Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He had one save to make all game and totally fecked up! Shows a total lack of concentration. Just give Romero a run.
And if Romero makes a mistake we play Johnston? And then DDG again? Football doesnt work like that

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It will be interesting to have 'shots on goal against' stats there as well. It doesn't affect saves/goal conceded ratio but it tells how much involvement of GK was needed. For most of the games this season, he isn't involved much for majority of the game from saving perspective.
Though it will be subjective, if we can get stat of goals where he was at least partly at fault, that will be good too. He has committed some mistakes this season but he might have had some in prev seasons too but his heroics when he was quite often needed to bail team out masked those.
The number of saves surely tells you the number of shots he faces. The number of shots on target, anyway. Adding up saves and goals conceded gives you the number of shots on target he's faced this season. Just over 3.0 per game. As compared to 3.4 last season and 3.5 the season before. He's getting better protection, yet letting in more goals. You don't get clearer evidence of a decline than these stats. Crying shame, really. With last year's version in goals we might even be still in a title race.

Obviously, dropping him would be madness. Keepers should always be much more secure in their place in the team than the players in front of them.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
The number of saves surely tells you the number of shots he faces. The number of shots on target, anyway. Adding up saves and goals conceded gives you the number of shots on target he's faced this season. Just over 3.0 per game. As compared to 3.4 last season and 3.5 the season before. He's getting better protection, yet letting in more goals. You don't get clearer evidence of a decline than these stats. Crying shame, really. With last year's version in goals we might even be still in a title race.

Obviously, dropping him would be madness. Keepers should always be much more secure in their place in the team than the players in front of them.
Yeah, D'oh. I started with total no. of shots in mind and then changed my mind to shots on target and didn't occur to me to add those two figures.
He is for sure not showing form of last season but in league I think we can put blame on him for losing points for Stoke only. Any other match he cost points? He did help gain 1 vs Pool. Don't think our points would have been lot better with last year's DDG.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Guy next to me at Old Trafford is convinced he has concentration issues and is far better when being called upon frequently rather than infrequently. Most keepers are like that I'd imagine though.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I don't think he's been that bad. He just hasn't had as much work to do which is making his mistakes look really bad.

Over the last few years, he's been in the firing line more often than not and made far more saves than a United GK should i.e. we'd concede far too many chances.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I think we need to go easy on him over the error yesterday. From his tweet, the plane crash really affected him and he actually appeared a bit rattled/visibly upset during the minute of silence.

Djemba-Djemba

It's obviously madness for anyone to be calling for him to be dropped. He's still an excellent keeper overall but he's not having a good season.

He's been disappointing.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Obviously his head is in Madrid...nah, just joking...or not...:devil:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

It's a clear path of decline. The POTY awards have clearly gone to his head. Am sick- thought he'd be a MUFC legend.
feck better a mistake in a league cup match than a biggie.

pseudo_canadian

I think we need to go easy on him over the error yesterday. From his tweet, the plane crash really affected him and he actually appeared a bit rattled/visibly upset during the minute of silence.
Agreed. It's actually absurd that more people aren't mentioning this. He was directly effected by that tragic event and was obviously not completely there based off the miniute silence.

Has he been outstanding this season? No. One would argue he has had a lot less to do because of our defense and thus his focus isn't as high, but to shit on him for that mistake yesterday in the context of everything is completely ridiculous and epitomizes the fickleness of so many football fans. It really pisses me off.

Show some fecking respect.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He had one save to make all game and totally fecked up! Shows a total lack of concentration. Just give Romero a run.
I've been a big supporter of Romero's since he came here, but lets get real. Dave is significantly better all around.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
was it that bad yesterday ? I have been a critic of his performance at Chelsea and stoke but yesterday, his vision was blocked by a defender and Payet hit it too hard that he saw it in the very last moment.

Mindhunter

Yes, he is allowed to not be world class every season. He has single handedly won us points on numerous occasions last season so he deserves our patience and support.

There is an interesting story about De Gea in SAF's book "Leading" where he says that during the initial nervous period that he faced in goal and the media would be on his case the whole time, he felt extremely dejected and was short of confidence. SAF tried his best to make him believe in himself. As a part of that, he called the whole team in and gave them a lecture of United values and how De Gea personifies all those values. Since them he was a different person and started getting better each day.

We know what he is capable of already. So let's support him when he needs it the most.

Morpheus 7

He made a bad mistake against West Ham but he's human. You could say he should have done better against Stoke, other than that your just a being reactionary tube. People banging on about Romero, do you think he would have made the saves Dave did at Anfield this season? Because if you do, your a fecking idiot. He's been or best player the last few seasons. Dave has won us countless points, not to mention being regarded now as one of the best in World Football. That term 'world class' gets thrown around alot but De Gea is. He's arguably one of the few in the Premier league, never mind United.

The man lost an ex team mate during the week, cut him some slack. This really is not an issue at the moment. If he has 3 howlers in the next three games, then discuss. Until then, lay off Big Dave.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Guy next to me at Old Trafford is convinced he has concentration issues and is far better when being called upon frequently rather than infrequently. Most keepers are like that I'd imagine though.
I think so too, but I thought he was improving in that regard last season.
I don't remember who said it, but the goal keeper's great test is staying concentrated when his team is dominating and he doesn't have much to do.

SirAF

Ageist
He's been trash since the Euros. A season where the team isn't constantly under pressure for 90 minutes & he immediately wilts. Should consider dropping him for a game or two considering Romero's form.
:lol:

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
There's some ridiculous posters on here.

DDG is superior to Romero in every aspect of goalkeeping. Has he been disappointing this season? On a couple of occasions, yes. But we know the high standards he holds himself to and I'm sure he's working hard to fix the issues. He'll be back to his best soon enough.

He's probably the second best GK in the world, who the feck can you get in that's better? :houllier:

Shark

@NotShark
Didn't he go through a blip like this before and then come into form not so many seasons ago? I seem to remember posters on here making similar comments.

ZDwyr

I agree. His demeanor seemed different I thought, looked a lot more dominant.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Didn't he go through a blip like this before and then come into form not so many seasons ago? I seem to remember posters on here making similar comments.
IIRC it was after the West ham game where he was partially at fault for conceding the goal, the one where Rooney was sent off. He had his best game IMO in Utd shirt the week later vs Everton

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Will miss out on the golden glove again because of some absolute numpties playing in front of him.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What a save! Just a normal day at the office for Dave :drool:

OneUnited24

I like how hes not our MoTM game in game out... But he still is our best player

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Only world class player United have. Team used to be full of them. How times change.
Pogba and Ibrahimovic are absolutely world class and there's many others that have a claim as well. This is a very good man Utd squad

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Pogba and Ibrahimovic are absolutely world class and there's many others that have a claim as well. This is a very good man Utd squad
Many others have a claim? It's literally only Micky, on the back of last season

Status
Not open for further replies.