Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibi Dreams

This may well have been his easiest game ever for us :lol: I remember one save he made and it was comfortable. Let's hope he doesn't lose his sharpness if we keep being absolutely dominant :lol:

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Remember the times when VDS could have gotten his deck chair out for most games? Hopefully it'll be the same for DDG from now on :cool:

AR87

Unrelated to his performances this year but I was watching highlights of his from 2012/13 and that little shoulder shimmy save he made on Silva from point blank range in the Manchester derby is still insane. Amazing player and has been for awhile.

Sigma

So, with Real transfer embargoed we most likely have him for 2 extra seasons (at least) :D

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Dave always celebrates whenever we score. Never hides his emotions, shows that he really cares.

Oh yeah and Real Madrid haven't signed him :)

VanGaalEra

If we become a top 4 team in Europe again, going deep into the CL and winning the PL, he won't leave.

It's completely down to the club.

GBBQ

If we become a top 4 team in Europe again, going deep into the CL and winning the PL, he won't leave.

It's completely down to the club.
We've clearly convinced him of a future vision that is worth sticking around for. With LVG in charge it was a foregone conclusion that he would go to Madrid (the most decorated football team, the current reigning European champions and based in his home town) yet by mid summer even the tabloids weren't peddling any stories of him leaving.

From a fan point of view, most had become resigned to the thought of him leaving. Devastated of course, but fully understood that he had probably been more than loyal in sticking with the team through Moyes' and LVG's reigns. To be the first goalkeeper to win the club player of the year trophy and the first player to win it three times in a row spoke of his importance to the club and his commitment. I don't think many would have held a grudge if he had left last season but it was symptomatic of how we had fallen post SAF.

Thank feck Mourinho was brought in.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I was quite bemused when the pundits on Saturday evening said it was cruel on Hull because just before we scored Meyler should've buried what they seemed to think was a huge opening.

He didn't even get it on target and even if he did, he had to beat De Gea.

It must be pretty demoralising for the opposition when they're struggling to even create one opening and when they do, the shot has to be perfect or it won't beat De Gea.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Crafton,who's undoubtedly the closest journo to his family says, he wants to be captain after Rooney. Hes not going anywhere anytime soon.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's seen the club bring in Pogba, Ibra. Mike Targaryen and Mourinho in one window, that's pretty conclusive evidence that we mean business for him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wasn't there a @Damien thread with a poll which showed that most think De Gea would leave United this summer?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
So, with Real transfer embargoed we most likely have him for 2 extra seasons (at least) :D
We'll see if UEFA comes down ultimately to transfer ban them & Atletico, judging by their good fortune as far as UEFA is concerned I have my doubts

Plus, happy belated fax day!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Crafton was also the first to break the new contract news.

He seems a good source for DDG news.
Was also the first to report he was off to Madrid and the first to report he and LVG didn't see eye to eye. Also interviewed his family a couple of times. He's clued up when it comes to De Gea.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His season end highlights reel would be pretty dull this year if it goes at this rate

Perrick Dubois

His season end highlights reel would be pretty dull this year if it goes at this rate
Definitely. Found a couple of montages from Moyes season and then LVG's first season. Outrages saves. The guy is inhuman, the Jerome save against Palace from the Moyes season was scandalous.

Deleted member 101472

Just strange why he tried to save the first goal with his foot. Can't work it out he had time to get down to it with his hands

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Just strange why he tried to save the first goal with his foot. Can't work it out he had time to get down to it with his hands
It's a bit of a conundrum, however, he's been so successful using his feet that I wouldn't blame him too much for that particular decision. Should have saved it, though (with his foot, of course). Overall, he was very poor. Catching was off, should have called to Smalling...

ZDwyr

He was never going to get down in time to save the first goal with his hands. Going with the feet was the right decision IMO. But he was pretty poor all game.

Deleted member 101472

He was never going to get down in time to save the first goal with his hands. Going with the feet was the right decision IMO. But he was pretty poor all game.
If he got down with his legs , he can at least attempt with his hands . At least get his body behind it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
This. The power of the shot and the close range of it, he would have gone over it if he tried to get down with his hands and body. Had to go with the feet. He was unfortunate that he didn't make the right contact with it. Still, it wasn't the worst thing he did today. Unusually poor. Still, we don't even know if he did call to Smalling and he just ignored it, or vice versa. Hard to imagine two players of that level not putting a name on it. Easier to imagine one of them, or both, ignoring a call.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Slow start of the season for him as he let in a few unnecessary goals already. Hopefully he'll come back to his world-class level soon, I felt like the first calm games threw him back a little.

Handré1990

He didn't exctly make any big mistakes except the Ighalo chance, even then I think Smalling should be able to read the situation better.

My biggest issue is that he seems to have stopped, completely, playing the ball into teammates feet. This has to be Mourinho's doing. I'm tearing my hair out watching how much less control we have when everytime he gets the ball, it's hoofed long to 50/50 duels. We have the keeper who is best in the world with his feet, imo, and we're not utilising it.

criticalanalysis

He didn't exctly make any big mistakes except the Ighalo chance, even then I think Smalling should be able to read the situation better.

My biggest issue is that he seems to have stopped, completely, playing the ball into teammates feet. This has to be Mourinho's doing. I'm tearing my hair out watching how much less control we have when everytime he gets the ball, it's hoofed long to 50/50 duels. We have the keeper who is best in the world with his feet, imo, and we're not utilising it.
I'd agree with you except the last part. I've made comments about this too but yes on the whole, he definitely needs to up his game with the build up play.

Still that's probably a confidence/no one's mentioned it kind of thing. I.e It has to come from Mourinho for us to actively try to build up play from the back. He's probably neither commented or addressed it enough so in effect he's just letting De Gea do what he wants in those situations.

Knowing how nervy we are whenever we get pressed, the first thing that comes to De Gea's mind is 'I'm clearing the feck out of this'.

izec

He was very angry today. When we conceded the second goal he was jumping and screaming and also after the penalty whistle and before the penalty was shot he talked to Pogba, Bailley et al.

Handré1990

I'd agree with you except the last part. I've made comments about this too but yes on the whole, he definitely needs to up his game with the build up play.

Still that's probably a confidence/no one's mentioned it kind of thing. I.e It has to come from Mourinho for us to actively try to build up play from the back. He's probably neither commented or addressed it enough so in effect he's just letting De Gea do what he wants in those situations.

Knowing how nervy we are whenever we get pressed, the first thing that comes to De Gea's mind is 'I'm clearing the feck out of this'.
Yeah, you may be right. Yesterday I felt it had something to do with Smalling over Blind as well. Smalling looks like he is stricken by panick whenever he has the ball closer than 10 yards to an opponent. Fellaini isn't anywhere near as good as Carrick, Blind and Herrera when it comes to picking out the right space to recieve a pass from defenders or the keeper.

To summarise, all these things put together makes us concede control more and more, even against worse teams. The one thing we should have taken from LVG is the controlling of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.