David De Gea Appreciation Thread

predator

Youth NITK
I imagine he is back in Manchester to sort things out in regards to moving. Maybe he's been on a long vacation, since departing us and hasn't had chance to yet sort his shit out at his house.

lex talionis

If after another month of disastrous performances we're actually in the market for another keeper, before we even think about De Gea -- which, given the shabby treatment the club him before he was kicked out the door, I would not want to see De Gea return -- we need to think about who else is reasonably available. So for you FIFA Pro or whatever these video games are no Allison or Ederson or even Ramsdale (who would be a massive downgrade from De Gea)...just backup keepers for relatively big clubs whose employers could be induced to sell their backup keeper.

And no on loan, please.

D-o-m-i-n-i-k

I can't post the new photo of De Gea with Fernandes, Varane, Lindelöf and Heaton.....interesting that he is already in Manchester since two weeks.

I thought early October that the reason why he is still without a club could be that he wants a little break from football and then goes to the MLS or Kobe (Mata is there and they had many spanish players in the last years like for example Iniesta).

Oranges038

I can't post the new photo of De Gea with Fernandes, Varane, Lindelöf and Heaton.....interesting that he is already in Manchester since two weeks.

I thought early October that the reason why he is still without a club could be that he wants a little break from football and then goes to the MLS or Kobe (Mata is there and they had many spanish players in the last years like for example Iniesta).
At this stage, he's like a weirdo stalker ex who just won't go away.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

There you go.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'd agree if anyone was pictured who isn't currently a Manchester United employee.
I'm guessing that the person taking the photo isn't one of our players since they've aimed the camera successfully.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I'm guessing that the person taking the photo isn't one of our players since they've aimed the camera successfully.
Could be McT. He's been pretty accurate recently, but does tend to go hiding for long periods.

JagUTD

The Amsterdam story
So you've heard it to? The question is though, was it better to find out or not find out?

Also, who told the rest of their family? The daughter or dad? Guessing the dad if the daughter was taught not to talk with her mouth full.

Wouldn't have happened with Dave in goal though.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Maybe not so terrible as people will assume. Released him, he found out that no one wanted to sign him or at the very least not as a #1 on mega wages, so he's got a reality check and re-signs. Not the worst thing in the world. And accepts his place as #2. Don't think it's that likely, but it's not a travesty.

Redfrog

Maybe not so terrible as people will assume. Released him, he found out that no one wanted to sign him or at the very least not as a #1 on mega wages, so he's got a reality check and re-signs. Not the worst thing in the world. And accepts his place as #2. Don't think it's that likely, but it's not a travesty.
Well, when you look at Onana’s level, I don’t see why he would be #2.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Well, when you look at Onana’s level, I don’t see why he would be #2.
I will judge him when we have a team capable of playing to his strengths and he's been at the club for more than 5 minutes. Rough start, but the main positive from yesterday was his save.

I certainly know that Dave is not capable of playing the way the manager wants, but as a contingency plan he's likely a lot better than that Turkish keeper.

lex talionis

It would be a travesty to bring Dave back even if it’s just for the rest of the season. It wouldn’t be good for Onana’s confidence and it would diminish Dave, who certainly doesn’t need the money. Maybe it would be a favor to Dave to put him in the shop window, but let’s think that through…Dave would have to be playing for that to make any sense.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It would be a travesty to bring Dave back even if it’s just for the rest of the season. It wouldn’t be good for Onana’s confidence and it would diminish Dave, who certainly doesn’t need the money. Maybe it would be a favor to Dave to put him in the shop window, but let’s think that through…Dave would have to be playing for that to make any sense.
AFCON.

laughtersassassin

Doubt it'll happen.

If it does it's one of the most embarrassing pathetic decisions the club has ever made.