Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

So glad we are missing out on him. He will do well at Liverpool though. Very much a Klopp player.

Let’s get our other attacking target.

jesperjaap

Not because another club especially Liverpool looks like posibly getting him, not sad to miss out.

Price is way too high and though seen little, not convinced he is anywhere as special as cracked up to be, will get goals anywhere for sure....so does Lukaku

No links with anybody, AMine Giouri probably £40-50m is far more talented, he would be my target

Betson

Liverpool let Origi go and it seems he had better technique than this bloke!
Klopp must be losing it.
Watch Nunez tear up the league now and become the top the striker worth at least twice what the buy him for , Klopp does not get much wrong.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Not because another club especially Liverpool looks like posibly getting him, not sad to miss out.

Price is way too high and though seen little, not convinced he is anywhere as special as cracked up to be, will get goals anywhere for sure....so does Lukaku

No links with anybody, AMine Giouri probably £40-50m is far more talented, he would be my target
Seems like the hipsters' choice these days - how many of you can possibly have been watching OGC Nice games on a regular basis? :lol:

Seven Seas Sardines

Watch Nunez tear up the league now and become the top the striker worth at least twice what the buy him for , Klopp does not get much wrong.
That'd definitely be the case with Nkunku if Klopp got him. Nuñez thrives in spaces to counter, won't be the case in 90% of their games where he'll fumble one-twos in tight spaces.

Tavern in the town

"Ronaldo can warm the bench"

"if we really assist on playing him"

the inflammatory language as if United are doing Ronaldo a favour :lol:

you make it seem like Ronaldo is in Rashford or Maguire form and had 100 chances already.. Ronaldo just won our player of the season in his 1st season back and you want to bench him at the start of the season. Madman! I'm all for healthy competition but Ronaldo because of what he did last season and the goals he scored deserves to start the season for Manchester United at 37 years old or not. Age is just a number for GOAT sportsman like Ronaldo they defy age. Michael Jordan thought he could play until he was 50 years old.

he's doing United a favour by staying when United are in the Europa League

if you think Darwin Nunez and his Lukaku-Esque trampoline touch is keeping statistically the greatest goal-scorer of all-time and a GOAT of the game out the team you are sadly mistaken.. Ten Hag isn't stupid he knows his onions and where his bread is buttered... But time will prove me or you right!

what United need is a young striker who costs around £30-£40M who can play second fiddle to Ronaldo next season.

I don't think United are even in for Nunez I think it's just agent talk. But time will tell.
I’ve said it before but you just can’t rationalise with fanboys. If “age is just a number for the GOAT” why isn’t he still scoring 50 goals a season? You know, like he used to do when he was younger?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I’ve said it before but you just can’t rationalise with fanboys. If “age is just a number for the GOAT” why isn’t he still scoring 50 goals a season? You know, like he used to do when he was younger?
Maybe because he was playing for one of the best teams in the world back then and now he's playing for a team that scored 57 goals all season in the league.

Baxter

Be a lot of bed-wetting if he does go to Liverpool, but I'd be glad if United stayed away if the fee is around £80m.

Tavern in the town

Maybe because he was playing for one of the best teams in the world back then and now he's playing for a team that scored 57 goals all season in the league.
If he could actually still score 50 goals a season don’t you think better teams than us would’ve been in for him when he left Juventus? There are quite a few teams that could do with a 50 goal a season forward.

Dante

Average bang
To be honest, any transfer news out of Portugal should be taken with a mountain of salt.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if neither United nor Liverpool were interested. If this was the 2010s, he'd probably follow the same route as Hulk and end up in Russia after being linked with every top team in Europe.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If he could actually still score 50 goals a season don’t you think better teams than us would’ve been in for him when he left Juventus? There are quite a few teams that could do with a 50 goal a season forward.
Wasn't City in for him as well? Who else would you suggest? Bayern with Lewandowski, PSG with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe? No other team would realistically been able to afford him, nor would he have been interested in joining them.

Tavern in the town

Wasn't City in for him as well? Who else would you suggest? Bayern with Lewandowski, PSG with Messi, Neymar and Mbappe? No other team would realistically been able to afford him, nor would he have been interested in joining them.
Fair enough, I guess we were the only ones who could afford him. But do you seriously think playing in a better team would make Ronaldo become the 50 goal forward he used to be? Or is it more likely he’s actually not as good as he used to be because he’s 37.

Seven Seas Sardines

To be honest, any transfer news out of Portugal should be taken with a mountain of salt.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if neither United nor Liverpool were interested. If this was the 2010s, he'd probably follow the same route as Hulk and end up in Russia after being linked with every top team in Europe.
Welcome to last week mate, all the biggest Liverpool journos have now gone out saying they're really interested. Don't try and kill the only positive news of the silly season so far.

BlueHaze

I don't think he's even remotely good enough for that fee has had one good season in portuguese league that said I'm almost 100% sure he'd develop very good under the scouse swamp monster. No one thought Mane, Salah or heck, even VVD would become that good but Klopp just has that special thing about him being capable of bringing the absolute max out of even average players.

He did it at Dortmund too. Many players who shone under him become utter trash once he left.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Was last season his breakthrough, or was he smashing it before?

If its the former, that price tag is just ludicrous. Liverpool can have hin

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Fair enough, I guess we were the only ones who could afford him. But do you seriously think playing in a better team would make Ronaldo become the 50 goal forward he used to be? Or is it more likely he’s actually not as good as he used to be because he’s 37.
It's just a bit of both probably, he'd have scored more goals at Liverpool at City but he's not the top 2 player in the world anymore like he used to be.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Really torn on this one.

I don't think he justifies his price tag, but then I have absolutely no idea who else we would get to fill this problem area in the squad.

Jesus is available but would never come here, and Nkunku is even more of a risk than Nunez in my opinion. Richarlison? Can he play as a striker effectively?

Personally, I can't see Nunez' fee being that much higher than someone like Richarlison's, so would probably make a move. If the Scouse are really keen, he's clearly got something about him.

Also - if Haller can fit the bill in an ETH system, then I have no doubt Nunez can.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
There's no way we're spending 80-85m on a guy who's had one good season in Portugal.

Jibbs

It is still a rumor and salty comments are pouring in. We could still land this guy but it appears that striker is not the priority currently. We might get Raphinha though.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
You spent 45+15m on a guy with one good half-season from the same league.
I might be mistaken, but I thought he had two good seasons. In any case, can’t see us paying 80+ million for Nunez.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
There might be some wisdom in saving the cash for Nkunku next season while pumping up Martial/Rashford values for potential sales.

youmeletsfly

There might be some wisdom in saving the cash for Nkunku next season while pumping up Martial/Rashford values for potential sales.
There might be, but we need some players this summer otherwise next summer players won't join again because of Europa League.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I am excited about this. Will be very interesting to see how him and Diaz will change our attacking dynamic next season.

TAA should like this guy.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
There's no way we're spending 80-85m on a guy who's had one good season in Portugal.
The fact United are targeting him should already be a huge red flag.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
It is still a rumor and salty comments are pouring in. We could still land this guy but it appears that striker is not the priority currently. We might get Raphinha though.
IMO, signing Raphinha to start at RW and just rolling with Ronaldo at CF with Rashford as his backup would be a much smarter move than signing Nunez for huge money and trying to jam him and Ronaldo into the same team.

You don't commit to an overpriced and overhyped CF that might turn out to be a bad system fit, you get a very dynamic, technical left-footed RW to be a building block for the next five years, you get a chance to see whether Rashford is salvageable or whether he needs moving on, and then you can go big on a CF next summer when there are hopefully better options available and you also have a better sense of how the rest of the team is developing.

Kaos

This might come back to haunt me, but I'd personally be delighted if Liverpool essentially end up swapping Mane/Salah for Nunez for £80million.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
IMO, signing Raphinha to start at RW and just rolling with Ronaldo at CF with Rashford as his backup would be a much smarter move than signing Nunez for huge money and trying to jam him and Ronaldo into the same team.

You don't commit to an overpriced and overhyped CF that might turn out to be a bad system fit, you get a very dynamic, technical left-footed RW to be a building block for the next five years, you get a chance to see whether Rashford is salvageable or whether he needs moving on, and then you can go big on a CF next summer when there are hopefully better options available and you also have a better sense of how the rest of the team is developing.
Rashford isn't a CF though.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Rashford isn't a CF though.
He has played there in the past, more than Mane or Jota had played CF before Klopp started playing them there.

I'm not saying Rashford is the long-term answer but its just a backup role for a season and there is value in trying to see if his career can be salvaged for United. If he is only a LW then you might as well sell him now given that Sancho seems likely ensconced there.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He has played there in the past, more than Mane or Jota had played CF before Klopp started playing them there.

I'm not saying Rashford is the long-term answer but its just a backup role for a season and there is value in trying to see if his career can be salvaged for United. If he is only a LW then you might as well sell him now given that Sancho seems likely ensconced there.
Well, this is exactly what I'd do if there's teams offering £40m+ for him. I'm confident we'd get a better CF for less money than we'd get for Rashford. Or a better RW, which we also need.

It's been generally accepted on here that Rashford is a poor CF unless playing on the counter. He's a very poor mans Jamie Vardy in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.