David de Gea | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
So good that he can decide midflight which hand to use to palm a shot away.

Justin

But the media will probably hammer him for conceding from a corner.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Can the mods dig up my thread from the Newbs when I said we should sign him, fecking brilliant keeper. Still needs to bulk up and work on crosses though.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Don't get your hopes up (that I've been coverted) yet ... that bolded part also includes 'this'. :lol:

He made some good stops,although I do find he seems to have a tendency for the theatrical ... still it's all about entertainment I guess.
:lol: He could do cartwheels for all I care as long as he stops the ball

Commadus

kept us in the game with some wonderful saves.

Fellaini got him with one forearm smash which the ref did not give.

Claymore

De He-Ya is an awesome keeper already and will only get better. He's already commented or joke about the sun light in Manchester etc so lets tie him down on a 20 year deal before Real Madrid start sharpening their claws.

I swear he better be like 82+ on FIFA next month with a 100 for diving!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Minkaro

Made some superb stops in the first half. Wasn't bad in the second half either, it's just that after the goal we were too busy attacking for him to do much more.

AKDevil

And people think Joe Hart is the best keeper in the league? Hah.
Not for much longer, though Hart, DDG and Courtois (someone mentioned Ter Stegen who I've seen nothing of) will soon be like the new version of Schmeichel, Buffon, Khan, VDS - best four keepers in Europe all with claims to be the very best.

Name Changed

weso26
I've been saying it for ages, he is going to be a brilliant keeper and one of the best in the world. He will only get stronger and when he does, he will dominate the box more. His shot stopping is already up there with the best.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Great tonight. If there was a silver lining to the cloud it'd be him and Kagawa.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Are we ever going to see him behind a settled defense? He's not had a good run of solid defense in front of him since he arrived.

Has to be one of the worst runs of defensive injury crisis for a new, young bedding in keeper to have to play behind in the history of football.

Hats off to the lad he really is working hard.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Are we ever going to see him behind a settled defense? He's not had a good run of solid defense in front of him since he arrived.

Has to be one of the worst runs of defensive injury crisis for a new, young bedding in keeper to have to play behind in the history of football.

Hats off to the lad he really is working hard.
No

kps88

Am I the only one who thought he did what was expected of him and the saves weren't all that special? I always think we go overboard when it comes to DDG, either with criticism or praise.

Orton

Well, he made about 5 stops in the space of 10-15 minutes which did keep us in the game, so he got praised for it and rightly so.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Am I the only one who thought he did what was expected of him and the saves weren't all that special? I always think we go overboard when it comes to DDG, either with criticism or praise.
Most of the saves he made he saw late so used his brilliant reactions to get to them. He was also a lot more assured when coming to punch from crosses. It was a great performance and a lesser keeper probably wouldn't have made as many saves due to the difficulty of being blinded by defenders in the way. Praise well and truly deserved

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Probably, half of those shots could have gone in and you couldn't complain about him not saving them. The volley shot (or was it not a volley? I think it was Jelavic or Fellaini) in the first half and the free kick for example. Of course the pure fact that he saved those shots meant they were savable but with a worse goalkeeper we'd have been 2-0 down by half-time.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Not for much longer, though Hart, DDG and Courtois (someone mentioned Ter Stegen who I've seen nothing of) will soon be like the new version of Schmeichel, Buffon, Khan, VDS - best four keepers in Europe all with claims to be the very best.
Never seen him in real life. Ridiculous on FM.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The thing that impressed me the most was his command from the corners, he came out and punched very well even when under huge pressure from Fellaini and the other everton giants.

Rewind to this time last year and he would of definitely struggled, but he got the ball clear with a good punch then got clouted in the mouth with fellainis elbow (somehow the ref thought this was fair and said play on :nono:)

That was his biggest weakness, and even that he is ironing out nicely.

His save from pienaar was also hugely impressive, he saw it very late and those curlers into the bottom corner can be very deceptive.

Had a great game over all and was unfortunate to concede.

Future looks bright for DDG.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I think he made the safe from the Baines free kick look flashy but it was a good safe all the same.

The best safe was from Osman. Even though it was close to his head it was hit at extreme pace from about 10 yards out. That was a brilliant save.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think he made the safe from the Baines free kick look flashy but it was a good safe all the same.

The best safe was from Osman. Even though it was close to his head it was hit at extreme pace from about 10 yards out. That was a brilliant save.
Got there in the end ay?

Cina

Can the mods dig up my thread from the Newbs when I said we should sign him, fecking brilliant keeper. Still needs to bulk up and work on crosses though.
Wow, you predicted we'd sign one of the highest rated young goalkeepers in the world who has been playing in Spanish youth teams for years and was number one choice at one of the biggest clubs in La Liga?

Well done :)

Orton

Wow, you predicted we'd sign one of the highest rated young goalkeepers in the world who has been playing in Spanish youth teams for years and was number one choice at one of the biggest clubs in La Liga?

:lol:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I think his most impressive save, even though it wasn't the most spectacular, was from Pienaar's shot, because de Gea was hidden by his defence, saw the ball very late and it bounced just in front of him. The speed with which he went to ground and pushed the ball away was very impressive and I'm pretty sure not many goalkeepers would have made that save.

Also, as pointed out, he looked much more assured in his box which is great. He'll have a brilliant season.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Once again, referees are completely ignoring fouls comitted on him. That fellaini elbow was yellow card all day long, but could end up as a goal for everton.

Marriner was awfull yesterday.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Actually a red car offence. It was so on purpose. Not only did he smack him in the face but he also dragged him down after he had done so.
It's not the first time he does it. He's a dirty player. Fouls a lot and gets a lot of cards.

OB

Great match for him. If it wasn't for him, we would have been 2-3 goals down. He played wonderfully. He is class, no doubt about it, and being so young, he's only going to improve.
Some of his saves were brilliant. It's not easy saving shots with one hand the way he did. The reaction, accuracy, power needed to stop those, its not at all easy. For me, he was our best player out there.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.