Dave Kitson ready to take charge at PFA

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So, yesterday Kitson announced 101 questions he would like the PFA to answer to and outlined his intentions to become head of the PFA.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52489649

Ex-Reading, Stoke and Portsmouth striker Dave Kitson says he is "ready" to lead the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA).

Gordon Taylor is the current head of the PFA, which has been criticised for its coronavirus response.

"The fact that certain individual Premier League players and the captains of the Premier League clubs - under the banner of the ‘#PlayersTogether’ initiative - felt the need to act independently of the PFA... is nothing short of embarrassing," said Kitson.

"This has strengthened my belief that I can no longer personally sit idly by and do nothing."

Taylor, who has held his PFA role since 1981, says he will stand down as chief executive following an independent review into the players' union.

"I have been troubled by the breadth of criticism leveled at the PFA over the past 12 months from both the mainstream media and, in particular in recent months, from a number of esteemed colleagues against whom I’ve either played or otherwise hold in the highest regard," said Kitson.

"To know both that our union has had to invite an independent review into its governance by Sport Resolutions and is subject to a parallel review by the Charity Commission is obviously very alarming."

Kitson, who also played for Cambridge United, Sheffield United and Oxford United, added: "As a first step, I am posing a set of 101 questions to the PFA that I believe should be in the minds of all members who care that our union best serves us all and will continue to do so in the future.

"The questions are intended to start a debate about how we shape the future of the union.

"I am ready, willing and able to lead the PFA and bring about the much-needed reform of its structure, operations and practices."
This is the same bloke that said this:

and thought it was okay to post this on his instagram -

I imagine ex-players aren't part of the instituion anymore and can't be fined or banned? If they can they should laugh at him and give him a hefty fine as he's clearly got an underlying racist agenda. Rank.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Assistant regional head of the PFA?

RyRy11

I would have thought they would want someone actually relevant to take charge?

ZupZup

Then he can write a book after... "The Secret Head of the PFA".

Acole9

Outstanding
So, yesterday Kitson announced 101 questions he would like the PFA to answer to and outlined his intentions to become head of the PFA.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52489649

This is the same bloke that said this:

and thought it was okay to post this on his instagram -

I imagine ex-players aren't part of the instituion anymore and can't be fined or banned? If they can they should laugh at him and give him a hefty fine as he's clearly got an underlying racist agenda. Rank.
Jesus! That's pretty bad.

Patchbeard

He was the "Secret Footballer" 'columnist' as far as I'm aware, heard from a friend that the book was interesting so bought it for beach holiday reading. I wouldn't extend the recommendation.

Embarrassing if he gets the position, but would pretty much reflect the attitude towards racism we've seen in English football

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm assuming the picture of "Welbeck" isn't a genuine error, and is his idea of humour?
It's funny, I do a work fantasy league, and did a lookalike for everyone in the league. One was a guy who actually looked a fair bit like Welbeck.

In this context, along with all of his other "Mistakes"or black lookalikes, he clearly looks like he has a "all look the same" sinister motive. Very worrying.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Careful now. Down with this sort of thing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He was the "Secret Footballer" 'columnist' as far as I'm aware, heard from a friend that the book was interesting so bought it for beach holiday reading. I wouldn't extend the recommendation.
He had a short lived column in the S*N about a year ago and was basically repeating the stories from TSF word for word so assume that was his way of outing himself without actually saying it was him!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The one where he compares some random black guy in his local Tesco to welbeck was worse. He’s just staring at the camera baffled as Kitson takes a picture. It’s really weird.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Nope. Has loads on his profile. Also refers to Ashley Cole as Bosingwa etc.
Even if you are the most racist person ever you can't swap Cole with Bosingwa, it's an insult to any decent fullback who does any defending.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Years ago in the late 2000s I was invited by my United mate to see you play Reading away. This was quite soon after Kitson's drink driving story had surfaced. We were quite near the pitch and there was a bloke next to me shouting "KITSON YER FOOKIN PISS 'ED" whenever he got near us. Funny day that.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He basically did what he criticised Sterling for doing. Except Kitson was in his mid/late 30s here, and Sterling was a teenager.

His Talksport rant might as well have opened with "I'm not racist, but" because you can only make a target of yourself on social media if you're black, it seems.

Precaution

He basically did what he criticised Sterling for doing. Except Kitson was in his mid/late 30s here, and Sterling was a teenager.

His Talksport rant might as well have opened with "I'm not racist, but" because you can only make a target of yourself on social media if you're black, it seems.
Criminal that a severely shite player as Kitson can earn enough to have a millionaire lifestyle with super cars, madness

Acole9

Outstanding
He's got no chance of getting in, doesn't seem like that many respect him in football.

Art Vandelay

Suppose it depends on if those posts were before or after he made the comments. He could be talking from experience where he got a load of abuse for doing such things.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Suppose it depends on if those posts were before or after he made the comments. He could be talking from experience where he got a load of abuse for doing such things.
He could be. Though if he is speaking from experience, I think he should mention that he made the same mistake. He aims it all at Sterling and the posts that he supposedly made when he was younger.

Though Kitson's whole Instagram feed is obnoxious, and he seems to be purposefully trying to wind people up all the time. He seems an odd fella.

Brightonian

Ugh I was happy having forgotten this prick ever existed. Attention-seeking nobody whose career basically consisted of carrying Kevin Doyle's kit around for him for a few years.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Kitson in 2010

Kitson in 2020

Kitson in 2030?

Art Vandelay

He could be. Though if he is speaking from experience, I think he should mention that he made the same mistake. He aims it all at Sterling and the posts that he supposedly made when he was younger.

Though Kitson's whole Instagram feed is obnoxious, and he seems to be purposefully trying to wind people up all the time. He seems an odd fella.
I can't argue there, he's a strange dude.