Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trizy

Best keeper in the world makes a couple of worldies? standard stuff from our Dave to be honest.

Trizy

De Gea's Save:
Both saves:

Credit to Reddit.

Last edited:

Acole9

Outstanding
It was a top class save but his positioning was already very good to cope with the shot.

That will have done his confidence the world of good after a fairly average start to the season by his standards.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I know there has been an argument going on who is the better, him or Neuer, but from now on I won't even entertain the idea.

Compare their ages and it becomes even clearer. David De GOAT is the best GK in the world.

Yeah, German contingent, I went there.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Both saves were great, but I was most impressed with the Can one, like a last ditch save by an ice hockey goalie.

NK86

Both saves were great, but I was most impressed with the Can one, like a last ditch save by an ice hockey goalie.
The second one I have seen him make time and again. The Can one was actually good since it came through a forest of legs and he still got a very strong hand to it.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
"I think we're probably looking at one of the best goalkeepers in world football. I think we should say that" -Jamie Carragher last night.

Welcome to 2012 Jamie.

Skills

Snitch
Tbh it's just what I expect from him now. It's the reason we were desperate to keep him, and as far as I know went and made him the highest paid keeper in the world.

SirAF

Ageist
I know there has been an argument going on who is the better, him or Neuer, but from now on I won't even entertain the idea.

Compare their ages and it becomes even clearer. David De GOAT is the best GK in the world.

Yeah, German contingent, I went there.
I'd say it has been AT LEAST a draw between the pair of them for the last couple of years. No doubt for me that de Gea is #1 now.

Rossa

Tbh it's just what I expect from him now. It's the reason we were desperate to keep him, and as far as I know went and made him the highest paid keeper in the world.
Pretty much - I used to play as a goalie (not very well mind you), and I love to watch great goalies, but when DDG pulls off those saves, it's just "yep, good save" and that's it. He is THAT good!

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
It was a top class save but his positioning was already very good to cope with the shot.
Came in to post exactly this. He gave himself a chance of making the save because of his positioning, most keepers wouldn't have got there.

m1y2

That low diving save was absolutely outstanding, very few keepers would have kept it away.. top reactions. And that Coutinho save was standard David, however we are talking about very high standards..

edcunited1878

Can anyone show the save against Mata's FK and yesterday's save against Coutinho? Save from Mata immediately sprang to mind. The ability to reach, extend and arch his back, yet still have the necessary strength to palm it away around the post is magisterial.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The Can one was the more impressive of the two, he would have seen that unbelievably late and did incredibly well to get down and get a strong hand to it.

Both great saves, but that one was something very special.

edcunited1878

The Can one was the more impressive of the two, he would have seen that unbelievably late and did incredibly well to get down and get a strong hand to it.

Both great saves, but that one was something very special.
Agree with you. Coutinho's save is made because DDG is that good, but most important thing is that he was aware of the situation, good positioning and good footwork to get across. Can's chance, he didn't see it until late and made a strong save with Valencia alert to clear.

ZAGREB RED

Came back in the perfect way to show how good he really is after his rare error against Stoke. Best in the world.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Someone in the match thread was trying to tell me it wasn't that great. I thought it was the better save. You could tell Cutie was shaping up for a shot, whereas the one at 59' would've gotten past almost anyone.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Someone in the match thread was trying to tell me it wasn't that great. I thought it was the better save. You could tell Cutie was shaping up for a shot, whereas the one at 59' would've gotten past almost anyone.
I thought the one where a Pool player was offside was similarly good. Monster reflex, this time more like a handball goalie.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I hate him. Get past the defence and there he is, ready to save anything you throw at him. I'd put him a class or two above any other keeper in the league. The best keeper in Europe currently.

3KDré

I hate him. Get past the defence and there he is, ready to save anything you throw at him. I'd put him a class or two above any other keeper in the league. The best keeper in Europe currently.
And therefore... the best in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.