David de Gea | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody notice DDG pointing to vidic before taking the goal kick and almost gesturing to say "make sure you get him back for me", i liked that. Shows he is feeling settled in now and ready to boss people about.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Anybody notice DDG pointing to vidic before taking the goal kick and almost gesturing to say "make sure you get him back for me", i liked that. Shows he is feeling settled in now and ready to boss people about.
I saw that, got me fired up. Although I thought he was pointing at Fellaini and saying "I'm going to get you back".

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I saw that, got me fired up. Although I thought he was pointing at Fellaini and saying "I'm going to get you back".
That's what I thought :lol: Although, I doubt De Gea would say "I'm going to get you back". It was probably him just saying "It was you. You. You". If you know what I mean.

Adam-Utd

Same, i could not tell if it was fellaini but as the camera panned out a bit it was pointing towards vidic direction, and he was gesturing back; no doubt he wasn not happy though!.

Its amazing that some goalkeepers get free kicks when a player is even standing near them, but DDG get full blown wacked in the face and no foul.. unbelievable.

Slevs

It's part of a goalkeeper's game to get kicked/punched/elbowed. It's happened to all of us, he'll, I've even taken a knee to the chest UFC style once. It's normal and part of the game.

What isn't normal is Marriner's reaction to this. The first thing after anything involving a goalkeeper defending a free kick or corner should be the referee taking a look at the goalkeeper to see whether or not the goalkeeper is able to carry on.

Instead, Marriner's doesn't even take a look at the knocked out De Gea and waves the play on. Everton have a volley at an empty net and fortunately miss. Marriner's was just terrible last night.

LoveInTheAsylum

Encouraging start to the season from him. As comfortable as ever on the ball, made the saves required, connected much more solidly with his punches and took a bit of roughhousing in his stride. It's nice getting that confidence back in your goalie to keep everything out, to the point where you're surprised when he's finally beaten. How it needs to be at a top club.

Baxter

And the commentators first thought is that he needs to get used to "challenges" like that.
That was the worst of the lot. Why should he have to get used to taking elbows in the face, when it is a clear foul? Never understood why DDG doesn't get more protection.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
All I'm saying is if Joe Hart made them saves, Niall Quinn would orgasm on cue, DDG is a top, top keeper.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
That was the worst of the lot. Why should he have to get used to taking elbows in the face, when it is a clear foul? Never understood why DDG doesn't get more protection.
If that happened to an outfield player would it not be a red?

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
They will never give De Gea the credit he deserves, due to Joe Hart being England's number 1 and golden boy, just like when someone mentions any full back that isn't Ashley Cole we will always be reminded who is the so called best.

forevrared

Now 95% convinced De Gea must spend all of his free time driving around the country with a list of each football commentators address and shitting in their gardens. Unbelievable. Even when he makes a brilliant reaction save, you'd think he'd done something worse than Taibi's daisy cutter or Carroll spilling the ball into the goal.

Adam-Utd

for every mistake he makes, he makes 100 goal bound saves count.

We can forgive big dave on that 1 today, he saved our bacon yet again.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
As much as how poor he was coming out for that cross it was still an OG. Attackers weren't exactly dangerous.

He has to have made the most saves so far? Defense has been poor.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Vidic was the wrong side, think De Gea made a last minute decision to go. Still needs to be a bit more physical as a keeper but his ability for his age is tremendous. Gotta feel for him, has he ever played behind our best back four once?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Should've done better with their goal but Vidic was at fault as well on that and DDG's other saves won us the game.

Hopefully Evans is back in defence next week.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Sell him, not English enough.

Baxter

The press will have a right go. They won't recognize Given's or Howard's mistakes today though.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
Great start to the season. Wouldn't have won today had it not been for his saves so the error for the 2nd goal is very forgivable.

Will be interesting to see how the media talk about his performance. Wouldn't be surprised if they ignore all his save and just focus on his one mistake. I hope I'm wrong though.

Slevs

The commentators can do one for all I care, he saved us many times today, good job by him. He'll edge those mistakes out as time goes by.

nemanja15

Yeah, not too many complaints from me today at all. Saved our skins and didn't let his head go down after the mix-up. Couple of strong punches and reaction stops after their second which proved crucial.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Will see the highlights later on but it's annoying to hear Nicholas going on about the doubts he still has over De Gea, basically completely ignoring his excellent performance last week.

Leg-End

Tony Gale loves him in a "I can talk bollocks about him every single time he plays" way.

Sylar

Minus the second goal, he was brilliant again. His reflex saves are just amazing. Nice little piece of skill as well. (De Gea > Valdes)

Think Vidic thinks hes still playing with VDS. Communication will come with more games. It doesnt help De Gea when the defence keeps changing in front of him. We need CBs back ASAP.

Sam

Cracking keeper. Made some more very important saves today.

Bit of a wobble on the goal, clearly no communication between him and Vida. I'm not worried.

Brophs

The One and Only
Aside from the second goal he was very good. When neither of the centre-halves in front of you are either natural defenders or in form, it makes life more difficult.

Moriarty

Cracking keeper. Made some more very important saves today.

Bit of a wobble on the goal, clearly no communication between him and Vida. I'm not worried.
Punches more than he catches but I suppose that's the continental way. Reflexes like a cat though.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It was a bad error. But he has a great calander year with us. Its his 1st big clanger in that year too, I think

Lets hope it does not knock his form

But this whole worry that the media will jump all over this is annoying. He plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world and he is one of the most expensive keepers ever.

He will always get more attention because of that. Get over it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
You know, the co-commentator on my stream called DDG's neat piece of dribbling skill 'lucky'. Yes, it's always a great idea to use scouse or cockney pundits for United games. *rolls eyes*

An Irish Red

Will be interesting to see how the media talk about his performance. Wouldn't be surprised if they ignore all his save and just focus on his one mistake. I hope I'm wrong though.
That's the life of a keeper though, to be fair. I think in that situation, where Vidic can't win the ball cleanly, it's up to the keeper to come out and take control of the situation. All Vidic could do was put pressure on the attacker and hope De Gea deals with it or the pressure puts him off. De Gea was the one to blame in my opinion, although my opinion on that might change once I see the incident on a non-grainy, non-dutch clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.