Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I understand people's worries about how he'll do against deeper massed defences where sharpness of touch in tight spaces becomes more important.

But consider this - do we want to only have one way of breaking defences down? Sometimes a physical hustling forward making constant darting runs can occupy defenders and open gaps for others. Or he can bundle in a cross ahead of his marker. Or score a header. Tippy tappy isn't always the way. That's why City bought Haaland - sometimes you need other ways.

And that's not even taking into account how useful he'd be when we are forced deep and need to retain a threat on the counter.
Plan should be in place first. And Plan B should usually not be exorbitant.

Conor

That video is fairly astounding for 1 season, I genuinely don't think Lukaku had that many bad touches in a season, and he drove us mad.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
How wide are we talking? Some 21/22 highlights, enjoy.

This is such a dumb argument. Ruud used to miss loads of chances, Van Persie had some excellent bloopers too, Rooney would go through runs of games where his touch was poor, totally useless for us they were eh?

hobbers

Those lowlights are definitely on a par with Lukaku and Welbeck. Scary bad touch.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Yep that touch is simply not gonna work in the PL. He will be a very big risk at that price point, is he even the type of striker we need in our expected system?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Bayern, Liverpool, and Ten Hag want him, but some of the Caf don't and some prefer Richarlison.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Found this on Twitter… some stats compared to Haaland (presumably as Haaland is the no.1 and comparisons to him gives some perspective). Just posting for info….

Doesn't matter, people have already made their minds up on him.

Yes the youtube video makes him look bad but across a full season it's really not that much.

It seems it's his only real weakness so i'm more than happy to put up with that if he's banging goals regularly.

Tavern in the town

Paul Joyce who’s tier 1 for Liverpool has confirmed they’re interested in signing him so I’ve done a u-turn on my opinion of him. Liverpool’s scouting doesn’t miss.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Meh, not been impressed at all tonight. Completely anonymous against the second string neckline for the US.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
To counter balance the 2min video of his bad touches...

There's enough in there to tell me he'd make it in the PL, whether he can become a proper top class striker is the real question. But he scores a lot of headers and uses his body very well imo. He scores messy goals too, which personally I think is a good thing, as a top striker should be able to score pretty and messy goals imo.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They sign duds like everyone else but they’ve never spent decent money on an attacker who didn’t work out under Klopp. Salah, Mane, Jota and Diaz is 4/4.
Well everything comes to an end eventually , so let's see.
Also minamino didn't really hit the ground running either.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He was a 7m punt, I’m talking about players they go big on. Nunez would cost 60 odd million.
Fair enough, however him suiting klopp's play style doesn't necessarily mean he'll do the same for ten hag.
Anyway I'm in the fence with this kid , midfield is a bigger priority in my opinion as well so wouldn't particularly mind if if we lost this kid in expense for improving our spine.

Dominos

Fair enough, however him suiting klopp's play style doesn't necessarily mean he'll do the same for ten hag.
Anyway I'm in the fence with this kid , midfield is a bigger priority in my opinion as well so wouldn't particularly mind if if we lost this kid in expense for improving our spine.
I don't think people are looking at our attack with their eyes open.

We'll be down to 3 senior attacking players at the start of the season - Sancho, Ronaldo and Rashford. That's assuming Martial will leave who's a waste of space anyway. We'll end up relying on a bunch of kids like Elanga, Amad, Pellistri. And it's not just a depth issue, I mean, Sancho hasn't hit the ground running, Ronaldo's 38 and Rashford didn't look interested all season.

A team who competes in all competitions should really be aiming to have 2 senior players per position, in an ideal world we should have 6 options for the 3 attacking positions and youth options on top of that. The idea that we should just forget about our attack is absurd to me. We're lacking in both depth and quality.

Dr. StrangeHate

Some of those will do my head in. Is it too much to expect someone as reliable as Robin Van Persie was, in terms of both build up play and finishing?
Considering Van Persie is only below Benzema and Lewandowski on the striker level, I would say it is too much to expect.

Tavern in the town

I don't think people are looking at our attack with their eyes open.

We'll be down to 3 senior attacking players at the start of the season - Sancho, Ronaldo and Rashford. That's assuming Martial will leave who's a waste of space anyway. We'll end up relying on a bunch of kids like Elanga, Amad, Pellistri. And it's not just a depth issue, I mean, Sancho hasn't hit the ground running, Ronaldo's 38 and Rashford didn't look interested all season.

A team who competes in all competitions should really be aiming to have 2 senior players per position, in an ideal world we should have 6 options for the 3 attacking positions and youth options on top of that. The idea that we should just forget about our attack is absurd to me. We're lacking in both depth and quality.
Completely agree. I did a thread on why attack should be our priority this window and got shot down, people are in for a nasty shock next season.

NoPace

Obviously we need an attacker, but the only reason why I can think that Ten Hag is fine spending so much of the budget on Nunez is that he thinks we won't be able to force teams defensive line deep enough for us to actually pass the ball in defence and midfield with the current crop of players unless teams are terrified of someone like Nunez running behind them and getting into the channels and running at them.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
0 goals in his last 7 international games. Overall 2 goals in 11 games for Uruguay. Is he really the forward we should put our big money on, when we are on limited budget?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Paul Joyce who’s tier 1 for Liverpool has confirmed they’re interested in signing him so I’ve done a u-turn on my opinion of him. Liverpool’s scouting doesn’t miss.
They sign duds like everyone else but they’ve never spent decent money on an attacker who didn’t work out under Klopp. Salah, Mane, Jota and Diaz is 4/4.
He was a 7m punt, I’m talking about players they go big on. Nunez would cost 60 odd million.
More specifically Joyce said they were interested in him but will not pursue him at any cost. And that search for value is part of what makes their transfer recruitment so efficient. They've only spent over 50m three times and of those three players two are arguably the best in the world in their positions.

Whether they would deem Nunez worthy of the sort of 60m fee you quote remains to be seen. Price matters, a lot.

Zapata

I’m not sure he’s the type of player we need but if ten hag wants him and believes he can work in his system then by all means they should get him.

Blood Mage

He's not very good and it would be worrying if we blew most of our budget on him.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
0 goals in his last 7 international games. Overall 2 goals in 11 games for Uruguay. Is he really the forward we should put our big money on, when we are on limited budget?
I've been saying it for a while. Many on here scoff at Pellistri's performances for the NT ("only Venezuela/Peru/Mexico") but Nuñez looks bang average in the same team against the same oppo.

Last move of the game, a counter, should be his cup of tee, one on one with the keeper... and makes a hospital pass through two defenders and behind Cavani. Lack of composure, idiotic decision-making, terrible execution, all in one move. Good thing they are just friendlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.