David De Gea | Free agent | Said his goodbyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersonson

We really need a new GK.
Jesus that video is so poor. Watched 3 minutes and saw poor defending, not GK errors. But i guess its De Gea this year, last year it was popular to mock Maguire. Next season, who will it be, Shaw?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Jesus that video is so poor. Watched 3 minutes and saw poor defending, not GK errors. But i guess its De Gea this year, last year it was popular to mock Maguire. Next season, who will it be, Shaw?
Obviously Onana

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Is he the only player that need to take paycut to go Saudi Arabia? That say a lot of our football management people in the club.
He definitely needs to take a pay cut after the contract Woodward and Judge put him on imo.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Loved him for years and started to really dislike him as the game passed him by. But the man tried to change his game by trying to be more active keeper. Made me respect him much much more than compared to when he was actually world class. Go on dave, no hard feelings. You are still a legend

Yakuza_devils

Says more about DDG standing in the game if you ask me, he's finito.
Nope. Nobody was crazy enough to pay 375k p/w for a GK. It is a crazy wages now for GK let alone 5 years ago. He now needs to take massive paycut going to Saudi Arabia! Everyone else got a massive pay increments to go Saudi Arabia.

Castia

Shows how much we fecked up with that 370k a week contract when even Saudi Arabia are ‘only’ offering 250k

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don’t think he’s going to do a Joe Hart and completely disappear from the top level or anything. If he dropped his wage demands he could probably end up at a club like Roma or the like. The problem is no top clubs will give him anything close to what he’s used to.

Born2Lose

Nope. Nobody was crazy enough to pay 375k p/w for a GK. It is a crazy wages now for GK let alone 5 years ago. He now needs to take massive paycut going to Saudi Arabia! Everyone else got a massive pay increments to go Saudi Arabia.
Or the wages the Saudis are offering him relative to his current status are crazy. Who's matching that? Only mugs that might are United. If they offered him £200k where else would he go?

Nogho

By all credible accounts the club offered De Gea new reduced terms and reneged on signing the contract after De Gea already signed his part. Seeing how poorly this club has conducted business in over a decade I'm more inclined to believe the version of events outlined above.
Sure, but what I meant was that if the club signed the contract before De Gea and handing it to him and HE rejected it and turned it back and wanted more money no one would blame the player. It’s always okey for the players to want more money, but for the club to change its mind it’s seen upon as bad behaviour.

It maybe wasn’t the case this time though.

edgecutter

I don’t think he’s going to do a Joe Hart and completely disappear from the top level or anything. If he dropped his wage demands he could probably end up at a club like Roma or the like. The problem is no top clubs will give him anything close to what he’s used to.
Very few clubs will take him, he just isn't at the standard anymore

JagUTD

As De Gea is now a free agent technically, as well as other clubs being able to sign him on a free, and no doubt with a signing on fee, does that mean he could also possibly get a signing on fee if he signed a new contact here?

Don't think it would happen mind.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
As De Gea is now a free agent technically, as well as other clubs being able to sign him on a free, and no doubt with a signing on fee, does that mean he could also possibly get a signing on fee if he signed a new contact here?

Don't think it would happen mind.
He will be extremely lucky if he even gets 1/3 of his last salary from any club not based in Middle East, let alone a sing on fee.

JagUTD

He will be extremely lucky if he even gets 1/3 of his last salary from any club not based in Middle East, let alone a sing on fee.
If he goes to another club he will almost certainly get a signing on fee. You'd think we are talking about the worst player to have ever played the game, and even if that was the case, he'd still get a signing on fee.

But that wasn't what I was asking. Would he potentially get one from United if he re-signed?

And I do agree he won't get those wages anywhere.

JagUTD

No top half team in the top 3/4 leagues would go for him.
There some odd views on De Gea at the best of times as well as some valid criticisms but this is up there with the daftest takes.

Suggesting none of the top sides would go for him is one thing, and is as much about most having a settled number 1 as it is about De Gea being the wrong fit but that to top 40 sides in Europe wouldn't be interested, especially on a free which mitigates some of the wages issue is just stupid.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shows how much we fecked up with that 370k a week contract when even Saudi Arabia are ‘only’ offering 250k
Utterly astounding isn't it!

Remember when everyone was pleased the Madrid move fell through? Funny how things change in football isn't it!

Revaulx

Utterly astounding isn't it!

Remember when everyone was pleased the Madrid move fell through? Funny how things change in football isn't it!
Not really. We all get past it eventually.

Laying the emotion to one side, it’s interesting to compare top keepers’ longevity. Plenty age like fine wine throughout their thirties; some don’t. In Dave’s case I wonder whether things would have turned out differently if we hadn’t replaced LvG with a manager who was so contemptuous of retaining possession.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

He has other things on his mind at the moment anyway.
He has just purchased a home in Manchester, his wedding cake will be modeled around the dressing room with the text "Nos vemos en Manchester", donuts as his decorations. His lambo will be painted with images of him in United shirt over the years. He wants to name his child Wayne Giggs if it's a boy or Linda Jones if it's a girl. He's been wearing Red Devils underpants. Then the news come: "David you're going to Al Nassr joining Ronaldo in South Africa". Suddenly his whole world crumbles. After all what is a Man when he is not United. Edurnity? more like, Idunknowty.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Interesting what happens to him now. A large part of the fanbase actually believed he is one of the top keepers around until the very end of the season and the stats were designed to make him look bad. I never got the impression he was really rated outside of United (apart from the few years when he was truly world class).

In the end however he was world class shot-stopper not goalkeeper, he always had too many deficiencies to his game. I'd say part of the blame is on our coaching stuff (regarding passing/build up play), but other part is down to his timid personality which I always disliked in a keeper.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
There some odd views on De Gea at the best of times as well as some valid criticisms but this is up there with the daftest takes.

Suggesting none of the top sides would go for him is one thing, and is as much about most having a settled number 1 as it is about De Gea being the wrong fit but that to top 40 sides in Europe wouldn't be interested, especially on a free which mitigates some of the wages issue is just stupid.
What about the top 20 teams? If there were to need a keeper

Remember the geese

My knowledge of the other leagues isn't as extensive, but it is absolutely true that no top 10 club in the Premier League would touch him. Free or not. There are probably only a few teams in the bottom half who would.

Oranges038

Some if it is, but i watched a good bit of it.

So many times where the ball is played in and around the 6 yard box and he's just flapping around and falling over.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

To be fair none of the top 10 in England would want him, and while I think there would be a few top 10 in Italy or Spain who probably would I don't think there would be many. In fact maybe none in Spain either since by all accounts he is considered a bit of a joke there after his efforts for the national team.

Strelok

I found this quite sad actually. Agree he's not suitable to our style atm and no longer deserve his wages and he should leave but it's still sad to see him to leave like this. He has been a loyal servant to the club for years and had many great moments with us. Didn't kick a ruckus after the fax machine incident either.

Imo he should leave it's the best for all parties involved. However that doesn't stop me from wishing him all the best and he'll always be one of my favorite players regardless of him staying or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.