David de Gea | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
It has to be I'm afraid, as I didn't see yesterday's game. But as I've said before, I sincerely hope that he proves me wrong.
Not meaning to pin point you, as it is your opinion which is fair enough i suppose, but i do wonder if the other guy (maroonpondlife) saw the game and what his opinion is these days.

goldenballs

Victoria's secret
Not meaning to pin point you, as it is your opinion which is fair enough i suppose, but i do wonder if the other guy (maroonpondlife) saw the game and what his opinion is these days.
I'm quite open to debate, but take an exception to name calling (OK it wasn't a bad name, but still) when all I was doing was expressing an opinion.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I'm quite open to debate, but take an exception to name calling (OK it wasn't a bad name, but still) when all I was doing was expressing an opinion.
Do you still stick by your opinion when you said he is going to cost us more games now than he will save us?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
But your opinion is already wrong though because he has managed to save us more points than cost us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As I have said a couple of posts ago, I have to stand by my opinion as I never saw yesterdays game. So therefore nothing has changed in my eyes.
Im astounded at this :lol:. So because you havent seen the game he is still rubbish and until you decide to tune into a match he plays well in you will keep that opinion?

Please keep up with the games or atleast watch the highlights to see how well he is doing now.

Yes he has made mistakes but fergie knew it and so did we, it was bound to happen at the beginning.

But DDG has been bought for the future and hopefully 15 years of quality keeping, not 6 months of 1 season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Im astounded at this :lol:. So because you havent seen the game he is still rubbish and until you decide to tune into a match he plays well in you will keep that opinion?

Please keep up with the games or atleast watch the highlights to see how well he is doing now.

Yes he has made mistakes but fergie knew it and so did we, it was bound to happen at the beginning.

But DDG has been bought for the future and hopefully 15 years of quality keeping, not 6 months of 1 season.
Dont waste your time. You cant teach a blind how to read.

He will never ever watch a United game with DDG in goal so he can stick to his opinion

Hectic

Supports
30fps
But your opinion is already wrong though because he has managed to save us more points than cost us.
As I have said a couple of posts ago, I have to stand by my opinion as I never saw yesterdays game. So therefore nothing has changed in my eyes.
As I've said before, time will tell. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Well, he is right. He has saved us more points than lost, time has already told us that, and you don't need to watch the other game to see it.

He's very clearly an amazing talent, and is showing regular glimpses of that. If you can't see it by now there is no hope. It's really that simple. Taking the various factors in context; age, expectation, first season in another country and rotation, he's surely shown enough to satisfy?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
To be fair to Goldenballs... at least he's come into the thread and dealt with the flak head on (not that I agree with his reasoning...) Where as everyones favourite type of Pondlife has clearly and, mostly likely, intentionally stayed well away from this thread.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol::lol: WHAT?

Let me get this straight, you didn't see the match so you're just going to pretend it didn't happen? Despite everyone telling you he had a fecking stormer? That just gets stricken from the record :lol:

If you're going to have such a stubborn opinion of a keeper at least make an effort to watch highlights of his performance instead of being weird.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
To be fair to Goldenballs... at least he's come into the thread and dealt with the flak head on (not that I agree with his reasoning...) Where as everyones favourite type of Pondlife has clearly and, mostly likely, intentionally stayed well away from this thread.
True that.

And goldenballs has said he didn't watch the game. How can anyone expect him to change an opinion he held after De Gea's last game when he hasn't watched him play since?

All very well looking at gifs and highlights but that's a crappy way to change your opinion about any player, either positive or negative.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I thought Pondlife's opinion was similar to my own - in saying that he is sure he is going to be a very good keeper but got off to a bad start and was a concern. Which he was.

His turn around in form has been very impressive. I think it is largely down to the Chelsea save. I guess the same as a striker going through a drought, DDG needed a big save to instil confidence.

I don’t think anyone doubted his massive potential. Especially those of us who watched him on TV playing for Athletico Madrid last season. But there is nothing wrong with anyone pointing out he was a concern.

Smores

He needs to shave, I could grow a better beard than that when I was 16. Still, he probably doesn't care seeing as his missus is hot, has she been spotted at OT yet? (P.s he's doing the pose all wrong :nono:)

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He needs to shave, I could grow a better beard than that when I was 16. Still, he probably doesn't care seeing as his missus is hot, has she been spotted at OT yet? (P.s he's doing the pose all wrong :nono:)

feck sake, even Buzz is taller than him.

Claymore

He really is begining to look a top keeper already and has been brilliant the last couple of games. Nice too see the commentators starting to praise him when deserved but its going to be tedius when he does fully establish himself as a top keeper and the mistakes go more under the radar from them because you just no they'll constantly roll out the Vidic/Evra cliche......... Oh well he had a tough time when he first joined but now...... Etc. When in reality those two settled in quite quickly for foreign players especially for January transfers. Still It'll be worth it to see them shut up about De Gea or trying to attach every mistake to him.

Some of the saves he's made have been a joy to watch and lots of other aspects of his game is already there like the kicking and handling. The only ever thing about him is the handling or dealing with it under pressure which has improved and will continue too. Improvement can come quickly, look a Joe Hart, couple of good seasons and people claim he's the best in the world all of a sudden. :lol:

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Our boys done good hasnt he! shes stunning.

my man love for DDG just gets more and more

The Neviller

How tall is Buzz? Maybe then we could elaborate how tall DDG is! Or we create a formula based on the size of his hand
Buzz is very tall, about 7ft.

I think De Gea has posture problems, he slouches his shoulders down a lot which makes him look smaller. He needs to learn to make himself look bigger, or even look his actual height. Things like that can have a psychological effect on an incoming striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.