision making.

We overpaid for Antony but at least in that case we were signing someone with fundamentally sound technique/workrate in a longstanding problem position who we knew for a fact suited the manager's approach. The risk in that case was that we'd pay too much for someone who would turn out to be no more than a functional squad player in the long run. The risk with the Nunez signing seems bigger than that.

Chief123

I reckon hes a decent poacher when liverpool dominate possession. has to play right up front in and around the six yard box.

terrible vision though. Salah was fuming with him for not passing in that 3 on 1.

A benefica supported basically said this, that his technique is terrible.
But he’s not a good poacher either. He misses the simplest of chances or makes a complete mess of them.

IceManFtw

Apart from the 3 vs 1 shambles i thought he played well

he won free kicks, he ran cancello ragged, he went past defenders on the wing and should have had an assist with the Trent chance

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
R/liverpoolfc still thinks he'll be an "absolute monster" next season.

mu4c_20le

he won free kicks, he ran cancello ragged, he went past defenders on the wing and should have had an assist with the Trent chance
Not that difficult, cancelo defending is dalot level

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Haaland was fine, not easy for him when both Gundogan and De Bruyne decides to stay at home :-(
Haaland got into the right positions to be fair. A header he would normally bury. Found space on the edge for a scuffed shot. And then the ball from Cancelo to an open goal tap in if not for VvD. It always seemed like there wasn't a player around a metre diameter of him each time.

But when happens when B Silva and De Bruyne get knackered from the world cup? Is Haaland not going to bring the party?

Irrational.

He’ll go on loan for about 2-3 years and then be sold for £50 million to Liverpool’s mates Bournemouth when they come up to play week in week out alongside the world class signings of Dominic Solanke and Jordon Ibe (also bought from Liverpool).

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

Me too. Made stuff happen. I wouldn't be writing him off just yet. Much as I enjoy the donkey narrative.