Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Orduck

He head is in Madrid. Unfortunate, but we have to hope he recovers because he's an absolute liability at the moment.

Skills

Snitch
Thing I've been wondering about for a while. Can he actually be a great keeper in a team where he isn't constantly involved in the game (like Buffon, VDS, Neuer) but still pops up for the big moments. Or will he end up a glorified Pepe Reina. Hopefully the first.

He made a few mistakes last season as well which were brushed over because of the volume of saves he was making.

ZDwyr

Not having a good season really. Poor mistake. I guess when you consider how much he has saved in the past it is hard to be too disappointed. Very frustrating though.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He does this from time to time, when he's had nothing to do for periods he can be liable to do lose concentration that just that little bit.
Annoying.

Count Orduck

Troll harder. He's nowhere near being a liability for us.
You realise he literally cost us two points today, yeh? That's almost the definition of liability. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but the Stoke goal was a terrible error.

SER19

You realise he literally cost us two points today, yeh? That's almost the definition of liability. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but the Stoke goal was a terrible error.
i think you need a dictionary. go do something for an hour then come back to post, calling de gea a liability is actually embarrassing. even as frustrated as i am, i found that pathetic.

Ban

[QUOTE="Count Orduck, post: 19876100, member: 64064"]He head is in Madrid. Unfortunate, but we have to hope he recovers because he's an absolute liability at the moment.[/QUOTE]
Lets not exaggerate.

ash_86

He'd be very disappointed with the goal and rightfully.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He head is in Madrid. Unfortunate, but we have to hope he recovers because he's an absolute liability at the moment.
His head is in Madrid? Shut up. He made a mistake for the first time in bloody ages, and just because he's not making world class saves every game doesn't mean he's in bad form.

Count Orduck

i think you need a dictionary. go do something for an hour then come back to post, calling de gea a liability is actually embarrassing. even as frustrated as i am, i found that pathetic.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the word, then. I thought it meant something that was disadvantageous or a drawback. In which case, I think it's fair to call a goalkeeper (however good normally) a liability when he's making silly errors and dropping points.

Jesus Christ, I'm not saying he's bad. I'm saying he's playing badly at the moment. Half of you jumping down my throat for daring to criticise him will be straight into the Rooney thread calling for Wayne's immediate execution.

prath92

Guys seriously? He has been very good when called upon this season. Even today he had some good saves. A mistake and people here start with 'he is a liability' and 'his head is in Madrid'?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's rescued us so many points over the past four seasons or so, I think he deserves a pass for today.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Guys seriously? He has been very good when called upon this season. Even today he had some good saves. A mistake and people here start with 'he is a liability' and 'his head is in Madrid'?
Yeah those are clearly exaggerations but so is saying he's been very good. He clearly hasn't.

SER19

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the word, then. I thought it meant something that was disadvantageous or a drawback. In which case, I think it's fair to call a goalkeeper (however good normally) a liability when he's making silly errors and dropping points.

Jesus Christ, I'm not saying he's bad. I'm saying he's playing badly at the moment. Half of you jumping down my throat for daring to criticise him will be straight into the Rooney thread calling for Wayne's immediate execution.
to use the word at this point in time, could be equated to calling a very average footballer world class after they score one fantastic goal. its a premature and simply wrong assessment.

Dir Wangem

He cost us the game, no doubt, but I can't be too angry at him. How many points has he won us over the years? Has he not been our POTY 3 years in a row?

MoneyMay

No, that isn't what liability means. A liability suggests that he's likely to cause us severe damage. Which hasn't been the case this season. He should have saved that shot today and should have done better for Capoue's goal, but he's not had much to do this season, and has been fine for most of it so far. Your assessment is premature...

Loublaze

ATLien
Shit handling for their goal in a game where he hardly had to do anything. 4/10 just for that

Count Orduck

No, that isn't what liability means. A liability suggests that he's likely to cause us severe damage. Which hasn't been the case this season. He should have saved that shot today and should have done better for Capoue's goal, but he's not had much to do this season, and has been fine for most of it so far. Your assessment is premature...
to use the word at this point in time, could be equated to calling a very average footballer world class after they score one fantastic goal. its a premature and simply wrong assessment.
Fair enough, I used the wrong word. What word should I use then? I'm extremely disappointed with him. I'm not saying he's suddenly turned shit, every player goes through bad patches, but against Watford and again today he was poor. Not just by his own extreme standard, but by any Premier League goalkeeper's standards. He needs to sort out his poor form. Maybe he needs a break and the international matches will do him some good.

Status
Not open for further replies.