David de Gea | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
That letter he wrote to the Atletico fans means there's only two places he can go, Barca or back to Atletico.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Outstanding interview with Eric Steele on MUTV tonight about handling De Gea's transition to United. Lots of talk about preparing him for eventualities like making a mistake at Old Trafford, travelling to big grounds across the country and dealing with the Kop, etc., the role of Lindegaard as a challenger for the number one spot and how they mixed that in with taking De Gea out of the firing line for a bit to take stock of things and more.

Really interesting how much planning goes into preparing a new player like De Gea and developing him for United.

Drainy

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
What the hell has he done to his hair? Muniain influence? At least it looks ok for the later but for De Gea it looks pretty bad. Well at least he will be back us soon since Spain are out of the Olympics.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
First Rooney with a transplant, Scholes is ginger, Anderson has an awful new haircut and now De Gea! What is happening here?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Don't forget Park's purple hair a season or so back; and both Rio and Wes had some shocking hair styles. Then there's Beckham :rolleyes:

We as a club need to impose some standards on our players.

RDCR07

Don't forget Park's purple hair a season or so back; and both Rio and Wes had some shocking hair styles. Then there's Beckham :rolleyes:

We as a club need to impose some standards on our players.
Hey, hey, hey, you watch what you say about Becks!

RDCR07

I looked it up. So far nothing unless someone can take a picture straight from the TV. But I don't think it will be long now before something comes along.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Did he have a shit game or something? Mates texting me saying he's shit again. Just have have played shit or something.

kps88

So I assume he'll be travelling with the squad to Norway now?

Hal9000

after that save the co-commentator for the BBC downplayed it by saying "noone's ever doubted his shot stopping"

Ummm.. yes they did. There was that retarded statistic that he conceded the most goals from long range of any La Liga GK that people were blabbering on about for ages as if it meant anything of substance.
I remember when we played Spurs in the second game of the season. They took 20 shots from outside the area to try and exploit this stat, pretty much wasted most of there attacks because they would just take needless shots at De Gea from stupid ranges.

kps88

I remember when we played Spurs in the second game of the season. They took 20 shots from outside the area to try and exploit this stat, pretty much wasted most of there attacks because they would just take needless shots at De Gea from stupid ranges.
Yeah. I can just imagine Harry thinking what a genius bit of tactics that was.

Lynk

Haircut aside, De Beard looked like very dodgy last night, was somewhat at fault for the goal, and nearly made a catastrophic mistake at the end.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Haircut aside, De Beard looked like very dodgy last night, was somewhat at fault for the goal, and nearly made a catastrophic mistake at the end.
Maybe he's making his customary early season mistakes for Spain to get them out of the way :smirk:

Seriously though he will have some bad games as he is still so young and pretty inexperienced. He showed enough last season to suggest that he will become very good. Spain were also very poor defensively in the first game (didnt see the second) so that obviously doesnt help)

Lynk

I'm not doubting him. :p

But mistakes come in bunches for De Gea, I mean from January onwards last season he didn't make a mistake.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I still don't see how he can be blamed for the first. Was a downward header from an unexpected cross and headed back across the side he was coming from. Well placed header if you ask me. Nothing he could have done.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I really hope we don't see a return of the roating 'keepers we saw last season.

Fergie should pick a #1 and stick with them throughout the season. Massive blunders permitting of course.

He should perhaps assign the #2 the domstic cup comps or something.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Can anyone explain to me why Eric Steele is literally walking through fire on our official website to champion Anders Lindegaard as our number one goalie? Shouldn't the club spot the obvious public communicational dilemma in there, somewhere?

Just a thought..

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour2012Teaser/Tour2012News/2012/Jul/eric-steele-believes-anders-lindegaard-has-shot-at-keeper-jersey.aspx#
Eh? Not sure what your issue is here?

Every player in the squad has to think he's in with a shout of a regular place in the first team, just like every player has to think that if he lets his standards drop someone will takes his place from him. Yes, even goalkeepers.

Can you imagine how demotivating it would for Lindegaard if the coaching staff didn't big up his chances of taking De Gea's place in the team whenever they talk about him? What would you have preferred Eric Steele to say "Yeah, well he's good back-up in case De Gea gets injured. Hopefully he'll get a run of games in the Carling Cup too..."

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Eh? Not sure what your issue is here?

Every player in the squad has to think he's in with a shout of a regular place in the first team, just like every player has to think that if he lets his standards drop someone will takes his place from him. Yes, even goalkeepers.

Can you imagine how demotivating it would for Lindegaard if the coaching staff didn't big up his chances of taking De Gea's place in the team whenever they talk about him? What would you have preferred Eric Steele to say "Yeah, well he's good back-up in case De Gea gets injured. Hopefully he'll get a run of games in the Carling Cup too..."
Mostly in jest, that last post - but I do feel the club should be clear in public that Dave's the clear number one - if he is.

His best period last season were when Lindegaard was out injured. And rotating keepers is never a good solution. Although pressure and competition is fine, of course. As I said, mostly made in jest.

Status
Not open for further replies.