Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

He'sRaldo

Raw, but got himself in good positions a couple of times which is most important for a striker.

The worry will be him improving his finishing/final ball.

Lewnited

Physically he doesn't really fit in to the mould of forward they've had over the past few years. Will be interesting to see what Klopp does with him over the course of the season.

MUFC OK

Physically he doesn't really fit in to the mould of forward they've had over the past few years. Will be interesting to see what Klopp does with him over the course of the season.
Fair assessment, both they and City have gone for a big number 9 in the summer. It's probably about having variety with next seasons schedule and potentially a huge number of games.

Blood Mage

Dangerous to write him off this early but it is clear to see that his technique is way off what you'd expect from a world class forward.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Fair assessment, both they and City have gone for a big number 9 in the summer. It's probably about having variety with next seasons schedule and potentially a huge number of games.
Problem is can either justify rotating them with the huge outlay on both players?

I don't think anyone else is in the position to catch them in the short term but I can see a drop off in team performance even if the two big money forwards get the goals, if either pull a Lukaku then....

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Strange one because not only is the jury out on his ability but his style really doesn’t seem to suit Liverpool either they’ll lose the dynamic of a Mane, Salah and Dias attacking line.

I think if Liverpool should have gone for Rafinha in place of Mane.
I feel they're recruitment team have uncharacteristically panicked at City signing Haaland but time will tell.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Remind me of Mane and Salah aged 23?

If he stays fit he’ll score 20 goals in the league.
Presume you’ll have seen a lot more of him but from a lot of clips I’ve seen, seemed to play more like an inside left (rather than down the middle)?

Where do you see him playing if all fit? Thought Dias was the wide left player.

MUFC OK

Problem is can either justify rotating them with the huge outlay on both players?

I don't think anyone else is in the position to catch them in the short term but I can see a drop off in team performance even if the two big money forwards get the goals, if either pull a Lukaku then....
Both teams likely to play close to 60 games next season. Congestion will also be crazy with the world cup mid season. No one will play every game surely?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Both teams likely to play close to 60 games next season. Congestion will also be crazy with the world cup mid season. No one will play every game surely?
No but you would imagine Haaland and Nunez are locks for games of any significance when fit, especially the former.

Although they are ofcourse a threat in themselves my biggest fear when we play those two teams is getting absolutely strangled out of the contest by intense and on point pressing (happened big time at home to City last season), my worry is now significantly eased facing City and Liverpool sides with those players leading the line.

Although they are ofcourse a threat in themselves my biggest fear when we play those two teams is getting absolutely strangled out of the contest by intense pressing (happened big time at home to City last season), my worry is now significantly eased facing City and Liverpool sides with those players leading the line.
Mine isn’t. Haaland and especially Nunez are extremely intense pressers. Big reason why they were both in demand. Both absolutely rapid for their size and make intense defensive and offensive runs.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Presume you’ll have seen a lot more of him but from a lot of clips I’ve seen, seemed to play more like an inside left (rather than down the middle)?

Where do you see him playing if all fit? Thought Dias was the wide left player.
No I haven’t, just the two games of Benfica against us last season :lol:

A guy who knows how to score goals in our offense, will score goals though. He’ll do just that imo, fair enough if he doesn’t. But I see the pitchforks are out for him already due to his fee, if he doesn’t hit the ground running (and that’s a real possibility of course) he’ll be crucified on here. We’ll see how it goes.

Telsim

I had my doubts about him when we were linked to him, and he will never justify his price tag, but drawing conclusions on a single friendly game and his first ever for Liverpool is insane.

Faetheshire86

In the guy's defence... he's not going to be coming up against someone as good as Eric Baily every week

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'd be missing open goals wearing that horrendous kit too, it's enough to put anyone off.

No but in all seriousness, he is the biggest flop of the season and a big chaotic lump.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Bit touchy sweetheart.
give him a break. they’ve only won a couple of tin pot cups the past year or so. they desperately wanted the big one today but it was a hurdle too far and they’re hurting.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No but you would imagine Haaland and Nunez are locks for games of any significance when fit, especially the former.

Although they are ofcourse a threat in themselves my biggest fear when we play those two teams is getting absolutely strangled out of the contest by intense and on point pressing (happened big time at home to City last season), my worry is now significantly eased facing City and Liverpool sides with those players leading the line.
You're less worried about City now they've got a potential generational talent up front for them?
Did you fear them more with Jesus, Sterling or Foden hanging out there!?