Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

Amazing Santos

I do think he fades in games he starts though. You could already see he'd disappeared in the game as the second half went on. Three goals in four isn't bad. I still think his touch and passing are horrendous. Decent pace, movement and an eye for goal.
He also plays without a brain, makes the wrong decisions in vital moments. He's very raw.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He definitely looks how someone like Van Dijk would look in attack, IMO.
Has Darwin made more league goals this year? Has he scored at all? I think Van Dyke made at least 1.

I love that pool signed Nunez though. Very easy to hate.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I mean Nunez hilariously missed and all, but can someone explain why Firminho didn’t just score there? I mean scoring from that position was probably 100 times easier then passing the ball but what do I know.
Valid question, but Firmino has always been extremely unselfish and they were already 1-0 up so it's not ridiculous that he'd try to make a ~50% scoring chance into a ~85% one.

FriedClams

I mean Nunez hilariously missed and all, but can someone explain why Firminho didn’t just score there? I mean scoring from that position was probably 100 times easier then passing the ball but what do I know.
Nunez position would have had a significantly higher xg

Andre Kagawa

Is that knobhead with the Nunez songs serious? He seems to be taking himself seriously with his singing

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Honestly I think the sheer amount of chances he seems to get bodes well for him. He'll be fine ultimately in terms of his own numbers. But his lack of ability will definitely hurt their team in other ways that don't make up for the numbers I think he'll eventually post.

Charles Miller

They are trying to boost his confidence because they know he can help them.

Judas

Open to offers
Honestly I think the sheer amount of chances he seems to get bodes well for him. He'll be fine ultimately in terms of his own numbers. But his lack of ability will definitely hurt their team in other ways that don't make up for the numbers I think he'll eventually post.
Pretty much. This is how I thought it would go before he'd kicked a ball for them. He'll get goals, but his overall play is so far away from what they'd ideally want and need.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
How many goals now in all comps? Must be closing in on double figures? And not even half way through the season. First season in a new league and missed a lot of games. Not bad at all. Hate to say it but I suspect there will be a lot of United fans with egg on their face by the end of this season.

Ollie Derbyshire

He’ll score enough goals to be classed as successful in the long run as that’s all that’ll be remembered but he’ll miss easy chances in games or break down chances that’ll ultimately cost them in my opinion.

Red00012

How many goals now in all comps? Must be closing in on double figures? And not even half way through the season. First season in a new league and missed a lot of games. Not bad at all. Hate to say it but I suspect there will be a lot of United fans with egg on their face by the end of this season.
Especially the guy who said he’d do better than Haaland

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's a donkey, for 100 mil he's an absolute clown.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lukaku has always scored goals (except last season at Chelsea) but it never stopped him from being clusmy and funny on the ball

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he'll come good. He's young, adapting to a very different league, put in a team that has somehow completely lost its identity.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
5 goals 1 assist in competitive matches; total 605 minutes.

Also averaging 17 total pass attempts per 90 minutes. He is fundamentally a poor fit for any ambitious side.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
According to the BBC he's got 6 goals and 1 assist (I'm assuming the extra goal is the Community Shield game). Averaging 106 minutes per goal currently and 0.85 goals per 90 minutes. It's not a bad output.

He does miss some sitters though.

Red00012

I’ve already got egg on my face over that. So Nunez scoring a lot of goals between now and the end of the season would have the opposite effect. I don’t think you’ve thought this through.
He’s scored 5 goals and missed a hell of a lot more , throw in the fact he even looks awkward on the ball . I think I’m safe enough.