Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I had my doubts about him when we were linked to him, and he will never justify his price tag, but drawing conclusions on a single friendly game and his first ever for Liverpool is insane.
You'll be saying us smashing them today isn't as clear a guarantee as you'll get that we'll have a brilliant season next.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
give him a break. they’ve only won a couple of tin pot cups the past year or so. they desperately wanted the big one today but it was a hurdle too far and they’re hurting.
Although at least you could say they're consistent in not scoring goals in finals.

Paul_Scholes18

Klopp has a way to turn average players into world class so he sadly finds a way.

I do not think he was worth that money though and had we bought him I would not be happy with that for that sum over other signings.

marktan

There was that Chelsea fan earlier in the thread that goes to Benfica games and said Darwin's game isn't that good and that Pool were badly overpaying.

Could be a worse season than expected if this signing and the Mane sale don't work out.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I told you guys….. Benfica players = Hype

He is nowhere near worth the money liverpool paid.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Was there not multiple Benfica and Uruguay-supporters in here claiming (when Man Utd was interested) that he is not good enough? Anyone remember any of those posts?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think hes going to be great. You can quote me on that

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We'll see how he does when the season starts. Klopp sometimes eases signings in so Nunez might not even start early on. Might see Jota up top with Salah and Diaz either side.

He's going to play some football this season. You can quote me on that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We'll see how he does when the season starts. Klopp sometimes eases signings in so Nunez might not even start early on. Might see Jota up top with Salah and Diaz either side.

Not the ‘galacticos’. Didn’t VVD and Allison immediately start and play every game?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

What is general opinion about him among Pool fans?

allen7

Its always going to be difficult when you’re carrying the “100 million” tag. This is also another reason we should not overpay Martinez otherwise he’ll struggle to find some form.
Good luck to Nunez but he’s going to be bullied by some mid table team defenders for sure.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Klopp famously quoted he became fan of him after his performances against them. May be liverpool game suited him more with plenty of space to attack.

I just didn't see he has close control to work in this league. Admittedly I watched very few games in cl alone. So don't know what I assumed was right or not about him.

Chief123

Klopp famously quoted he became fan of him after his performances against them. May be liverpool game suited him more with plenty of space to attack.

I just didn't see he has close control to work in this league. Admittedly I watched very few games in cl alone. So don't know what I assumed was right or not about him.
I’m calling it now. He’s going to be a flop. Especially against most teams in league who will sit back.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Again its 30 mins of pre season with about 2 weeks training and settling in time.

I bet you're a right laugh at parties aren't you....that's if you even get invited to them. BAZINGA
If those parties are filled with people who use the term "bazinga" I'm probably not missing much to be fair.

Chief123

To be fair it would be the worst transfer ever if he didn’t, after what he cost.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
There was that Chelsea fan earlier in the thread that goes to Benfica games and said Darwin's game isn't that good and that Pool were badly overpaying.

Could be a worse season than expected if this signing and the Mane sale don't work out.
@TheMagicFoolBus was the man I think?
Yep that was me. He's not an Andy Carroll as has been thrown around this thread in my opinion - he's less of a target man than his stature suggests. Everything about him to me just screams a right-footed Lukaku but one who is actually an even worse passer (albeit with better work-rate) - best used on the break and not technically proficient enough in tight areas against deep-lying defenses.

Just again to reiterate - he's literally never even averaged 15 passes per game for Benfica, a team that usually has at least 65% of the ball in the league here. In many ways to me he is the absolute polar opposite of Firmino - no clue how Klopp is planning to adjust to get him in.