g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

David de Gea | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

gza the genius

The Lindegaard injury was a blessing in disguise. This is what De Gea has needed, I long run in the team. Hopefully De Gea stays our number one after Lindegaard returns and Sir Alex stops the rotation nonsense.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Just annoys me, the guy at Asnl has made a few blunders this season but people keep talking about him being a up and comer, De Gea is the same age but people are expecting instant success and ignoring any future potential. Granted the price tag may be a indicator to people in the media we wanted someone who we thought was exactly like VdS but we were buying in the hopes he would become the next VdS.

I mean, if De Gea was as good as VdS now then he'd be one hell of a keeper in his prime!
VDS was pretty much faultless in his last few years, and DDG is twenty years his junior. That's a Hell of a lot of experience difference. I'm sure even the likes of VDS and Buffon had their moments when they were younger.

The thing with DDG is that he has an excellent temperament to be able to handle playing in such an important position at the biggest club in the world. He has an old head on young shoulders. Better than Casillas at the same age imo.

Eirik Raude

Today he was flawless in goal, apart from his distribution, which was dire compared to his usual standards. Still, good to see he's able to act like a boss and deal with crosses as well.

OneUnited24

VDS was pretty much faultless in his last few years, and DDG is twenty years his junior. That's a Hell of a lot of experience difference. I'm sure even the likes of VDS and Buffon had their moments when they were younger.

The thing with DDG is that he has an excellent temperament to be able to handle playing in such an important position at the biggest club in the world. He has an old head on young shoulders. Better than Casillas at the same age imo.
A hell of a statement to make! I was too young to remember Casillas at a similar age but if its true then we really have a hell of a prospect on our hands... Which anyone whos watched him more than a minute should be able to tell

Jonno

A hell of a statement to make! I was too young to remember Casillas at a similar age but if its true then we really have a hell of a prospect on our hands... Which anyone whos watched him more than a minute should be able to tell
Casillas is quite a good comparison to make with De Gea as they are similar types of goalkeepers, I remember Casillas being similar and making quite a few high profile errors, and many said he was part to blame for their well known frailties in defence when they had their amazing flair up front.

As a United fan I am very pleased to see Fergie sign David De Gea but I would have liked to see maybe Brad Friedel brought in to add solidarity to the position for earlier in this season where we were clearly lost without VDS

Cold_Boy

Briliant today.

MOTM.

Not only saves but was pretty confident for crosses as well.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Casillas is quite a good comparison to make with De Gea as they are similar types of goalkeepers, I remember Casillas being similar and making quite a few high profile errors, and many said he was part to blame for their well known frailties in defence when they had their amazing flair up front.

As a United fan I am very pleased to see Fergie sign David De Gea but I would have liked to see maybe Brad Friedel brought in to add solidarity to the position for earlier in this season where we were clearly lost without VDS
Brad Freidel who is the same age give or take as Van Der Sar? No thanks. We have the greatest young goalkeeper in the world at the minute.

Commadus

For me his greatest asset is his attitude - he is calm and efficient and gets over errors with little fuss. Some outstanding talents have been let down by poor attitudes ie - quaresma. Some less than stellar players make it up with their attitude - ie gattuso.

Truly world class players have the talent and attitude. I think DDG is headed in this direction.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His catching was much improved today, he didnt look scared to get clattered either today which i have thought he looked a little nervous for at times.

I think his confidence is now up in general, and feels perhaps more comfortable with a settled defence once again.

I dont think its a coincidence his form has raised since hes had the same central defence infront of him for 5 games or so now.

Devilton

He's going to be immense for us...the quality is there, he just needs to bulk up a little (which will happen over the summer)

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The two games vs Ajax gave him so much confidence and he suddenly like one of the greatest young keepers in europe again! Hope his form continues

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I missed the game live today. I just watched MOTM. What a performance from the lad! What you gotta say about that performance Goldenballs, you pillock!

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Casillas was definitely a bit dodgy at that age. He wasn't in the Real side, Cesar was.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Where is Ihabx7? Forget about the Nani video and make one with De Gea's save from the beginning of the year, please!

Relevated

I wonder what was running through Lindergaard's mind watching him play today.
If I was at home watching De Gea then I certainly wouldnt want him to feck up, Lindegaard is a keeper himself and knows how hard it is for another keeper to make a mistake and recover especially if they are young.

When I play football (i used to be keeper, a pretty good one haha) I used to love playing but made mistakes and never recovered from those. Then I went down the pecking order and you just have to admire the keeper who overtakes you because its such a beautiful position to participate in and when you see someone fly in goal its a really good sight!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Saw his full potential today (and past few games).

Some have been way too critical of him. He is a very young talent for a goalkeeper, playing in a league whose style of football he has come across, against players whm he has never ever played against, at grounds and within atmospheres he has never known, living out of his home country for the first ever time, faced with language, cultural and geographical challenges, playing in front of a defence that has been ever changing, being rotated every once in a while. Give the guy a break.

If we remain competitive and challenge for trophies every year, ensure we get the right manager post SAF ( :( )there is no reason why he cant be our keeper for the next decade and beyond (as well as for his native Spain). With Jones, Smalling, Evans and the twins in front of him, together, they will all grow together and develop a telepathic understanding. Like SAF said, by the beginning of season 3 for us (2014), he will be out of this world. Already he has shown glimpses of his huge latent potential.

Just need to ensure we keep the 2 Spanish teams well away from him! Keep developing son and we should tie him down to a long long contract.

Relevated

If we remain competitive and challenge for trophies every year, ensure we get the right manager post SAF ( :( )
So much people say that Fergie is making this team for the next manager and when you think about it that way its heartbreaking to know Fergie wont see out the full potential of this team but I hope and think he will.

mjs020294

He was very good today. In fact he is getting better every week. He is going to be a fantastic keeper for a very long time.

That drop against West Brom still gets me. The only thing that stopped us getting a 100% home record last season!

Nathan

Fantastic performance, just what we needed. Agree with Sir Alex, without him Rio and Evans we would have been beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.