Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Was at fault, but he's been fantastic for us again this season. Hard to be too mad at him

donkeyfish

What worries me is what looks like bad teamwork. He had one against Stoke(?) as well, when he collided with Smalling. They need to function better together, although Im not sure who to blame.

Far from our biggest problem though. We would've lost today even if we played with two goalies.

Gause

Dave has saved us so many times and I'm grateful for that. But my question now is whether he can develop his ability in commanding and organizing his defenders like VdS.

He's got superb reflex and positional skill but we need more than that to minimalize defensive errors. Obviously I cant focus on him for 90 mins on TV, but he at times looks more of a quiet type of person.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We should have kept the goal keeping coach - Frans Hoek?. Pity David didn't like him.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
We should have kept the goal keeping coach - Frans Hoek?. Pity David didn't like him.
Well, Hoek is ...special.

But apart from his personality: Has it something to do with De Gea not liking to play out of the back very much? I noticed that he is reverting to clearances even under minimal pressure as of late. I think it's a pity because he is good technically, and it was a serious problem for Spain's possession play in the EUROs, for example.

Jazz

Well, Hoek is ...special.

But apart from his personality: Has it something to do with De Gea not liking to play out of the back very much? I noticed that he is reverting to clearances even under minimal pressure as of late. I think it's a pity because he is good technically, and it was a serious problem for Spain's possession play in the EUROs, for example.
I don't know what his problem is or what he does or doesn't like doing. All I know is that he was very good under Hoek. That's someone whose teaching David shouldn't have taken for granted. If he didn't like him for his personality, then the club really shouldn't be allowing that kind of thing. We can't let the players dictate everything, they need to learn to be professional and work with the people that are paid to make them the best.
I just think apart from his excellent instinctive saves, he's gone backwards a bit imho.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Hazard goal is also something which he has saved in the past ! I know we take things granted from him as the standard he has set is so high .

starting to make mistakes this season.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard goal is also something which he has saved in the past ! I know we take things granted from him as the standard he has set is so high .

starting to make mistakes this season.
No keeper is saving that. He took it too quickly and struck the ball too well. It's a miracle he even got a hand on it in the first place.

xplatformjedi

Supports
Pittsburgh Steelers
No keeper is saving that. He took it too quickly and struck the ball too well. It's a miracle he even got a hand on it in the first place.
Agreed.

But 75% of the first goals blame goes to David imo. I want to get on Blind and Smalling too for not communicating...but David can't come out and miss the way that he did. He just can't.

The Hazard goal was some amazing shite.

Eddy_JukeZ

Been at fault for a few goals, but you can't blame him.

Been our best player by far since SAF retired.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
How can he have such a low average rating? Do people use a similar scale to this:
1 not playing
2 fellaini
3 at fault for loss
4 Disastrous
5 awful
6 bad
7 ok\ good
8 very good
9 MOTM
10 Messi

Or am I just on my own?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
@Jazz

I came across a Sky graphic that pretty much confirms your claim of Hoek's importance for De Gea's technical development. DDG had improved his catch/punch ratio over the first three years (with a bad 2nd year), but the leap in his first season with Hoek is remarkable. Looks like the difference between mediocre and world class in that department.

Sylar

Wouldn't have him at fault for either?
Cos hes not. First he only saves if hes on the line, which would be mad starting point. It was just a fantastic 1 out of 100 finish imo.
Second was just a fantastic free kick, not saving that even if he does dive for it.

derace

first one is not his fault no. but the second he should save. where should the ball go? that was not some insane freekick and not even very well placed. he usually saves that shot 9 of 10 times

SirScholes

first one is not his fault no. but the second he should save. where should the ball go? that was not some insane freekick and not even very well placed. he usually saves that shot 9 of 10 times
what the actual! it hit the side netting!

SirScholes

He concedes a few goals like tonight every season. It seems he can't be bothered some games.
hahahaha de gea doesnt make an outstanding save and he isnt arsed haha lets forget the one on one he did save or the shot to his bottom left, let focus on him not making an out of this world save

Jazz

@Jazz

I came across a Sky graphic that pretty much confirms your claim of Hoek's importance for De Gea's technical development. DDG had improved his catch/punch ratio over the first three years (with a bad 2nd year), but the leap in his first season with Hoek is remarkable. Looks like the difference between mediocre and world class in that department.

I've only just seen your post:) Took me long enough!
But yeah, not surprised to see those stats. Be interesting to see his stats at the end of this season. I truly felt Hoek was someone we should have kept on.

MounchesterUtd

If we're being honest, he hasn't been at the level of his last three years this season.

Acole9

Outstanding
He could've saved that free kick, the shot wasn't that powerful.

Zoo

He didn't have a chance with either goal.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Yeah I thought it was a precise hit coming at a cost of it's speed.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I thought Michael Owen surprisingly spoke some sense assessing the second goal. Why the need for a wall at all when it's so far out? Why not give yourself a clear view of the taker and stay in the centre of your goal. Plus the angle of the run-up it really could only have gone one side, he should have atleast been heading that way

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I've only just seen your post:) Took me long enough!
But yeah, not surprised to see those stats. Be interesting to see his stats at the end of this season. I truly felt Hoek was someone we should have kept on.
Feel free to tag me if you find any interesting ones. I don't really have a source.

ZDwyr

Thought his organisation of the wall should have been better. Other than that I don't attribute much blame to him for the goals.

GazTheLegend

I'm gonna post what's likely to be an extremely unpopular opinion...

De Gea is too inconsistent to be truly world class. Does it not feel like every shot on target against us is a goal? Every time, it's "he can't be faulted there" or "de Gea takes no blame for that one" but it's almost as if every time a team has a shot, they score. The Liverpool match aside (those saves were truly world class), sometimes I wonder if another keeper might have saved what de Gea makes look an 'unsaveable' shot.

But maybe that's just me.

I felt he had a good game EVENTUALLY the other night but I still feel like he looked a bit like he knew he should have done better with the first goal.

It was a total fecking fluke and all and 99 times out of a hundred that goes into the stands but IDK, felt like Dave didn't put his hand 'out' to try to save it, he looked like he thought it was going wide to me. I need to see it again.

Redo91

De Gea is too inconsistent to be truly world class. Does it not feel like every shot on target against us is a goal? Every time, it's "he can't be faulted there" or "de Gea takes no blame for that one" but it's almost as if every time a team has a shot, they score. The Liverpool match aside (those saves were truly world class), sometimes I wonder if another keeper might have saved what de Gea makes look an 'unsaveable' shot.

I felt he had a good game EVENTUALLY the other night but I still feel like he looked a bit like he knew he should have done better with the first goal.

It was a total fecking fluke and all and 99 times out of a hundred that goes into the stands but IDK, felt like Dave didn't put his hand 'out' to try to save it, he looked like he thought it was going wide to me. I need to see it again.
Ya it's just you mate.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

:lol:

Zoo

And that would be because he was woefully out of position for both.

He had a bad game. Turkey is a difficult place to play. Roll on Swansea.
First one was a worldie and freak goal. Second one, he seems to have attracted some criticism for not moving when really the wall should have done better and it was a great strike by Lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.