Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

I'm gonna post what's likely to be an extremely unpopular opinion...

De Gea is too inconsistent to be truly world class. Does it not feel like every shot on target against us is a goal? Every time, it's "he can't be faulted there" or "de Gea takes no blame for that one" but it's almost as if every time a team has a shot, they score. The Liverpool match aside (those saves were truly world class), sometimes I wonder if another keeper might have saved what de Gea makes look an 'unsaveable' shot.

But maybe that's just me.

I felt he had a good game EVENTUALLY the other night but I still feel like he looked a bit like he knew he should have done better with the first goal.

It was a total fecking fluke and all and 99 times out of a hundred that goes into the stands but IDK, felt like Dave didn't put his hand 'out' to try to save it, he looked like he thought it was going wide to me. I need to see it again.

ryan cook

I'm gonna post what's likely to be an extremely unpopular opinion...

De Gea is too inconsistent to be truly world class. Does it not feel like every shot on target against us is a goal? Every time, it's "he can't be faulted there" or "de Gea takes no blame for that one" but it's almost as if every time a team has a shot, they score. The Liverpool match aside (those saves were truly world class), sometimes I wonder if another keeper might have saved what de Gea makes look an 'unsaveable' shot.

But maybe that's just me.

I felt he had a good game EVENTUALLY the other night but I still feel like he looked a bit like he knew he should have done better with the first goal.

It was a total fecking fluke and all and 99 times out of a hundred that goes into the stands but IDK, felt like Dave didn't put his hand 'out' to try to save it, he looked like he thought it was going wide to me. I need to see it again.
David De Gea is not inconsistent and is definitely world class. I think you are literally the only person that holds that opinion.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Has not been as amazing as in the past years so far. Maybe we just have extremely high expectations

Bwuk

It's all well and good him having that buyout, he'd only leave for Barca or Real imo, and we'd more than match the wages they or anyone else would offer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No spanish club are paying that for a keeper anyway, so nothing to see.

mintsnake4

SportsWitness put up an article earlier stating that Marca revealed a few months ago that De Gea's 'clause' was 40million euros, so this is most likely a nothing story.

clarkydaz

Established his place in the spanish team for the coming years and already has a PL trophy under the legendary Sir Alex. Not a lot of goalies can state the same at 26.
he could very well expect more by now considering the level he has been playing at. Last year he would have lifted the champions league if not for a fax machine

Bojan11

Not been his best this season and that mistake is not somebody of his quality should be making.

LouisDanGaal

Only consolation is for the first time in four years our player of the season won't the keeper this year.

JoaquinJoaquin

His form this season has been concerning. Quite a few mistakes now he has made and doesn't seem the same imposing presence he was last season.

Still a class act though and does deserve to have a blip.

Dir Wangem

Calm your tits. He's made 2-3 errors this season, but he's also made a couple of world class saves. Sure, he's not been as good as in previous years, but he's still fecking solid.

I hate it when people immediately start criticizing great players after just a few mistakes.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not been at his sensational best this season, making the odd mistake like today. I'm sure he'll perform better as the season goes on. Still a great GK.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
He's been trash since the Euros. A season where the team isn't constantly under pressure for 90 minutes & he immediately wilts. Should consider dropping him for a game or two considering Romero's form.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
When was the last time the supposed best/2nd best goalkeeper in the world made a super save? Or a string of very good saves?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's been trash since the Euros. A season where the team isn't constantly under pressure for 90 minutes & he immediately wilts. Should consider dropping him for a game or two considering Romero's form.
Dropping him in the league would do nothing but stir trouble. Romero had been playing the cup games up until this point I'm sure, and should've continued to do so.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
To say he's been trash is nonsense.

binary bot
Calling for his head after a mistake or two is fecking pathetic.

Steven Seagull

He wasn't constantly under pressure under Van Gaals boreball either but still performed admirably. An otherwise spectacular post though.

ottosec

Its like the opposition GKs are stealing his talent every game at OT this season.

Dir Wangem

Can I nominate this for worst post of the year? There are some strong contenders in the Zlatan-thread, but I think this just edges all of them.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How many is that now? He's having a bit of a shitter this season.

Eddy_JukeZ

Has let some soft goals in unfortunately.

Hopefully, he'll be back to his best soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.